News To Me

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

DayNah
Cool Member

News To Me

Post by DayNah »

So I get a call from work the other night(I work in a bar/venue)....My buddy is freaking cause of who's at the bar....The message left on my phone is "The dude who recorded Crazy Train is at our bar).....

Turns out Chris Tsangarides actually tracked the solos(recorded 3 times)to Crazy Train.....Anyone else know that?...Is that common knowledge?...I looked at his resume, pretty impressive.....

Apparently he got sick during the recording of the album and was replaced by the time he got back...I'm guessing he was just a house engineer....Has this been common knowledge or? I can't see why a guy with that resume would make that up....
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

Hmmm. Never really thought about it.
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
RhoadsFan

Post by RhoadsFan »

interesting. news to me to.
“If you guys are going to be throwing beer bottles at us, at least make sure they're full.â€Â
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Did he work with Randy in person or was he just working on the finished tapes?
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

if I remember correctly, Chris was not
pleasing the band so they rerecorded with Max Norman.

Something along those lines anyway.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

was this chris the producer?

cos didnt the band decide they didnt need a producer so just went with an engineer?
DayNah
Cool Member

Post by DayNah »

From what he told my friend he came down with a throat infection and took a week off or something. When he came back they had replaced him.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

It's been fairly common knowledge for years that Chris Tsangerides was let go because Ozzy and the band were not happy with the sonic results he'd achieved.

Google Max Norman interviews for more info.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Also heard that he and Ozzy didn't get along......

I think Blizzard is still poorly produced, especially the drums and guitars..., Diary is a little better and Tribute is the best.
But nothing beats the Montreal or Cleveland boots! 8)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
DayNah
Cool Member

Post by DayNah »

Paul Wolfe wrote:It's been fairly common knowledge for years that Chris Tsangerides was let go because Ozzy and the band were not happy with the sonic results he'd achieved.

Google Max Norman interviews for more info.
Ok, I had no idea....
DayNah
Cool Member

Post by DayNah »

I left the same message a day after I posted this here on Bob Daisley's message board....This was his response...:

To Dana: No Chris didn't have anything on Blizzard. He started out with us as producer when we first went into the studio in 1980 but after about a week or so we realised we didn't need or want a producer and we wanted to do it ourselves, so his services were not needed after the first week or so. I saw Chris a couple of years ago when I was recording with Gary Moore in London (Chris was producing) and we talked about that first Blizzard album and I told him that we hadn't kept anything that he recorded so he should've remembered but maybe age is catching up on him now and he forgot what I told him and still thinks we kept the recording he did. But no, nothing got kept.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Isn't this internet age great? In the old days it would have been nearly impossible to learn about this stuff.
DayNah
Cool Member

Post by DayNah »

Paul Wolfe wrote:Isn't this internet age great? In the old days it would have been nearly impossible to learn about this stuff.

You know it bud!haha
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Paul Wolfe wrote:Isn't this internet age great? In the old days it would have been nearly impossible to learn about this stuff.
It has speeded up so many things, I remember when we had to send letters and have international telephone calls to arrange trades. :? :shock: it took months to sort things out!
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.