Japan broadcast of After Hours?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

clashradio
Cool Member

Japan broadcast of After Hours?

Post by clashradio »

I'm new to the forum so maybe this is old (but big) news...
Rumor has it that the Japanese re-aired the After Hours show for the 20th anniversary (of Randy's death I'm guessing?, or the 20th anniversary of the original broadcast?). Anyone else think this is fascinating?!? This must be the source of the crystal clear After Hours dvd clips floating around seeing how they have the same format over there (NTSC). For me this is great news because for 17 years all I had was a crappy Nth gen VHS tape of After Hours and the quality of this newer broadcast (if indeed this is what it is) is almost as clean as the clips from Don't Blame Me. I'm referring to the '78-'82 compilation dvd, not the shitty Six String God dvd which has the balls to say "as close to perfection as the long lost master tape"
The Flying Dutchman

Re: Japan broadcast of After Hours?

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Well the curious thing is, that the After Hours show is never released officially. I have to say that on the "Don't blame me" Ozzy vid there are a couple of seconds of this show and the images and sound are still the best I've seen/heard so far. It's also known that they runned twice through the same set. :wink: There were rumors this show would be officially released in 2007, nothings happens yet..... It's a shame that nothing is done with this stuff even after 25 years. :shock:
Something is terrible wrong here..... We can look up to a new documentary with all kinds of people telling how great Randy was, bla bla bla..., of course the docum will be great, but to me new audio or footage means 10000000 times more to me.
clashradio
Cool Member

Post by clashradio »

I knew that this "newer element" of After Hours, even though it's really clean was still a bootleg. But I didn't know they played this whole set twice???? If that's the case, and they recorded both sets, why did they air this set? (Ozzy's voice gives out on Crazy Train, Randy screws up on Suicide Solution). I'm still hoping that Peter releases this show on a bonus dvd of the doc, as well as the front row Super 8 footage, heck, even the four tunes they did for the Diary warm ups. Although I can't stand keyboards on Crazy Train.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

One would expect that both sets were filmed there for After Hours, but I can't say for sure they did. To me it make sense they did. It would be great to see it all!