White Line Fever: Lemmy

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

whoopiecat
Mass Poster

White Line Fever: Lemmy

Post by whoopiecat »

Last edited by whoopiecat on Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
Stevie

Post by Stevie »

Geeez, Id like to see that justified?? Thats surprising, Ive only heard him praise Randy in his interviews. Strange.
"Five years ahead? I would love to have people know me as a guitar hero. Someday maybe put out a solo album where I can dig into a lot of instrumentals." ~~ RR ~~
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Am I the only person that doesn't like Motorhead? It seems like everyone and their mom loves this band...
I personally can't stand them.
But you know, Lemmy is welcome to his own opinion.
NoQuattro
Cool Member

Post by NoQuattro »

Nah, Motorhead isn't my cup of tea, either. This quote is surprising. Randy won the Best New Talent Award from Guitar Player magazine, so I'd say that he wasn't ignored at all. While Lemmy is entitled to his opinion, it doesn't really amount to much. I love Randy's work and felt him to be a very original breath of fresh air to guitar playing. I'll always respect his work and look at him as an innovator.
"Everyone says theres nothing new that can be done with a guitar, but when people like Randy come along, they realize they're wrong." -- Angus Young, AC/DC
Stevie

Post by Stevie »

Yes they are true legends, totally love them. Even more in my later years when you see all the passing fads and dross that has crumbled around them. Great great stuff. What he thinks about Randy I really dont care, I know how valuable RR was to the progression of metal and thats all that matters.
"Five years ahead? I would love to have people know me as a guitar hero. Someday maybe put out a solo album where I can dig into a lot of instrumentals." ~~ RR ~~
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I am sure that if Randy was around at the time Lemmy needed a guitarist for Motorhead. Lemmy would have snapped him up and be claiming the glory of discovering him! :)
I hope Lemmy's remarks were mis-reported because most of the time he has been very pleasent about Randy.

Ian
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Last edited by whoopiecat on Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

What too much whiskey can do with people! :lol:

But maybe he didn't choose his words that carefully at that time, who knows? It suprise me a bit. No matter, it's just his opinion nothing more and nothing less. :wink:
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:What too much whiskey can do with people! :lol:

But maybe he didn't choose his words that carefully at that time, who knows? It suprise me a bit. No matter, it's just his opinion nothing more and nothing less. :wink:
It doesn't mean it was true, we all know how vital Randy was to modern music. I never heard anything cutting edge come out of Motorhead's guitarist Fast Eddie Clark.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
RhoadsFan

Post by RhoadsFan »

Skully your not the only one, I dont really like motorhead at all (especially now). I hate to be the one coming off as a jerk, but man what the hell is Lemmy talking about! Im pretty sure that people were well aware before and after Rhoads's untimley death that he was truly a musical genius. Afterall he was only 25 when he died. Lemmy should realize Randy's importance to the metal genre and also realize that Randy would have done many more amazing things on earth if he could have.
ken01fan
Cool Member

Post by ken01fan »

Its hard to believe he would say something like that, afterall Fast Eddie Clark said himself that he used to watch Ozzys show from the side stage and was always blown away by Randy.
Randy Rhoads: Simply the best!!
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

ken01fan wrote:Its hard to believe he would say something like that, afterall Fast Eddie Clark said himself that he used to watch Ozzys show from the side stage and was always blown away by Randy.
This is what surprises me as well.