The whereabouts of Randy Rhoads; a site analysis.

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: Re:

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

SwedenRockMag wrote:Hi!

Can anyonyone tell me who took these pictures?

Sweden Rock Magazine (http://www.swedenrockmagazine.com) is working a big Randy Rhoads "In memoriam"-article and we'd like to publish these pictures. We'd like to contact the photographer to see if this is alright.

Please e-mail me at thomas@swedenrock.com if you can provide any kind of information.

Thanks in advance!
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Good work hempdiddy those pics are the one's i have seen before i remember the wing photo and the front view of the mansion.

Hi Thomas I always thought these photos came from the police department's photographer. I checked this post of newspaper clippings from the time viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5572
and on close inspection these names are next to the photographs. John Ashley (Leesburg Commercial) Ray Powell (Sentinnel Star) i couldn't imagine the crash site to be flooded with media reporters etc. But you could try chasing up those photographers and they may be able to give you copyright on some pics from the time. Good luck and be sure to share the article with us when it it comes out.
meadsie

Re: The whereabouts of Randy Rhoads; a site analysis.

Post by meadsie »

I have just found and read the full autopsy report for the first time.

:cry:

I have never had such a sickening feeling in my stomach like that.

Poor Randy. I hope it ended very quickly.

How awful for the family too. For years I have always been sceptical about how much the Rhoads' family protect Randy.

Having to identify the body must have been horrendous.

I never want to read that article again.

I feel totally humbled and saddened.

Rest In Peace.

Richard
Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Post by Axeman1956 »

meadsie wrote:I have just found and read the full autopsy report for the first time.

:cry:

I have never had such a sickening feeling in my stomach like that.

Poor Randy. I hope it ended very quickly.

How awful for the family too. For years I have always been sceptical about how much the Rhoads' family protect Randy.

Having to identify the body must have been horrendous.

I never want to read that article again.

I feel totally humbled and saddened.

Rest In Peace.

Richard
It is sad. He did pass away quick. When the plane hit the bus, I believe Randy passed from head trauma on impact. He didn't feel anything at all. All in all, it was a tragic event and still does haunt me since I became a Rhoads fan in 2003. Been that way since my father told me, while I was listening to Tribute, that he had passed away... Of course after I asked him who the guitarist was... I'll never forget that.
SwedenRockMag

Post by SwedenRockMag »

GUITARIDOL5682:

Thanks a ton! Those clippings are actually way better for illustrating that particular part of the article. Do you know who scanned these? I'd like to send over a couple of copies of the finished mag to you and whoever did the scanning and uploading as a small thank you.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Thomas I seen these on ebay last year and asked the seller if he could email me some scans of the press cuttings. He was very helpful and sent me them. Be sure to use them, but remember where you got them from and give us a mention ok. I look forward to seeing your article. cheers :wink:
SwedenRockMag

Post by SwedenRockMag »

GUITARIDOL5682: Our photo credits usually just mention the name of the photographer, or in cases where people we've interviewed have given us access to private photos the line says something like "courtesy of Wendy Dio", for example.

If we'd use the line "courtesy of...", what would you like it to say?

Please e-mail me your home address at thomas@swedenrock.com and I'll make sure to send you a couple of copies of the mag when it's done. It is in Swedish, but as a fan you might like to have it in your collection anyway.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

SwedenRockMag wrote:GUITARIDOL5682: Our photo credits usually just mention the name of the photographer, or in cases where people we've interviewed have given us access to private photos the line says something like "courtesy of Wendy Dio", for example.

Please e-mail me your home address at thomas@swedenrock.com and I'll make sure to send you a couple of copies of the mag when it's done. It is in Swedish, but as a fan you might like to have it in your collection anyway.
Thanks Thomas i'll PM you my address. If you want to give this website some kudos & recognition you can mention 'Thanks to Shaun, Joe, Ian, Matt, Pat and all the guys at www.ultimaterhoads.com ' glad to be of help. Any chance you could translate the RR section into English as a file and post it up here for everyone to see. :wink: cheers
SwedenRockMag

Post by SwedenRockMag »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
SwedenRockMag wrote:GUITARIDOL5682: Our photo credits usually just mention the name of the photographer, or in cases where people we've interviewed have given us access to private photos the line says something like "courtesy of Wendy Dio", for example.

Thanks Thomas i'll PM you my address. If you want to give this website some kudos & recognition you can mention 'Thanks to Shaun, Joe, Ian, Matt, Pat and all the guys at http://www.ultimaterhoads.com ' glad to be of help. Any chance you could translate the RR section into English as a file and post it up here for everyone to see. :wink: cheers
For a printed magazine, that is a bit too long a line: how about "courtesy of www.ultimaterhoads.com"? Would that be ok?

I'm sorry to say that I won't have time for a translation, and that pretty much all the interviews for this article deal with Randy, so it'd be a bit too much too publish here. I'll see if I can at least run parts through Google Translate or something for you.
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

SwedenRockMag wrote: For a printed magazine, that is a bit too long a line: how about "courtesy of http://www.ultimaterhoads.com"? Would that be ok?
Yeah thats fine Thomas i look forward to seeing the mag :wink:

Alex if it's a big as the 'Sweden Rock fest' that mag may direct a few fans over here... Job done :wink:
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

I don't think it's being morbid visiting sites where an artist, such as Randy were photographed or were publicized being at that place. I think some people want to walk in the footsteps of that "star". Like the Disney stairs from Diary or Ridge Farm. I think it's to confirm Randy's and one's existence and be somewhat closer to them. I would love to visit the Rhoads' school, England, above, etc. but they aren't at the top of my list. I need to go back to practicing...
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

Alex wrote:Jag kommer definitivt att köpa numret när det kommer ut. Good stuff, Thomas!
Jag med ;) really dug the Dio special they had last time :twisted:
mauk 1

Post by mauk 1 »

ImageImage
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

so ... Alex ... did you get the issue? :)
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Stiltzkin wrote:so ... Alex ... did you get the issue? :)
It's Well worth checking out, i got my copy today. I'm busy scanning the pages for the translation. Unfortunately no new pics but a couple of Ozzy that i've never seen before. It's well put together 16 pages on Ozzy & RR. Some of the other articles look cool Adrian Smith, King Diamond, Terroriser, Picture, Meatloaf etc..
Attachments
Sweden Rock magazine Ozzy RR special.jpg