what country did the Rhoads family originate from?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

what country did the Rhoads family originate from?

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Does anyone know Randy's roots?

I don't know but I imagine he has Scandinavian blood.

I would love to find this out!

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

i think i remember reading that randy's family were lutherans!? If this is true then based on what i know his family (or at least part of it?) would have probably originated from somewhere lke belgium/austria or scandinavia like you suggest.

My mum has traced my family tree quite extensively and it turns out i have lutheran roots. She looked into Lutheranism (if thats a word :lol: ) at the time.

I dont remember exactly where it originates from but i know for 100% fact i have family from belgium so it could be that the group originates from there???

it would be difficult to pin down exactly where the family are from since family trees get very fragmented. If you go back about 4/5 generations then i have faimily from belgium, scotland, ireland and even romania!
Stewie
Mass Poster

Post by Stewie »

I LIVE IN BELGIUM :D

Ok, it would be cool if they came from Belgium 8)
frank
Student & Friend of Randy

Post by frank »

delores adopted the lutheran faith. her family traces back to england i believe. in the large mausoleum at mountain view where randy was first laid to rest are some of her family members. the family name was kell (hence doug taking as his name 'kelle')
frank

Post by frank »

i'm not sure but i think his dads family was from england too.
Six_Strung_Out
Cool Member

Post by Six_Strung_Out »

Mrs. Rhoads looks very strong. As you all know, the Internet is filled with family name sites. Here is a paste of one websites general overview for the name: RHOADS.

http://www.houseofnames.com/xq/asp.fc/q ... -crest.htm

Where did the English Rhoads family come from? What is the English coat of arms/family crest? When did the Rhoads family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the history of the family name?

A multitude of spelling variations characterize Norman surnames. Many variations occurred because Old and Middle English lacked any definite spelling rules. The introduction of Norman French to England also had a pronounced effect, as did the court languages of Latin and French. Therefore, one person was often referred to by several different spellings in a single lifetime. The various spellings include Rhodes, Rhoades, Rhode, Rhoads, Roades, Roads and others.

First found in Lincolnshire where they were seated from very early times and were granted lands by Duke William of Normandy, their liege Lord, for their distinguished assistance at the Battle of Hastings in 1066 A.D.

Many English families left England, to avoid the chaos of their homeland and migrated to the many British colonies abroad. Although the conditions on the ships were extremely cramped, and some travelers arrived diseased, starving, and destitute, once in the colonies, many of the families prospered and made valuable contributions to the cultures of what would become the United States and Canada. Research into the origins of individual families in North America has revealed records of the immigration of a number of people bearing the name Rhoads or a variant listed above: John Rhode settled in Virginia with his wife and three children in 1709; along with Phillip and his wife and four children; John Rhodes settled in Maryland in 1774.

Motto Translated: Strength through God.

I am sure that Randy's family is very proud of their heritage. They would know more about their blood lines than an internet site. I posted this sample for discussion only.
frank

Post by frank »

wow. good job, ray.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Well, there is the Rhodes Statue in Turkey. Don't see Randy as really Turkish. :lol:
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Six_Strung_Out wrote:Mrs. Rhoads looks very strong. As you all know, the Internet is filled with family name sites. Here is a paste of one websites general overview for the name: RHOADS.

http://www.houseofnames.com/xq/asp.fc/q ... -crest.htm

Where did the English Rhoads family come from? What is the English coat of arms/family crest? When did the Rhoads family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the history of the family name?

A multitude of spelling variations characterize Norman surnames. Many variations occurred because Old and Middle English lacked any definite spelling rules. The introduction of Norman French to England also had a pronounced effect, as did the court languages of Latin and French. Therefore, one person was often referred to by several different spellings in a single lifetime. The various spellings include Rhodes, Rhoades, Rhode, Rhoads, Roades, Roads and others.

First found in Lincolnshire where they were seated from very early times and were granted lands by Duke William of Normandy, their liege Lord, for their distinguished assistance at the Battle of Hastings in 1066 A.D.

Many English families left England, to avoid the chaos of their homeland and migrated to the many British colonies abroad. Although the conditions on the ships were extremely cramped, and some travelers arrived diseased, starving, and destitute, once in the colonies, many of the families prospered and made valuable contributions to the cultures of what would become the United States and Canada. Research into the origins of individual families in North America has revealed records of the immigration of a number of people bearing the name Rhoads or a variant listed above: John Rhode settled in Virginia with his wife and three children in 1709; along with Phillip and his wife and four children; John Rhodes settled in Maryland in 1774.

Motto Translated: Strength through God.

I am sure that Randy's family is very proud of their heritage. They would know more about their blood lines than an internet site. I posted this sample for discussion only.
Great read. Thankyou! also I learned soemthing else. Your name is Ray :D

Frank, Randy's bloodline is definitely English? and not British (ie Welsh, Scottish or Northern Irish)

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
frank

Post by frank »

that's all i know matt. i wasn't expecting the spanish inquisition.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

frank wrote:that's all i know matt. i wasn't expecting the spanish inquisition.
Sorry to upset you

Matt
frank

Post by frank »

all is forgiven, my cheeky little friend.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

In England it was common for families to take the name of the local lord, we were in bodage to land owners like the slaves in the USA so we had names forced on us, also a name would be given based on the job/trade. For example if you had the name Cooper you worked making barrels, if your name was Smith you were a blacksmith or worked with metal. The spellings were often down to the literacy of the local priest so spelling would change parish to parish.
Before 1066 little is know of the English life
After the Romans departed in the 5thC little information is know, we had become farmers and owned our own land. We were at relative peice appart from skirmishes with the Danes but that changed in 1066 when the French took over. We became slaves and were at the mercy of overlords and that remained the case for most of the next 700 years.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
siro_angel
Mass Poster

Post by siro_angel »

I actually find the Rhoads motto "Strength With God" to be accurate about Randy, as Randy was a christian and even spoke about his faith to his closest friends and of course family.

Simon
"A man who aimed to bring his dreams to reality is not a fool, but the man who won't is."
Dan
Cool Member

Post by Dan »

frank wrote:that's all i know matt. i wasn't expecting the spanish inquisition.
No one expects that.
Baking the cookies of discontent by the heat of the laundromat vent...