New Bernie Torme video, photos and interview w/Randy info!!!

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

New Bernie Torme video, photos and interview w/Randy info!!!

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

If you go to this link I have a new interview I conducted with Bernie Torme at the last Guitar Society evening...enjoy!!

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... =315598104

This is exciting. Here is some new stuff.

First of all here is Bernie's opening piece from the album Bitter and Twisted called 'Canonball'...observe the screams and how Bernie really does tame his guitar!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVPQni0FPIw

Here are some pictures first of all.
This is me holding Bernie's 1964 Fender Stratocaster. He is showing me here how he sanded the neck of the blues 62 Strat Ozzy gave him

Bernie live in action

Exchanging jokes before the performance

It was an honour being in the company of such a great musician
Last edited by Cpt Matt Sparrow on Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Nice read! Thnx!
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

This started in the Bernie section but because I didn't think it would be noticed I have moved it here.
Bermie gives an account of filling in for Randy which is very sad, it gives an idea how tragic it was for him and all the band and crew.

T
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
siro_angel
Mass Poster

Re: New Bernie Torme interview with Ozzy/Randy info

Post by siro_angel »

that is a nice read :) he sounds such a warm person wish i was there but hey :)

Simon
"A man who aimed to bring his dreams to reality is not a fool, but the man who won't is."
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

Cool thanx.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

This is exciting. Here is some new stuff.

First of all here is Bernie's opening piece from the album Bitter and Twisted called 'Canonball'...observe the screams and how Bernie really does tame his guitar!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVPQni0FPIw

Here are some pictures first of all.
This is me holding Bernie's 1964 Fender Stratocaster. He is showing me here how he sanded the neck of the blues 62 Strat Ozzy gave him

Bernie live in action

Exchanging jokes before the performance

It was an honour being in the company of such a great musician
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
siro_angel
Mass Poster

Post by siro_angel »

Awesome Matt! :D Wow, he loves to chug the chops on canonball dont he? :P

I loved the video and the pictures are amazing :)

Simon
"A man who aimed to bring his dreams to reality is not a fool, but the man who won't is."
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

:D
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

tHis was great, and had he had enough time to work with Tommy Rudy & Don I imagine he would have been remembered in a much more favorable light.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Trigger wrote:tHis was great, and had he had enough time to work with Tommy Rudy & Don I imagine he would have been remembered in a much more favorable light.
I am a huge fan of his playing and also his single mindedness. Several times Bernie could have chosen a commercially bigger path than he walked and each time he followed his own dreams as a musician.

He has that rare and cool thing integrity.
siro_angel
Mass Poster

Post by siro_angel »

Hey Matthew.. just wondered what did bernie say when you asked him to sign for me? :P

Btw, I am loving the videos on your youtube, its inspired me to go learn celtic traditional songs on guitar!

Simon
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

hi Simon

It says

"to Simon, rock on Bernie Torme"

I will post as soon as the post strike is done.

Yeah there are 5 players that I have become really fascinated with this year

Bernie Torme
Brian Setzer
Chet Atkins
John 5
Johnny A

Check out his current work with GMT. They are a fantastic power trio!!

Matt
siro_angel
Mass Poster

Post by siro_angel »

Matthew wrote:hi Simon

It says

"to Simon, rock on Bernie Torme"

I will post as soon as the post strike is done.

Check out his current work with GMT. They are a fantastic power trio!!

Matt
Awesome :D :) and I checked out GMT, man he knows how to make me laugh, gasp and smile at the same time!

I mean Rocky Road (To Dublin)! Makes me howl with laughter, its the sort of song you can picture yourself singing while drunk stubbling across ireland! :P well its what i picture anyways :P

I cant wait to recieve it :) and yeah that postal strike is very annoying lol :P me thinks if I see a postman i shall slap him in the face with a tunafish! :P

Thanks a millon Matt :) I owe you a pizza if you should ever come up here :P

Simon
siro_angel
Mass Poster

Post by siro_angel »

oh and why did Bernie sand the neck of the guitar ozzy gave him? :?

Simon
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Hi Simon

Bernie did it to make the neck more to his liking. I went straight upstairs and sanded my customised strats neck and I love it even more now.

My Flying V is a faded finish and has a gorgeous neck, my Tony Johnson Classical is a natural feel neck...they are so, so comfortable!

Simon if you write to Bernie on myspace he will most likely write back..he is very cool like that.

8) 8) 8)