top randy solo

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

The Mighty Quinn

top randy solo

Post by The Mighty Quinn »

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/gen ... _poll.html
recent poll put crazy train as 8th best solo of all time
what is the best randy solo in your opinion?
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Revelation (Mother Earth) and Mr. Crowley
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

well i know that many are fans of SATO, DOAM, and others. but crazy train kinda does it for me :)
SixPounder
Cool Member

Post by SixPounder »

Spotlight Solo, Mr. Crowley, Crazy Train
Rob200
Cool Member

Post by Rob200 »

Spotlight S.S. solo, S.A.T.O, Over the Mountian
The Art Of Shredding

Top Randy solo

Post by The Art Of Shredding »

i love all randy's guitar solos but my favourite is probly Revelation(Mother earth) that's a sick solo and Mr Crowley, Crazy Train, I Don't Know..
Last edited by The Art Of Shredding on Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tommy
Cool Member

Post by Tommy »

Mr. Crowley, Flying High Again, and Goodbye To Romance :)
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

I really can't answer that I love Em all.
Jake_E_Lee
Cool Member

Post by Jake_E_Lee »

I think Randy's guitar solos were so wide in variety, you could never hold him down on what he would try. So some of his solos became really unorthadox but people loved them because of it. I think Crazy Train is wonderful and the spotlight solo. I think those two are just immense.
Then you have Mr Crowley in my eyes ;)
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I haven't listened to Diary in ages, was it Little Dolls or Tonight that has the "scratch" solo? The one he blew out just to complete the song and intended to replace later?

Randy composed his solos, so it is refreshing to hear one just off the top of his head. I'd love to hear the outtakes and hear his musical process from initial idea to completed solo...
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

RockyRhoads wrote:I haven't listened to Diary in ages, was it Little Dolls or Tonight that has the "scratch" solo? The one he blew out just to complete the song and intended to replace later?

Randy composed his solos, so it is refreshing to hear one just off the top of his head. I'd love to hear the outtakes and hear his musical process from initial idea to completed solo...
It was little Dolls.It was said he felt to rushed for most that album.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Little Dolls./.. thank you...

I think it's great that he was just blowing out notes to fill the sapce, yet it sounds good. Sometimes I think it would have been cool to hear Randy be more spontaneous and just let loose... but I suppose his personality was more of the structured perfectionist type.

I guess that's why I like both Randy and Eddie so much. Randy was a structured perfectionist who was amazing and Ed just wings it and is amazing.. I try to play both ways and am... shall we say... not quite amazing :roll:
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I love the solo's from 'Mr Crowley' but I think that the outro from 'Tonight' is full of emotion, I just have to hear it and it makes me want to cry.
Ask Big P to talk about the outro to 'Tonight' he says it better than I can!
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
SixPounder
Cool Member

Post by SixPounder »

Eruption at #2? :?

You've gotta be shittin' me
Randy_is_theman!

Post by Randy_is_theman! »

Man I've seen a few lists with Comfortably Numb #1. I have respect for David Gilmour, but #1!! My personal favorite solo by Randy is Mr. Crowley, it fits so perfectly in the song. The riffs that he plays in the solos in that song are awesome.