That Metal Show

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

whoopiecat
Mass Poster

That Metal Show

Post by whoopiecat »

Last edited by whoopiecat on Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

How stupid. :lol: That's like comparing a fun size Snickers bar to a piece of cheese cake!
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Indeed!
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
RhoadsRockPhotographer
Cool Member

Post by RhoadsRockPhotographer »

NicDots wrote:How stupid. :lol: That's like comparing a fun size Snickers bar to a piece of cheese cake!
No kidding.

I'd take the fun size Snickers in a heartbeat!
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Now, if we were at Cheesecake Factory...I'd just order the Snickers Cheese cake. :D
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Last edited by whoopiecat on Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

apples and oranges...erup is kind of masturbatory...compare crazy to at least a vh song...like sinners swing or romeo delight....Personally im huge fan of evh but not the first album....spanish fly blows away eruption...

Anybody notice florentine said he met RR twice?
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Last edited by whoopiecat on Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

go to 3:18 of the video here and he says he met him twice and was a really nice guy but said evh was tops in his book...

http://www.vh1classic.com/view/playlist ... ndex.jhtml

hhhh
How to tell a real RR signature: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=726&start=120
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

stick the spotlight solo on the Tribute as contender vs the Eruption solo, and we have a fair fight :)

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
shanic
Cool Member

Post by shanic »

Matthew wrote:stick the spotlight solo on the Tribute as contender vs the Eruption solo, and we have a fair fight Matt

Not realy we dont Matt as it would show Randy is about ten humdreed times better than Ed, that is my opion ofcourse.
randys roadie
Cool Member

Post by randys roadie »

shanic wrote:
Matthew wrote:stick the spotlight solo on the Tribute as contender vs the Eruption solo, and we have a fair fight Matt

Not realy we dont Matt as it would show Randy is about ten humdreed times better than Ed, that is my opion ofcourse.
yep! that takes the words right out my mouth :lol: give randy any time 8)
Randy rocked
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

I am as bias as the rest of you scallywags :) but I think because Randy concentrated his guitar playing on writing so melodically, and not on being a virtuoso (although he was a virtuoso it was more as a bi product of his creativity) it means the classic thing happened! :)

Namely, someone else considered his rival at the time came into the public eye, receiving more praise, as he appealed to what the majority of people are impressed with...a spectacle.

Spectacles don't last forever. Eventually they erode away, leaving just the substance.

In this way I think Randy surpasses many people including Eddie, because his solos and playing 'cut to the chase' musically speaking and full of rich substance,

Respect to Eddie and all rock guitarists, but Randy is my favourite. He didn't sell out on tricks in my opinion.

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

I agree 1,000,000,000 times over with Matt here.
zennman
Cool Member

Post by zennman »

I'm 100% with Matthew on this. My sentiments exactly.

But just remember, in 1978 Eruption was a jaw-dropper. Most people could not tell how EVH made those sounds just by listening. It's no longer a mystery now 30 years later, so it's not as special as it was then.