Randy Rhoads Fort Worth TX Story by Linda Chadwick

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Randy Rhoads Fort Worth TX Story by Linda Chadwick

Post by Silver Rhoads »

Linda Chadwick and her friend Debbie, met Randy and the band in Fort Worth, Texas. The show was at the Will Rogers Auditorium, during the Blizzard of Ozz tour.

Linda's story:

What happened backstage with Randy and Rudy that day were so funny at times, and pretty much overwhelming because we were so young.

Like I said I do want to stress that they actually were perfect gentlemen, everyone was...treated us like ladies and were never really improper in any way. I know most people want to hear the opposite but to me guys in a rock band treating someone respectfully is a pretty big story right there. But I'll try and write down just a few humorous and nice things for you so you can pass it on.

Randy was so tiny! My best friend Debbie is a very short person and Randy was shorter then her. Rudy and the others teased Randy, saying that he had to run around in the shower to get wet. Haha! He took all of the teasing with a giggle and a blush never getting angry. We talked basically about the tour and touring in general. We talked about the days he was with a band called Quiet Riot, but of course I had never even heard of a band called Quiet Riot at the time because they had not hit it big time yet. When they did I was pleased to have a picture. I will actually look through my piles of pictures and try and find that one. As for pictures, Randy and Rudy didn't want their pictures taken up close in the bus, which I was adamant about following their rules. After the show though, the guards led us back to the backstage area so we could say our goodbyes because they were pulling out and that is where I quickly snapped the picture. We were also lucky enough to sit and hear them discuss the music on a very deep level. Randy and Rudy both had their instruments and were playing them in the bus, but had headphones on so no one could hear. Randy was the first to take his headphones off and lean across to put them on me so that I could hear him playing, then afterwards Rudy did the same. We were constantly being interrupted by one of the largest roadies I've ever seen running head first into the front of the bus. Tommy, the bus driver, and all of us felt the bus jiggle everytime and would burst out in laughter. The roadie's head was bleeding after he finally stopped. Odd, huh? They kept telling us that Ozzy had the flu and that Ozzy and Sharon had been fighting alot lately. We were able to witness that when they arrived in a limo. Sharon had a black eye.

Anyway, I remember the day Randy died. I cried so hard. I had never lost a Rocker in the Rock world. It hurt that we got to experience the real person that he was. And he was 'real' in the sense that he wasn't the least bit fake or stuck up. That was nice!

The concert photos, taken by Linda Chadwick.
Randy just getting off of the stage, in Fort Worth, TX.
On the tour bus. Tommy talking on the phone.
Debbie (Left) and Linda Chadwick (Right). Linda took most of the photos, but Rudy Sarzo took this one of the girls.
Debbie with the Blizzard tour book.
Will Rogers Auditorium

A huge thank you to Linda Chadwick, of Heaven & Hell Productions, for sharing this great story and photos.
JAY
Cool Member

Post by JAY »

GREAT post that is a great memory to share!
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Thanks Silver Rhoads for Linda's story.

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Last edited by whoopiecat on Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
Dan
Cool Member

Re: Randy Rhoads Fort Worth TX Story by Linda Chadwick

Post by Dan »

Silver Rhoads wrote: Debbie with the Blizzard tour book.
This is another reason the 80's were great. What a fox!
Baking the cookies of discontent by the heat of the laundromat vent...
Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Post by Silver Rhoads »

Linda joined the forum! I'm not sure how much time she would have to post, but her user is Heaven & Hell Productions. Though I don't know if it let her put the full name as it read Heaven & Hell Product. :lol: She's now a manager and band promoter. So, welcome Linda and thanks again for sharing! She mentioned she might post another pic! :D
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Awesome!

Welcome Linda! 8)
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Great story & nice pics! Thanks! 8)

"Heaven & Hell Product" is a nice screenname for sure! :P
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Six_Strung_Out
Cool Member

Post by Six_Strung_Out »

Linda's photos are a blessing to the us ultimaterhoads people.

The Jewish tribe has a holy day called "The Blessing of the Sun" Today, at sunset, April 8th, is The Blessing of the Sun

The last Blessing of the Sun was in the year 1981 (this holiday takes place every 28 years). Was this the same year that these wonderful photos were taken by Linda and Rudy?

Randy reminds me of a solar guitar warrior who gave us a message that will take generations to comprehend.

The next year that the Blessing of the Sun takes place is Year 2037.
zennman
Cool Member

Post by zennman »

Dan wrote:
Silver Rhoads wrote: Debbie with the Blizzard tour book.
This is another reason the 80's were great. What a fox!
Hubba Hubba
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

LOL, It looks like Linda is an instant UR heart throb too :)

Mattx
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Last edited by whoopiecat on Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Post by Silver Rhoads »

Yes, that is Debbie. She doesn't live in the country at this time. I have text at the top of the pictures. Maybe it is getting lost because it's small. Sorry. :oops:
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

whoopiecat wrote:Actually, that's her buddy Debbie, correct?

T.
LOL!

This reminds me of going to a club and fighting over which one of the two ladies you are going to pick.

Matt
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Dan wrote:This is another reason the 80's were great. What a fox!
Yeah i was the same in the 80's i was like the hive full of honey the bees just kept swarming and i had to keep swatting them back 8) . Now i'm 3 stone over weight, bald, greying i better stop there. :cry: But hey the 80's what a wild decade to live my youth. Linda and Debbie i wonder if they've kept their teenage Hubba Hubba or have they grown old gracefully.You'll be in your 40's like me. LOL!! Thats me turning on the charm Eh! LOL!! Hubba Hubba i've never heard that for years FPML :wink: