What is it about Randy!!

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

wyldeone
Cool Member

What is it about Randy!!

Post by wyldeone »

When I first heard the Blizzard album in the early Dec. of 1980 I was BLOWN AWAY buy this new guitar player Randy Rhoads.. I went to my local record store and bought this album on import. Then I seen my new favorite Guitar Player and he just looked like a Bad Ass player..
This was my new Fav. (EDDIE WHO!) I was lucy enough to see Randy on both tours and his Stage presence was un real!! (I even Briefly met him on the Blizzard tour at the Aragon ballroom in Chicago.. I was like are you Randy Rhoads.. He said yes and that was it!! But after Randy Died I was Crushed!! I remember the time and place I was when I heard the Tragic news, Like people do with JFK. There has not been a Guitar Player since that Cant Top Randy!! I think about Randy Everyday.. How many other fans out there are like this?? Im a 45 year old Married with 3 Great Kids.. And I think I think more about Randy than my Wife l.o.l. I just had to express my thoughts.. and wonder how many of you that feel the same way.. Thanks Dave..
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Hi Dave

I don't think more about Randy than I do my wife LOL but I admire your passion.

I don't think there can ever be too many of these type of posts either about Randy.

Randy, as I have said before, is like Brice Lee in that his inspiration he exudes to other people crosses many diverse fields.... i.e I do not do martial arts but Bruce (like Randy) changed my life. I also know many non musicians who too have had their life changed due to Randy...

Godbless his music and thanks everyone for keeping him alive here!!

Mattxxx
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I have to admit That RR crops into my thoughts everyday which is what has forced me into wanting to get UR out there for like minded friends to gather.
I have tried very hard to look at his playing in such a way that allows me to see that his style and playing have aged and become dated, I don't think they have and although I dislike the sound of the 'Blizzard' album the songs played by RR live are still amazingly fresh. I believe that 'Diary' is the best studio album he did and those tunes are stil stunning to listen to 27 years later.
I hope that we will see more RR live footage as the years pass because the lack of new footage in the years since his passing has been disapointing.

RR's music will live long after my passing giving people who discover tunes Like Mr Crowley and Diary of a Madman as much enjoyment as I felt when I first heard them in 1981. I also hope that UR will be around as well with its archive being a place that those who find him can vissit to learn more about the great man.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Its funny 'cos as the years pass by I still think about Randy on a regular basis. You would have thought by now some 26 years after he passed away that my thoughts about him would be few and far between, but I find myself drifting off regularly into my own little world and putting myself back in time to that great era.
I myself, like you Dave, am married with 3 kids, and often keep my thoughts to myself, my family all know of my love for Randy Rhoads and his music, but don't really appreciate how much his work means to me or how much of an affect he had on me, and how as a 15 yr old kid back then how much he, along with Ozzy, changed my life for the better.
My passion for Randy Rhoads has never died, personally I hope I'll allways feel like this, I'm sure I will. Greatness can never die.
Six_Strung_Out
Cool Member

Post by Six_Strung_Out »

We all have powerful majestic guitar melody's that run around inside of our minds. Randy always reminds me of a feeling beyond musical notes. When I hear 99.999% of guitar music it stuns for just a short time. Music is ethereal. Randy floated in those abstract spaces. And his celestial trails can be heard without ears.
Zakk Daniels
Mass Poster

Post by Zakk Daniels »

RANDY FUCKING RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I miss him and think about him every day!
Work Sucks!! Thats why I am on here reading posts!!
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

I find myself thinking of RR more now these days...namely cause Dweebshire sent me the Marshall amp poster that says "I went to Marshall and ordered my own amps, had them beefed up and modified, I got them in white!"

Whenever I look at it I can't help but think "RUN ON SENTENCE!!" :lol:
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

NicDots wrote:I find myself thinking of RR more now these days...namely cause Dweebshire sent me the Marshall amp poster that says "I went to Marshall and ordered my own amps, had them beefed up and modified, I got them in white!"

Whenever I look at it I can't help but think "RUN ON SENTENCE!!" :lol:
Nicole!! I think the same. It sits on my wall opppsite my 4 favourite guitars and it really inspires Dweebshire!!!

How are you by the way?

Mattxx
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

I am doing quite well! :D My Lord, it feels like ages since I have typed "Dweebshire." No wonder my life was feeling empty!

So far Randy is the only poster on the wall right now...I have STILL not gotten my act together and properly moved all my stuff back. :lol:
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Hi Nicole

I had to do a days work today :) after 7 weeks of just fun and playing guitar..well teaching is fun...but it was extra fun playing guitars and waking up late in the holidays.

Can I write to you tomorrow? I am a tired fool.

Mattxxx
alex1251

Post by alex1251 »

okay so i barely turned 17 yesterday,i know im still young but Randy for me was like a huge inspiration on guitar and how he was a great person,and extremely dedicated. When i started playing guitar i didnt know what direction to head towards with it until i heard him,he was and still is the best thing ive ever heard, at first i wanted to sound like him, then i read some articles and i realized that hed want me to develop a style that id be comfortable with and dedicated to, to find myself through the guitar, to not just try to sound like him, and thats why he will always be my favorite guitar player of all time, like right now im really into Clapton, but i know that Randy in my mind will always be the greatest guitar player who ever lived.
Goodbye to romance, yeah
Goodbye to friends,
Goodbye to all the Past
I guess that we'll meet
We'll meet in the end
zorcho

Post by zorcho »

It is amazing how Randy continues to inspire generations of musicians and fans. I am sure most of us here are familiar with that bittersweet statement Randy made after accepting the award for best new guitarist, "I don't want too stop here."
Well Randy, you haven't stopped inspiring, and with fans like these at UR you never will. You would be proud!!!!
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

he wasn't just an amazing musician he was an amazing person,

thats why he continues to inspire, he is truly a great role model.

Rob