Iron Man

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

KurtL

Iron Man

Post by KurtL »

Did Randy ever play the full 5:00 version of "Iron Man" with Ozzy live?
Every version I've heard is only 3:00 long, with no guitar solo.
RhoadsFan

Post by RhoadsFan »

Im pretty sure he only did the shortened version live. I know that the one on the tribute album is only 2:50.
“If you guys are going to be throwing beer bottles at us, at least make sure they're full.â€Â
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

RhoadsFan wrote:Im pretty sure he only did the shortened version live. I know that the one on the tribute album is only 2:50.
And they did it without shouting after Ozzy counting to three at the start a few times. Other than that it was all short versions.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

I think it's too bad Randy never played the Iron Man intro like Brad Gilles did later on. It would have sound huge with Randy's sound and all the feedback etc. If I remember correctly Brad felt the same about Randy not doing the intro.
KurtL

Post by KurtL »

thanks you guys. I never really thought that he did perform the full version live. It was just a thought. thanks for your fast replies though.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

i think its a shame randy never got to try some other sabbath songs, maybe symptom of the universe. It must of been pretty boring for him playing the same three sabs songs each show especialy if he didnt like sabbath.

If you compare paranoid on speak of the devil and tribute i think it really shows just how thick or "huge" randys sound was.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Randy didn't want to play Sabb songs and on the Euro leg of the Diary tour in late 1981 they only played Paranoid.
I think that the 'Speak' album is very good and Brad is not given enough credit for his talents. Altough 'Symptom' would have been stunning by Randy. 8)
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

i like "speak" too, i listened non stop when i got it. Although at the same time i think that the fans in the audience must have been kinda pissed.

maybe its just me but when you listen to randy playing sabbath songs on the later bootlegs he seems to put in less effort like maybe he's bored of the songs.
Randy Perry

Post by Randy Perry »

If it were up to me, instead of IronMan/Children of the Grave and Paranoid... even though he didn't want to play them... I would want to have heard Randy play SWEET LEAF, N.I.B. and HOLE IN THE SKY instead.
Stewie
Mass Poster

Post by Stewie »

Randy Perry wrote:If it were up to me, instead of IronMan/Children of the Grave and Paranoid... even though he didn't want to play them... I would want to have heard Randy play SWEET LEAF, N.I.B. and HOLE IN THE SKY instead.
I want to hear Randy play War Pigs.

Definitly.
DayNah
Cool Member

Post by DayNah »

I would've loved to hear Randy pull off any of the other Sabbath tunes....You know he would do them more than justice....
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

'Sympton' would be it for sure!
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:'Sympton' would be it for sure!
randys tone on that song would be heaven 8)