top randy solo

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Randy Magic
Friend of Randy

Post by Randy Magic »

I like "Laughing Gas," but I am biased towards Randy's earlier stuff with Riot.
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

Mr Crowley, first and second. At the end of the first when Randy goes down with the Wang bar to me sounds like a monster snarling or going to sleep or something, it's really cool.

The second solo of Mr Crowley is the greatest solo of all time, I prefur it off of tribute though since as then you get to hear it all. The spotlight solo is another of my favourates.
blackcat

Post by blackcat »

mr crowley, the one that pointed me towards rhoads in the first place, but, i love each and every one. one stand out to me is suicide solution, and no, not that cadenza 'eruption" part he does in live shows, im talking, umm.. like the one in the afterhours, its so cool, psychedelic...
dont mess with the black cat
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Randy Magic wrote:I like "Laughing Gas," but I am biased towards Randy's earlier stuff with Riot.
I really like the LG solo during the QR reunion when he just came back from England after recording Blizzard. Incredible sound there!
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
sumdood2

Post by sumdood2 »

hey all im new to this forum, id have to say one of my favorite randy solo's of all time is the spotlight solo that he played from the kalamazoo MI show. Not only did he let loose on the solo, but he picked the perfect times to kick on whatever guitar effects he was using to give a full stereo punch. Its sick to crank up on the speakers.
fernandomartinez

Post by fernandomartinez »

fernando loves all of randys solos but the 1 that stuck out the most fore fernando was mr crowley :P
Xanadu
Cool Member

Post by Xanadu »

I always get such a kick out of these various polls over the years.....it's all such apples and oranges...all in the eyes of the beholder. Sometimes though, you just want to scream...... :roll: :P :twisted: :lol: :wink: :!: Mind you, I am referring to the guitar solo poll in which RR placed 8th with "Crazy Train". Actually....I'm glad he was even mentioned. As I said, I've seen a few of these cornball polls over the years where he wasn't mentioned......AT ALL!!! WE know "what's what".....and that's all that matters. :wink:
".....the moment Randy Rhoads walked out on stage, you knew you were WITNESSING something IMPORTANT."
funk49

Post by funk49 »

I love them all but the Montreal 7/28/81 Revelation solo leading into Steal Away and the spotlight solo on the 1/15/82 Diary show just blow me away. I just wish the 1/15/82 show sounded better.
FUNK49
~~Hollow~~

Post by ~~Hollow~~ »

The 'children of the grave' solo from the tribute album :D
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

funk49 wrote:I love them all but the Montreal 7/28/81 Revelation solo leading into Steal Away and the spotlight solo on the 1/15/82 Diary show just blow me away. I just wish the 1/15/82 show sounded better.
My version of that show is very good and one of the better boots around does your copy have 'I don't know' and 'no bone movies'?
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
funk49

Post by funk49 »

No it doesn't I wish it did. I'm always looking for upgrades.
FUNK49
Wild Child

General

Post by Wild Child »

If I have to choose one so it is solo from Crazy Train because of technic and super vibration
If you try to manufacture what a perfect rock star should be- Randy Rhoads..
AlienSatch

Post by AlienSatch »

This took me a few days to figure this out..

And a tough question it is.... :shock:

Too many amazing solos to pick just one of Randy's...
S.A.T.O. OTM, Crowley, Crazy Train, Believer, I Don't Know, jeez where do you even start ? ... ! :shock:

I think You Can't Kill Rock And Roll takes the cake.

That is a no-nonsense solo from the start. And this may be one of the least played out songs between the 2 records. Still love it,, inspiration...

:D
Randy Rhoads Rules.
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

:wink: All Randy´s solos are my favourites, I might make up my mind if I´d hear uncut versions of DOAM solos...well, the ones before they were edited. Let´s say Revelation, at the moment!
Mikel
kh1029

Post by kh1029 »

they all rock, but imo the outro to tonite is the best, he just lets loose. to bad we'll never hear the full unfaded version