i have often sat and thought.

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

siro_angel
Mass Poster

i have often sat and thought.

Post by siro_angel »

Did Randy, have any traces of autism? I know its a long shot and a stupid thing to wonder, but i often wondered did he have it? What you think? Don't forget autism comes in different ranges.

Sorry if i offend people, it was not intended to do so, if it does, delete this post.

Simon
"A man who aimed to bring his dreams to reality is not a fool, but the man who won't is."
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

interesting... realisticaly he could have had many things, after all medical science has taken its time getting to grips with certain things. Look at Ozzy, he had ADD and dyslexia but it was never diagnosed when he was a kid.

i dont know much about autism, so i'll shut up now, but im interested to hear what more inteligent people have to say...
siro_angel
Mass Poster

Post by siro_angel »

Youre quite inteligent dude, don't knock it. :D

lol well i have autism and dyspraxia, but i was diagnosed autistic at 15, and diagnosed dyspraxic at 3.

Simon
"A man who aimed to bring his dreams to reality is not a fool, but the man who won't is."
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

I never thought Randy had any sort of mental issue like that.
Ozzy on the other hand...I'm sure he's got some sort of weird autistic like thing. I know he's bipolar.
Randy Magic
Friend of Randy

Post by Randy Magic »

Did Randy, have any traces of autism? I
Simon - I am actually a Psychiatric Social Worker specializing in acute mental illness for almost 20 years now.

Randy had no mental issues that I can recall. He was loony, and had a great sense of humor, but definitely not autistic or mentally ill in any way. Hope that answers your question.

Now, Ozzy on the other hand... :shock:

Regards,
Gary
siro_angel
Mass Poster

Post by siro_angel »

Randy Magic wrote:
Did Randy, have any traces of autism? I
Simon - I am actually a Psychiatric Social Worker specializing in acute mental illness for almost 20 years now.

Randy had no mental issues that I can recall. He was loony, and had a great sense of humor, but definitely not autistic or mentally ill in any way. Hope that answers your question.

Now, Ozzy on the other hand... :shock:

Regards,
Gary
Thanks Gary. Im sorry if i touched a few nerves asking, but i feel more comfortable asking here than i did asking on RR.tk (i never asked there and never been on there for a looooooong time) which is why i asked here.

I was just curious... thats all :)

Hope i didnt offend.

Simon
Mike541x
Cool Member

Post by Mike541x »

Well I've never heard of anyhthing about Randy being autistic. Never looked like a looney to me. I always thought Randy was a bright guy.
About Ozzy........Eh, enough said.
Randy Magic
Friend of Randy

Post by Randy Magic »

Never looked like a looney to me
Randy often did "loony" things to make people laugh, or otherwise mess around. That's all I meant. His sense of humor was priceless.

Gary
frank
Student & Friend of Randy

Post by frank »

that said, randy wasn't the most healthy specimen by any means. he was prone to colds and such. on our second lesson, he told me that on our first lesson he had walking pneumonia and didn't know it!
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Mike541x wrote:Well I've never heard of anyhthing about Randy being autistic. Never looked like a looney to me. I always thought Randy was a bright guy.
Being bright and being loony, or having some mental illness are different. Just because someone has a mental illness doesn't mean they're not brilliant.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

After reading a book about Edgar Cayce, I found his view of reincarnation would fit Randy pretty well.

The concept is that there are certain lessons a soul must learn before entering Heaven. When a person dies, according to this theory, if the soul still has lessons to learn, it is born into a new body at some point (not immediately). All the experiences of the past life are forgotten on a conscious level, but the talents and lessons learned are not forgotten. Those who are "child prodigies", Cayce would attribute to that child's soul having been a musician in a previous life.

As I read about that concept, I could stop remembering that Randy was called an "old soul" on many occasions...

Just a point to ponder.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

So that's why our world is such a mess. The screw ups keep coming back. :shock:
Dan
Cool Member

Post by Dan »

Paul Wolfe wrote:After reading a book about Edgar Cayce, I found his view of reincarnation would fit Randy pretty well.

The concept is that there are certain lessons a soul must learn before entering Heaven. When a person dies, according to this theory, if the soul still has lessons to learn, it is born into a new body at some point (not immediately). All the experiences of the past life are forgotten on a conscious level, but the talents and lessons learned are not forgotten. Those who are "child prodigies", Cayce would attribute to that child's soul having been a musician in a previous life.

As I read about that concept, I could stop remembering that Randy was called an "old soul" on many occasions...

Just a point to ponder.
See the Albert Brooks movie "Defending Your Life". It follows this exact premise. Incredibly funny movie with Brooks and Meryl Streep. I find that idea very depressing but it makes for a great movie plot.
Baking the cookies of discontent by the heat of the laundromat vent...
frank
Student & Friend of Randy

Post by frank »

once around is enough for me i think.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

siro_angel wrote:Youre quite inteligent dude, don't knock it. :D
only quite intelligent... :x :lol: