Awesome Forum!

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

JR97

Awesome Forum!

Post by JR97 »

I was looking for some Jake E. Lee info and came across the great forum here.

My metal years are long behind me, but still a core part of me. Randy Rhoads was the major musical influence in my guitar life. In fact, he was probably THE primary influence for 10-12 years.

To be honest, I haven't really thought of the guy in ages other than the rare occasion I fire up Diary or Blizzard. But after spending the last 2 days reading every post here, I find great comfort knowing that others are as passionate about his musical contributions as I am. I wish the internet would have been around 25 years ago so I could have known more about my hero in my formative years.

It's also great to see people that were in his life posting here. It makes it more real and not just stories or articles from a magazine. Anywho, just wanted to say thanks for proving a great forum.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Randy was amazing as a guitarist and a person, a few people here knew Randy and Frank knew him as well as anybody could.
I feel that Randy gave more to life then just his outstanding musical work, I know how ground breaking 'Blizzard & Diary' are but while you are here check out some of the live audio we have on offer (for free), the Randy that you hear live is a different Randy to the one who recorded those 2 Ozzy albums. When those songs were played live Randy almost re-invented the songs.

Listen to

Providence 1981
Towson 1981
and the show from 15th Jan 82 (I forgot the venue, sorry)

They are great and show how Randy is still as fresh today as he was 25+ years ago.

T
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
frank
Student & Friend of Randy

Post by frank »

:!:
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

frank wrote::!:
I was being nice about you and Randy :wink: :lol:
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
frank
Student & Friend of Randy

Post by frank »

i know. thank you. the exclamation had to do with his amazing guitar work.