Rudy Sarzo says Documentary is not based on my book...

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Rudy Sarzo says Documentary is not based on my book...

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I was having a browse about and i found this
http://www.knac.com/article.asp?ArticleID=5549

Bassist Rudy Sarzo Says Randy Rhoads Documentary Is Not Based On My Book

Former Quiet Riot/Ozzy Osbourne/current DIO bassist Rudy Sarzo has issued a statement in response to a recent press release from Quiet Riot singer Kevin DuBrow in which he explains his reason why he "declined to participate" in the upcoming documentary about late Ozzy Osbourne/Quiet Riot guitarist Randy Rhoads.

Sarzo spoke to KNAC.COM contributor Deb Rao saying, "In response to a recent press release from Kevin Dubrow, I’m compelled to address his statements regarding claims of inaccuracies in my book, Off The Rails, and towards an upcoming Randy Rhoads documentary now in production.

I want to highly stress that Dakota Film’s Randy Rhoads documentary, that is being directed by Peter Margolis, is not based on my book, Off The Rails or any book for that matter. In no way, is the film scripted. It is based on interviews from family members, childhood friends, former band members and fans who want to share their memories and express their feelings about Randy in this special tribute.

The documentary's director, Peter Margolis, is an ex-student of Randy Rhoads. His life was truly influenced by Randy's music and friendship. The film has 100 percent support and participation of the Rhoads family and from what I understand, Kelle Rhoads will be contributing to the soundtrack of the film.

I sincerely hope that Kevin's animosity towards me, which he’s been harboring for nearly 25 years, does not extend into this well-meaning project.

In response to Mr. DuBrow's statement that my book is filled with inaccuracies, well, I have yet to see him back up his allegations. Besides, out of the 24 chapters in the book there is only one that refers to my time with Randy in Quiet Riot. The other 23 chapters are about my memories of Randy during my period in Ozzy's band."

With the blessings of the Rhoads family, Dakota Pictures and Director Peter Margolis began filming the Randy Rhoads Documentary on March 19, 2007 at the Mountain View Cemetery in San Bernardino, CA.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I enjoyed reading this, thanks Shaun. I don't think the film will lack anything without the support or help of Kevin.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I was very surprised to see that Ozzy and Tommy Aldridge don't want anything to do with the documentary.But if you remember $haron Osbourne tried to stop Rudy's book going ahead.I think this must be a very similar stunt.They could quite easily do a similar docu with the full support of Delores and co. But it wouldn't be profitable to the Osbourne camp.So they don't want to be apart of this which is a pity considering that Randy's carreer was spent for a big percentage with Ozzy.As far as Tommy Aldridge goes i think he wants to let sleeping dogs lie.I think it must be a hard topic for him to discuss.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:I was very surprised to see that Ozzy and Tommy Aldridge don't want anything to do with the documentary.
What a crap, did they give a reason?
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:They could quite easily do a similar docu with the full support of Delores and co. But it wouldn't be profitable to the Osbourne camp.
Make a Randy docum (somethng like Cliff 'm all ) with all kind of footage and it will be profitable, but of course they 'need' support first.......
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

:arrow:
Last edited by cableguyxx on Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

I'm sure Ozzy is involved with the documentary and just doesn't know it yet. :lol:
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:I was very surprised to see that Ozzy and Tommy Aldridge don't want anything to do with the documentary.But if you remember $haron Osbourne tried to stop Rudy's book going ahead.I think this must be a very similar stunt.They could quite easily do a similar docu with the full support of Delores and co. But it wouldn't be profitable to the Osbourne camp.So they don't want to be apart of this which is a pity considering that Randy's carreer was spent for a big percentage with Ozzy.As far as Tommy Aldridge goes i think he wants to let sleeping dogs lie.I think it must be a hard topic for him to discuss.
sorry if I am being slow but Peter's film has the full supportfrom the Rhoads family.

If that's what you meant sorry :D
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Matt what i was saying is that the O$bournes don't want to contribute because they'll get nothing £££ $$$ from this documentary.But if they did decide to make one, they would have to get full permission from the Rhoads family..
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Matt what i was saying is that the O$bournes don't want to contribute because they'll get nothing £££ $$$ from this documentary.
I really wonder if £££ $$$ is the issue.......
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Matt what i was saying is that the O$bournes don't want to contribute because they'll get nothing £££ $$$ from this documentary.
I really wonder if £££ $$$ is the issue.......
Who knows? Ozzy's memory is not what it used to be. In any event, the film will be special no matter what.
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I think that Ozzy and his team could put a film together about his time with Randy and it would be fine, all of us would pay to see it as well! because he has all the little peices of musical gold we are waiting to hear/see. At some point when Ozzy is either too old to record/tour they will concentrate on what they have and they know what will sell.

And

we will buy it, its part of the waiting game.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:I was very surprised to see that Ozzy and Tommy Aldridge don't want anything to do with the documentary.
So was I. But over the years Ozzy has spoke many times of the great times he had with Randy, he's never had a bad word to say about their time together in the band, so I don't suppose Ozzy would add anything new that we have'nt already heard countless times before. But it would've been great to see some never before seen live footage that Ozzy must have locked away somewhere, but I'm sure that'll see the light of day sooner or later.(I hope) As for Tommy Aldridge, yeah I would like to hear something from him, but it's his personal choice to keep out of it I suppose so fair enough, although I cannot understand why.
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

So was I. But over the years Ozzy has spoke many times of the great times he had with Randy, he's never had a bad word to say about their time together in the band, so I don't suppose Ozzy would add anything new that we have'nt already heard countless times before. But it would've been great to see some never before seen live footage that Ozzy must have locked away somewhere, but I'm sure that'll see the light of day sooner or later.(I hope) As for Tommy Aldridge, yeah I would like to hear something from him, but it's his personal choice to keep out of it I suppose so fair enough, although I cannot understand why.
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Sorry about the above multiple posts, my comuter through a wobbler.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Fozzy41 wrote:But it would've been great to see some never before seen live footage that Ozzy must have locked away somewhere, but I'm sure that'll see the light of day sooner or later.(I hope)
Hi Gazza, I've pondered over this question a few times about Ozzy having un-released material.I honestly don't think he has got any! the reason being that if he had any he would of used it.We've all seen the Tribute Crazy Train video and the only images he used where from the 'After Hours' footage and loads of still photographs.I'm sure that if he had some good/professionaly shot footage of a show, it would of appeared on that video.What is the point in holding back on something like this,its not like he would need permission as i'm sure the Rhoads family would love to see this aswell as all the fans.