Frenso - 2 January 1982 Footage

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Stewie
Mass Poster

Post by Stewie »

Mike541x wrote:Pro footage or not, if there is new decent Randy footage, I'm just fine with that.
Same opinion.
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

:o It´s still possible that´s there´s video stuff lying around somewhere, most likely audience video if anything, people do forget stuff...especially when someone moves and packs things up; also valuable things unfortunately get lost forever, thrown to the litter etc...
Mikel
Zakk Daniels
Mass Poster

Post by Zakk Daniels »

ammalato wrote:
To have been old enough to have seen Quiet Riot with Kelly, that person would have to be in his late 40's at a minimum by now. I'd hope that by the late 40's grammer would be better.
Not to be picky or stir trouble, but in a statement like that, use spell check. "Grammer" might be important but spelling (i.e, the correct spelling is "Grammar") is a close second.
LOL, good point.
Work Sucks!! Thats why I am on here reading posts!!
Randy Perry

Post by Randy Perry »

I remember a discussion about this same thing years ago... we figured that they were probably just shooting stuff for use in closed circuit systems. I remember hearing the exact same thing about the 1981 Passaic, New Jersey show and a similar story about Houston, Texas in 1982.
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

Re: Frenso - 2 January 1982 Footage

Post by LongRhoadsAhead »

I do not even know how I found this but has anything come of this (I doubt) ?
If we knew the name of the news stations we might could get an answer from them?
I went ahead and rode the white horse
Astral Plane

Post by Astral Plane »

I take it this guy might have footage.. hasn't put up any teasers (like he did with tons of other bands) but has pic of the stub from this show on his profile. Says Jan 3, not 2

Someone already asked him about Ozzy/Randy footage it in the Comments section of a different vid he had up... no reply from him. He used to have some great film of all different bands.. long clips (watermarked)

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgdiUaK7K8gs0thskT3MBYw
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

poofters
Last edited by TAB on Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Donnie
Cool Member

Post by Donnie »

I think there might be a really good possibility this show was videotaped.
1756 Mozart~1956 Rhoads~2156 ??????
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

poofters
Last edited by TAB on Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nick Hughes
Cool Member

Post by Nick Hughes »

I tried to send him a message via YouTube but It keeps saying that the person needs to add me as a friend to send messages
Donnie
Cool Member

Post by Donnie »

TAB wrote:Was there actually a Jan 2nd 82 show? I thought this was what they played?

December 30th - Cow Palace, San Francisco, CA - w/ Starfighters
December 31st - Sports Arena, Los Angeles, CA - w/ no opening act
January 1st - Veterans Memorial Coliseum, Phoenix, AZ
January 4th - Sports Arena, San Diego, CA
January 6th - Community Center Arena, Tuscon, AZ - w/ Starfighters
January 7th - Tingley Coliseum, Albuquerque, NM
January 9th - Salt Palace, Salt Lake City, UT

I think the guy could have filmed some show of Ozzy. there's a lot of interesting bands he filmed a lot of the bands on the DOTG bill ironically. Looks like he was filming in the late 70's for what he at least was showing. I would think he would have got a blizzard show.
Jan. 3rd 1982 Fresno Ca, his youtube video shows his ticket stub for the correct date at the fresno show.
1756 Mozart~1956 Rhoads~2156 ??????
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Donnie wrote:
TAB wrote:Was there actually a Jan 2nd 82 show? I thought this was what they played?

December 30th - Cow Palace, San Francisco, CA - w/ Starfighters
December 31st - Sports Arena, Los Angeles, CA - w/ no opening act
January 1st - Veterans Memorial Coliseum, Phoenix, AZ
January 4th - Sports Arena, San Diego, CA
January 6th - Community Center Arena, Tuscon, AZ - w/ Starfighters
January 7th - Tingley Coliseum, Albuquerque, NM
January 9th - Salt Palace, Salt Lake City, UT

I think the guy could have filmed some show of Ozzy. there's a lot of interesting bands he filmed a lot of the bands on the DOTG bill ironically. Looks like he was filming in the late 70's for what he at least was showing. I would think he would have got a blizzard show.
Jan. 3rd 1982 Fresno Ca, his youtube video shows his ticket stub for the correct date at the fresno show.
Looks like there is audio from that Fresno show?
http://concertsgalore.net/file/ozzy-osb ... 267230.php
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

poofters
Last edited by TAB on Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Astral Plane

Post by Astral Plane »

I have a good feeling about this one, it's unfortunate that he took down the clips that he had uploaded a few months back. If any of you are familiar with the Van Halen Fresno 79 footage, he is the one that filmed it.
He posted a ton of that show, nice and clear clean quality compared to whats on youtube from other peoples uploads of it. Was a big big deal for VH fans to see it myself included.
He had killer footage of Def Leppard from 1980, Blue Oyster Cult, Skynyrd, a band called Angel, The Tubes, Nugent, ACDC, and many more.

Like I said before, someone asked him in the comments section of one of his old uploads about Ozzy Randy footage he gave no response. He filmed probably at least 20 different bands at that venue, must of had a connection because they were usually filmed from the same part of the arena.

If he did film 1/3/82 there, it will probably be the best quality, and most complete Randy w Ozzy footage that we might ever see.. if it exists, and gets posted, or sold to the O's. I would think that ticket stub on his profile is his answer, because he was probably getting asked by many different fans about it.
rhoads56
Cool Member

Post by rhoads56 »

here are the dates that I have: Jan 3 did happen, but not jan 2.

###December 30th - Cow Palace, San Francisco, CA - w/ Starfighters Ticket obtained
###December 31st - Sports Arena, Los Angeles, CA - w/ no opening act 3 x Ticket obtained CDR bootleg “Live Mr Madman”
January 1st - Veterans Memorial Coliseum, Phoenix, AZ Ticket obtained
January 3, 1982 - Selland Arena, Fresno, CA (purple ticket – Gen Adm) added this date <<<< Ticket obtained
January 4th - Sports Arena, San Diego, CA Ticket obtained x 2
January 6th - Community Center Arena, Tuscon, AZ - w/ Starfighters Ticket obtained x 2