Did any of you see Randy play live?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Trigger wrote:
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Fozzy i was looking through the Speak of the Devil tour programme from the 1982 UK tour.When you seen him at Leeds did he have hair ?? quote]
Do either of you GI/Fozzy have this show on tape? :) T
Ian the only show i've got is from the Newcastle City Hall my mate did his own recording.I'll get it to you one day don't worry.Whats the quality of your copy like ?? Mines good to fair...
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

My Newcastle is great but I only got it back from skezza on friday, perhaps Joe can forward you a copy as a file. That Leeds show you mentioned is a show I have been hunting for 20 years and I know its out there because I know the bloke who recorded it. He said he would never trade it but I think 20 years might have softened him, also more than one person might have recorded it. In the past few years I have managed to get different recordings of the same show so the Leeds and the Liverpool shows with Brad Gillis might one day arrive in my collection (I can dream). :D

Ian
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
From what i can remember the gig he done at the Newcastle city Hall 18 December 1982 Ozzy had no hair he was completely head shaving.But the photos i sent you from the Wembley Arena gig show Ozzy with hair ?? So from what i can think he must of shaved his head on more then one occasion.When you seen him at Leeds did he have hair ?? God the things you talk about...Have you had any joy with getting any of the dates before the UK dates ??
Are you sure he was completely bald Shaun, he looked the same when I saw him as he did in the Wembley photos, very short cropped black hair. He may have shaved it again midway through the British Tour but its the first I 've heard about it. I 've seen some photos from mid January '83 in Denmark and Ozzy's hair is similar to when I saw him just a little more of it, I don't think it could have grown that much in a month if it was completely bald, but I could be wrong. Check out Jorgen Angels website at http://www.angel.dk for the Jan 16th photos of Ozzy and Jake E Lee in Dnemark.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Fozzy41 wrote:
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote: Are you sure he was completely bald Shaun, he looked the same when I saw him as he did in the Wembley photos, very short cropped black hair. He may have shaved it again midway through the British Tour but its the first I 've heard about it. I 've seen some photos from mid January '83 in Denmark and Ozzy's hair is similar to when I saw him just a little more of it, I don't think it could have grown that much in a month if it was completely bald, but I could be wrong. Check out Jorgen Angels website at http://www.angel.dk for the Jan 16th photos of Ozzy and Jake E Lee in Denmark.
Yeah i'm sure that his hair was down to the bone/wood.I think i've mentioned it before because i thought Ozzy looked that ridiculose with no hair i wouldn't take any photos of him.Why don't you ask Mr Ross Halfin if he took that photo of Ozzy in the Kerrang he'll be able to tell you when! hopefully.He took nearly all the photos in the programme and it was only Neil Preston who took the other photos credit in this book..Yeah i've seen those Jorgen Angel photos before a few of them are in the Ozzy Rockdetector book
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

The tour dates for the shows you are talking about are as follows

St Austal 10th Dec 82
Birmingham 12th Dec 82
London 14th Dec 82
Leeds 16th Dec 82
Newcastle 18th Dec 82
Glasgow 19th Dec 82
Liverpool 20th Dec 82 (Brads last performance)
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
SunKing

Post by SunKing »

I had the great honor of seeing Randy at the Feb 17, 1982 show in Houston, Tx. I was a Junior in High School - so it was a big deal for my parents to let me go to this show (it was a school night afterall). I had already almost worn out my King Bisquit Ozzy casette tape - so I was REALLY excited to see Randy in person. A good friend and I were on the floor - maybe 10 rows from the front right on front of Randy. I remember being amazed by his sound and speed - I LOVED IT! ...25 years ago - yet I can still remember it well. ...and just over a month after going to that show I heard the sad news on the radio...
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Fozzy41 wrote: I've seen a few photo's from August '82 just after Ozzy had shaved his head completely. There's one where it looks like his head has been hit with something and its bleeding badly, or it could be just fake blood. He toured the U.K. in December '82 and he had short cropped hair by then as it was growing back. I'm glad I got to see him while Brad Gillis was still in the band.
Fozzy this is the photo in question ..Just for you mate..
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Cheers for that mate, much apreciated
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I've just found out that this photo is from the New Orleans gig.
reddawg

Post by reddawg »

i remember ozzy had very short hair at leeds 82 , i was lucky to see randy at port vale in 81
crazy but thats how it goes
reddawg

Post by reddawg »

heres a pic from leeds
Attachments
Ozzy,%20Leeds%20Queens%20Hall_%20December%201982.jpg
img027.jpg
crazy but thats how it goes
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: Did any of you see Randy play live?

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Someone had posted up a thread about Who Seen RR In concert...well to save repeating myself these are some of the contributions enjoy ;-)
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Re:

Post by randy will never die »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Image
I've just found out that this photo is from the New Orleans gig.

OMG this is the first time I have seen ozz with no hair

Well not the first time there is a interview on YouTube with ozzy and he has no hair but this is the first time I have seen ozz with no hair in concert
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Another thread you have not seen, keep digging i'm sure if i can find them so can you.
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Post by randy will never die »

Here's the interview he has some hair

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kyJT-bi0lms