NEW! Randy's FULL Mr. Crowley Solo (Without Fade)

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

ammalato

NEW! Randy's FULL Mr. Crowley Solo (Without Fade)

Post by ammalato »

Amazing...After almost 30 years. We can now hear what randy did at the end of the Mr. Crowley Solo, without the Studio "Fade-Out" God bless Guitar Hero!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNe48Zz6lAA
Life's a stage and we're all in the cast.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Yeah, I watched that a while ago, but didn't know if it was really the real thing.
ammalato

Post by ammalato »

Well, Ozzy Sanctioned it and his likeness is in the game. They had to be given permission to access the master tapes for the game so, yeah...it's real. The thing that's GREAT about these games is that the actual guitar parts are separate files (if you hit the wrong button... the guitar track stops playing, but the rhythm tracks continue) meaning that people can pull JUST the guitar tracks off of the disc. I'm waiting for someone to do this. We will be ablel to have Randy's isolated guitar track for those songs. How cool!?
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Last edited by Paul Wolfe on Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Yeah, I had heard that with the first games, the artists just allowed their songs to be "covered" in the game.
But the guitar in that video has a nearly identical tone to Randy's fuzzy tone in Blizzard.
ammalato

Post by ammalato »

You're partially correct. Though I'm not too familiar with the earlier version of Guitar Hero, many of the songs on GT3 (which came out last year) are essentially covers (or "in the style of...") performed by session musicians. But there ARE also actual versions of songs straight off the master tapes. For example...the Rolling Stones "Paint it Black" is on there and is the REAL recording. What's the most interesting about that is that (like these ozzy tunes) there is a whole long part after what is usually a fade out.

I would guess that as this game has grown in popularity it has begun to become a large revenue stream for these artists, and as a result more and more they are allowing access to master tapes for the game. Aerosmith has a whole guitar hero game based on them and all the recordings are their actual recordings I believe. Even the game Rock Band has some Metallica songs from and justice for all that people have hacked (as you recall the bass on and justice is not audible) and remixed in order to hear the bass parts. It's pretty cool.
wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

Last edited by wareagle on Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
McLowery
Madman

Post by McLowery »

I wonder if it is Randy on the guitar track for the game. I know that BATM is not Jake E. Lee it is Marcus Henderson and he cuts a damn close take of that song. It sounds pretty authentic though.. I'll have to do some digging into it.
Oh bring me some CHUNKY PUDDING, and bring it RIGHT NOW!!!
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

at 5:18 the sound of the recording changes. I just noticed...maybe nothing and not sure if it is worth mentioning even...anyway

Yes it sounds like the real Mccoy though! Butlike McLowery says (he loves his name bought up in threads the tart :) is there a great mimic out there!!

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

i noticed it.
ammalato

Post by ammalato »

That sound change you hear is part of the game. When you acheive certain things or get certain note streaks you get the equivalent of a "power up". you'll notice that the screen looks like it gets "electrified" and the sound gets louder with more reverb. Happens on all songs if you're good.
wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

hmmm,....ok...ill buy that explanation!
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Hi Guitar players

So is it the real deal? yes or no! I don't play so I wouldn't know.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Bob would know! me, I think its created becaurse those Drums are not really sounding like Lee and the whole construction seems very different to what became the full live version.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

I am going to stick my neck out then. I have listened to it again and I think it is Randy.
My reasons are not just the obvious things like tone but the way he has phrased the end bits and also that really distinctive vibrato!

If it is not Randy that is THE best impersonation I have ever come across

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt