Frenso - 2 January 1982 Footage

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

TAB
Madman

Re: Frenso - 2 January 1982 Footage

Post by TAB »

poofters
Last edited by TAB on Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Donnie
Cool Member

Post by Donnie »

I dont think its odd he would use that stub as his avatar, i think it means he's smart and he knows these copyright laws in USA can be a potential problem. I cant get that link to download the show...Seems like a scam to infect your pc with malware.
1756 Mozart~1956 Rhoads~2156 ??????
Jazznroll
Madman

Post by Jazznroll »

Did anyone notice this on his channel ?

DOCUMENT OF MY COLLECTION OF FRESNO CONCERT FILMS FROM THE 70'S FUJI SINGLE-8 FILMS 1977-1980
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

Seriously not holding my breath on this one. If something comes of it, great. If not I wont be hurt. I mean, in 7 years no new developments.
Last edited by dannyahansen on Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

Not holding my breath either.
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

Sent this fella an email yesterday, on the outside chance that he would respond. He didn't.

Can't say I'm surprised, as he's probably had a bunch of people ask about Ozzy/Randy film, but it sure would be great to know if he had footage. Hopefully one day, if he does indeed have footage, he will come forward. I understand he may be concerned about repercussions, though. I wonder if he would offer up some footage if a financial offer was made? I would certainly chip in for footage! It's hard to tell with some collectors; sometimes it's not about the money, but the fact that they have something someone else does not, and it affords them a bit of prestige.

Either way, the guy looks to have some cool non-Ozzy/Randy footage, and should be proud of his collection. Here's hoping he one day lets us know if he has footage! :)
tihsyloh

Post by tihsyloh »

Looks like this single-8 guy started a thread over at VH trading. He seems willing to answer a few questions about his VH footage.
"But they're not blind, Its just that they won't see."[color=#0040FF][/color]
tone1963

Post by tone1963 »

I am a long time member over at VHT. I just asked the question about his avatar on his YT channel.
We'll see if he respond. Here is the thread http://www.vhtrading.com/topic/vanhalen ... post-36653
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Yeah reading the info he has posted on the VH forum he has said his filming gigs stopped in May 1980 so Ozzy was not even on tour by this time.
tone1963

Post by tone1963 »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Yeah reading the info he has posted on the VH forum he has said his filming gigs stopped in May 1980 so Ozzy was not even on tour by this time.
Yeah, I also saw the bit where he mentioned that he stopped filming in May 1980. I thought the sudden change of his YT avatar might lead into something... but most likely not, just being hopeful I guess.
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

poofters
tihsyloh

Post by tihsyloh »

TAB wrote:but then he says very few bands either got filmed or audio taped?
all of the films were shot between february 13th 1977 to may 30th 1980…very few bands didn’t get filmed or at least audio taped that played fresno from november 1976 until november 2011
[/quote

Yeah, I thought that was an interesting part of his story. If the 1982 show was not filmed, it sounds promising that there could at least be audio from it. If we get to see/hear any of it, that would be cool. If not, than I respect his choice on that too. It won't keep me awake at night. Having said that, I get the impression he had a falling out with some of the old crew, whatever, thats their business. But I hope this whole thing ain't some kind of revenge plot to get back at them, while dangling the so called carrot in front of us. By that I mean some of the video clips he allready put on youtube. It's also possible someone else in the crew possibly filmed the Ozzy/Randy stuff. He may not have any control of that stuff but he might know it exists. This is all speculation on my part. It's just my 2 cents on the subject. i think it's time for another beer. lol
"But they're not blind, Its just that they won't see."[color=#0040FF][/color]
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

poofters
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

This guys sounds like quite an interesting fellow! I read through that thread at VHT that you guys linked - a short but fun read.

That being said, I don't believe that he doesn't have Ozzy/Randy footage. :)

For whatever reason, he's not wanting to be forthcoming about it. He's willing to discuss other shows, but refuses to answer about that one? Sounds a bit odd, don't you think? My take on this is that he either has footage, knows someone who does, or is aware of it through trades, etc.

I sincerely hope he chooses to share his footage, not just of Ozzy/Randy if he has any, but of the other acts as well. I don't say this selfishly, though it would be great to have copies of this stuff, but because he literally has pieces of rock history in his hands, and it would be sad if the film just deteriorated away, or was forgotten about and eventually thrown out. Through sharing it, he's kind of keeping his own work and the performances he's captured alive as well.

I would ABSOLUTELY pay good money for footage as well, not just Ozzy/Randy footage, but of the other bands, as I've mentioned before.

All this being said, it's entirely up to this guy if he shares the footage or not. It's his to share, bottom line, and it would not be cool if people were all, "gimme this, gimme that. That's uncool to the highest degree. It's completely up to this guy.....but I hope for the reasons I've mentioned above, that he shares the footage.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

I think the problem is that people that have Randy footage want big dollars for it...Which i agree they should get. But it seems that any mention of money to the Osbournes for Randy footage is taken as an insult. I think Sharon is very protective of Randy's legacy and does not want people making money off of his name. And the fact that the shows were taped illegally also without the band's permission so that is the other angle.

I think the other huge part of this is that Ozzy probably never get's word of anything being offered as far as footage. It probably goes straight from Sharon's lawyers to Sharon, then she says fuck off or the lawyers have a standard response already without even contacting Sharon regarding footage/$$. I think Ozzy would say screw it and pay whatever someone wanted. But then again, they probably have hundreds of hours of home videos with Randy off stage in normal life which is good enough for them. They toured with the guy for two years...they don't need or want to see footage like we do since they lived it.

I am curious to know whether or not that college kid that shot the palladium footage got anything or did he just donate it...I can see Sharon giving 5k for something of that type, but anything more wanted they just take as an insult.

We know one show was definitely pro shot because Randy says so in the post card he sent back to the US. All efforts should be put forth into finding info out on that.