Is this the same video ?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

This is the earliest group photo I have of the Blizzard of Ozz line-up, I believe this is early 1980. Ozzy's hair is far longer than in the stills above.
Also it's a good excuse to show this rare press cutting.

Yet in the next photo of the second Blizzard line-up, early 1981, Ozzy's hair is nearer in length to the stills above.
Attachments
Blizzard Line-up 005.jpg
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

This one from early 1981. The second official Blizzard line-up.
Attachments
Blizzard Line-up 006.jpg
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Yeah Gaz i can see your point, but the jacket he is wearing would put a time around late '79 - 1980.The picture above is taken from the Blizzard UK tour programme 1980.Like you mentioned Ozzy's hair is shorter and his hair was shorter during the 1980 UK tour.So if this is $harons birthday i would say it is October 1980.
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Yeah, fair comment Shaun, but in October 1980 Ozzy had a fringe, yet in the stills he's growing it out, therefore I'd put tit a little later.
But anyhow, we could debate the date of this forever, is there any other stills available to maybe shed more light on this, like any band members in the background.
RhoadsFan

Post by RhoadsFan »

the news article spelled Rhoads wrong. that happens way too much.
“If you guys are going to be throwing beer bottles at us, at least make sure they're full.â€Â
Mike541x
Cool Member

Post by Mike541x »

RhoadsFan wrote:the news article spelled Rhoads wrong. that happens way too much.
Yeah, that gets annoying. When will people learn?
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Fozzy41 wrote:Yeah, fair comment Shaun, but in October 1980 Ozzy had a fringe, yet in the stills he's growing it out, therefore I'd put tit a little later.
But anyhow, we could debate the date of this forever, is there any other stills available to maybe shed more light on this, like any band members in the background.
No more stills i'm affraid,it makes me laugh when you find yourself talking bolloxs about what clothes someone is wearing and haircuts and shit... But i suppose it is a process of elimination..to put a date on something if nothing else :wink:
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
Fozzy41 wrote:it makes me laugh when you find yourself talking bolloxs about what clothes someone is wearing and haircuts and shit... But i suppose it is a process of elimination..to put a date on something if nothing else :wink:
Yeah I agree, I was thinking the same.
But it's good to try and narrow down dates for certain photo's etc, I enjoy it, a bit of friendly debate/banter is also a good laugh.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Gaz you may be right about this not being $haron's birthday.If you look at this pic below.It looks like someone has just done an after dinner speach type of thing.As Ozzy,$haron and Don Arden are all at the table clapping ?.One of those would be missing out of the picture if it was them speaking..Just a theory but this could possibley be a party for the staff at Jet records? Looking at all the gold and silver disc awards etc.This could be at Jets office building.?