Ozzy Live with Randy Blue Vinyl UK only release

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

richard emms

Ozzy Live with Randy Blue Vinyl UK only release

Post by richard emms »

UK Album Release. Official? Not sure -- but worth a look!

https://codarecords.co.uk/products/ozzy ... rble-vinyl

This is a pre-order item – Stock expected 16 February 2024

This release is limited to 500 copies.

Pressed on stunning heavyweight marble vinyl, this album showcases Ozzy Osbourne’s incendiary gig at the Théâtre Saint-Denis, in Montreal, Quebec, on 28 July 1981, during the Blizzard of Oz Tour. Featured tracks include classics such as Crazy Train, Mr. Crowley, I Don’t Know and Black Sabbath’s legendary Paranoid.

Consisting mostly of material from his debut solo studio album, Blizzard of Oz, and what became his second album Diary of a Madman, the Blizzard of Oz Tour clearly demonstrated the excitement Ozzy was creating with his solo project.

The rhythm section of bassist Rudy Sarzo and drummer Tommy Aldridge was rock solid, but it was the innovative guitar work of the mighty Randy Rhoads that made this period in Osbourne’s career so important.

The incredible gig featured here was recorded live and broadcast on the King Biscuit Flower Hour radio show. What makes this performance particularly special, is that it is one of the few professional live recordings made of Ozzy and Randy Rhoads on stage together prior to his tragic death in February 1982.

Track Listing

Side One

Flyin’ High Again
I Don’t Know
Crazy Train
Believer
Mr. Crowley
Side Two

Suicide Solution / Guitar Solo
Revelation (Mother Earth)
Steal Away (The Night)
Drum Solo
Paranoid

Format: Vinyl / 12” Album (Coloured Vinyl)

Label: Second Records

Catalogue No: SRFM0044ME

Barcode: 9003829976953

Release Date: 26 Jan 2024
Attachments
OzzyOsbourneNightTerrorsBlueMarbleVinylMockupforShopify.jpg
stealaway
Mass Poster

Re: Ozzy Live with Randy Blue Vinyl UK only release

Post by stealaway »

Well, to me- that cover sucks!!! 😝 Would be great it they'd release something great, for a change. But with Randy Rhoads that rarely seems to be the case. Last time I got any official goodies of Randy, was the Blizzard/Diary-boxet (the NYC 1981 live dvd!!!) and that was in about 2011.
Mikel
barossadude

Post by barossadude »

Isn't this the show that Kevin played to Randy on cassette when he came home on a break mid / late '81?
"Rock n' Roll's universal" - Bon Scott, AC/DC
magicvoice

Post by magicvoice »

An incomplete concert...oh where do I sign up? 🙄 why not just download the whole gig? I know it was available on here in the bootleg section 🤔
Rhoadsfan266

Post by Rhoadsfan266 »

Looks like a boot for sure, anyone remember ozzium lp, probably same, starting off with FHA
clashradio
Cool Member

Post by clashradio »

This is sourced from (one) of the King Biscuit Flower Hour broadcasts of the St. Denis Theatre July 28th show. There were three different broadcasts from the same date. Actually four if you count the ABC Networks broadcast that lists this show as Indiana. I always wondered why some boots from St. Denis were mislabeled Indiana.

The network eggheads changed the broadcast order of FHA for the January '82 due to the new single at the time. May '82 is just a re-broadcast of Jan '82. The band still played the concert in the same order as all other US Blizzard shows.

KBFH broadcasts are: Sept 13 '81 (IDK, CT, B, IM, COTG)
January 17 '82 & May 2 '82 (FHA, IDK, CT, B, MC, SS (same guitar solo in Tribute), RME, SATN (with drum solo), P.

ABC Network broadcast vinyl has the same track order as the Jan & May '82 broadcasts, but the cue sheets say Indiana for some reason.

As you can see, you'd need two of the KBFH broadcast vinyl's (or the ABC Network) to make a complete July 28 1981 show.
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

Is this the equivalent of a modern bootleg vinyl from the 80's?

At the end of the day, the Montreal bootleg is in our bootleg collection and is dead easy to get from anywhere. Some of this show ended up on Tribute. This dodgy looking vinyl isn't worth investing in.