Visible evidence of Randy's modded Marshall?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Follis wrote:Dummy load?
A trick that Eddie used to get more control over the end volume.
The 'Dummy load' is connected with speaker out of the Marshall instead of a speakercabinet, then from the "Dummy load" a line out signal is taken to another amp which usually only serves as a poweramp. This way you can run the Marshall at volumes were that nice powertube overdrive occurs (usually at very high volume....) and with the poweramp you can control the end-volume then. In fact the whole Marshall head is then used as a preamp.
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Flying Dutchman,
If you check the "fantastic shots" out if you look closely you can notice the Hire firms logo stuck on all the Amp heads and cabinets.The heads look like very early models as the Marshall logo is the smaller size.
Hard to see on those posted pics what is written on those labels, on the originals you have those labels are probably easier to read.
btw Randy also used an older Superlead with a smaller logo (and polarity switch ) as well as I wrote earlier in this thread.
Thanks for those 'fantastic shots'! 8)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

As far as the backline used for the HMH Portvale 1981 gig.I noticed on a photo (Neil Zlozower) of Randy sitting on a sofa playing his Black Jackson with his guitars on stands and his guitar case.If you look at the far right on his case you can see a sticker of the company that they hired the equipment from. The sticker has a capitol ML with a red star shooting out of the letters with a map of the UK silhouetted.This same sticker was stuck on all the hired gear.Does anyone recognise who the company are from my discription,if you do post it up.It would be great if those amp heads and 4X12's wer still around today..They'd be worth a small fortune knowing that Randy has done a full gig playing through them WOW!!! :shock: