Did any of you see Randy play live?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Sarab wrote:no, unfortunately, I was not able to see him.
Ozzy was supposed to play in Baton Rouge, but the concert was cancelled.
Mom and dad told me that there was no way in hell I was going to see "some devil worshipper" while I lived in their house.
Ticked off, of course, but I had no other choice...I was only 13...*sigh*
That's bad. You must have been gutted. I was only 15 when I saw Blizzard of Ozz and although my Mam and Dad didn't think much of Ozzy's music they never stopped me going, to which I am eternally gratefull 'cos at the time there was a few lads who I knew who was'nt allowed to go. Ridiculous really. It's turned full circle now, I'm the parent now and my teenage daughter wants to go to some of these rap concerts, I personally think it's the biggest pile of shit I've ever heard but I'd never stop her going, but I don't think she'll still be into the same sort of music when she's 41 like I am, but you never know, my Mam and Dad said the same about me, Ha, Ha, how wrong they were.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I was offered a chance to see Randy in December 1981 on the opening leg of the 'Diary' tour in Britain.
A friend offered me a spare ticket, Ozzy had already canceled a show in Leicester and my freind had a spare ticket for the re-schedueled show, I was going to go but that show was canceled as well!!! I missed my chance of seeing Randy. I remember everyone was raving about how cool this skinny guitarist was, all my mates had seen him at the Portvale show in August the same year.

T
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

Fozzy41 wrote:
Sarab wrote:no, unfortunately, I was not able to see him.
Ozzy was supposed to play in Baton Rouge, but the concert was cancelled.
Mom and dad told me that there was no way in hell I was going to see "some devil worshipper" while I lived in their house.
Ticked off, of course, but I had no other choice...I was only 13...*sigh*
That's bad. You must have been gutted. I was only 15 when I saw Blizzard of Ozz and although my Mam and Dad didn't think much of Ozzy's music they never stopped me going, to which I am eternally gratefull 'cos at the time there was a few lads who I knew who was'nt allowed to go. Ridiculous really. It's turned full circle now, I'm the parent now and my teenage daughter wants to go to some of these rap concerts, I personally think it's the biggest pile of shit I've ever heard but I'd never stop her going, but I don't think she'll still be into the same sort of music when she's 41 like I am, but you never know, my Mam and Dad said the same about me, Ha, Ha, how wrong they were.
Yeah, I was. Ozzy played here in New Orleans, August 8 after Randy died, and that's when he had shaved his head. I was on my way to go with my sister, but she opened her big mouth, and I was grounded. But, I finally did see Ozzy for the Bark at the Moon tour, but it was not the same. You can imagine only so much...
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Too bad, my sister allways used to get me into trouble also. That would have been a rare show to attend with Ozzy with a totally bald head. I've seen a few photo's from August '82 just after Ozzy had shaved his head completely. There's one where it looks like his head has been hit with something and its bleeding badly, or it could be just fake blood. He toured the U.K. in December '82 and he had short cropped hair by then as it was growing back. I'm glad I got to see him while Brad Gillis was still in the band.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Fozzy41 wrote: There's one where it looks like his head has been hit with something and its bleeding badly, or it could be just fake blood.
Hi Fozzy,
I've seen the photo you are on about its been taking from the side of the stage looking across to centre stage and you can see the blood running down the back of Ozzy's head.I think it was in Kerrang,it mentioned that Ozzy stopped the show because the missiles got that out of hand.He said "Anymore shit lands on this fucking stage we are gone" i think it was an open air gig.
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Yeah thats right Shaun, it did appear in Kerrang shortly after it was taken I believe. But the wierd thing is that I've looked through Ozzy's touring dates on various websites and I can't find any dates that Ozzy did in August 1982. I know he shaved his head in late July '82 so this photo must have been taken in August, and as Sarab mentions Ozzy played New Orleans on August 8th so it could be this gig but I can't find any record of it. Anyone any ideas?
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Sarab wrote: Ozzy played here in New Orleans, August 8 after Randy died, and that's when he had shaved his head. I was on my way to go with my sister, but she opened her big mouth, and I was grounded....
Thats a real shame Ozzy was great with Brad BUT on a brighter note I have that very New Orleans show in my collection! I don't want to rub it in but it was a good show :?
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

Trigger wrote:
Thats a real shame Ozzy was great with Brad BUT on a brighter note I have that very New Orleans show in my collection! I don't want to rub it in but it was a good show :?
Glad to hear that! :)
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Sarab wrote:
Trigger wrote:
We need to put up another Brad/Ozzy show soon so perhaps we can put the NO show so you can get a listen to it Sarab.
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

Trigger wrote:
Sarab wrote:
Trigger wrote:
We need to put up another Brad/Ozzy show soon so perhaps we can put the NO show so you can get a listen to it Sarab.
Oh, that would be great!
I can re-live my teenage years! :D
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Fozzy41 wrote:Yeah thats right Shaun, it did appear in Kerrang shortly after it was taken I believe. But the wierd thing is that I've looked through Ozzy's touring dates on various websites and I can't find any dates that Ozzy did in August 1982. I know he shaved his head in late July '82 so this photo must have been taken in August, and as Sarab mentions Ozzy played New Orleans on August 8th so it could be this gig but I can't find any record of it. Anyone any ideas?
Fozzy i found the Kerrang with the photo of Ozzy in with his cut head.It must be a stock photo as its in a magazine from 1987 the issue number is No 146 May 14-27 it features an interview with Ozzy, Tribute to RR on a double page and it also mentions Jake E Lee leaving Ozzy's band.
Last edited by GUITARIDOL5682 on Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:quote]
Fozzy i found the Kerrang with the photo of Ozzy in with his cut head.It must be a stock photo as its in a magazine from 1988 the issue number is No 146 May 14-27 it features an interview with Ozzy, Tribute to RR on a double page and it also mentions Jake E Lee leaving Ozzy's band.
Cheers Shaun, yeah it must have been on file and printed later. Thanks for the detective work, I presume there was no date as to when it was taken,.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Fozzy i was looking through the Speak of the Devil tour programme from the 1982 UK tour.I noticed another photo of Ozzy from the same gig.This must of been taking after the one in Kerrang as he has taking his top off, but he is still bleeding.So when was this photo taking ? and at which gig.This is an outside stadium as you can see trees and bushes to the side of the stage. From what i can remember the gig he done at the Newcastle city Hall 18 December 1982 Ozzy had no hair he was completely head shaving.But the photos i sent you from the Wembley Arena gig show Ozzy with hair ?? So from what i can think he must of shaved his head on more then one occasion.When you seen him at Leeds did he have hair ?? God the things you talk about...Have you had any joy with getting any of the dates before the UK dates ??
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Fozzy i was looking through the Speak of the Devil tour programme from the 1982 UK tour.I noticed another photo of Ozzy from the same gig.This must of been taking after the one in Kerrang as he has taking his top off, but he is still bleeding.So when was this photo taking ? and at which gig.This is an outside stadium as you can see trees and bushes to the side of the stage. From what i can remember the gig he done at the Newcastle city Hall 18 December 1982 Ozzy had no hair he was completely head shaving.But the photos i sent you from the Wembley Arena gig show Ozzy with hair ?? So from what i can think he must of shaved his head on more then one occasion.When you seen him at Leeds did he have hair ?? God the things you talk about...Have you had any joy with getting any of the dates before the UK dates ??
Rudy has a picture in his book about Ozzy wearing a wig for a New Orleans outdorr festival. I think he kept it clean-shaven for a little while, then let it grow back. That's when he had the black hair that made him look very, umm how shall i say it...oh the hell with it, made him look VERY gay....
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

[quote="GUITARIDOL5682"]Fozzy i was looking through the Speak of the Devil tour programme from the 1982 UK tour.When you seen him at Leeds did he have hair ?? quote]

Do either of you GI/Fozzy have this show on tape? :)

T