oxford,uk.1980 show is where they played "you said it all"-
was recorded-bob daisley -said "he believed"was venue
does anybody have this show(audio)???
anybody???
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Nope! I read Bob mention that Oxford was the location for the recording of 'you said it all' prior to this, it had always been believed to be Southampton that was the location for the recording of 'You said it all' Mr Crowley & Suicide solution for the Ep, and the source of the verisons of No bone movies and Goodbye to romance used on the tribute album.

I think that these are safe and locked away with Ozzy, as soon as Ozzy gets to old to record or wheel out on stage they will release all the tracks from that show.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

:arrow:
Last edited by cableguyxx on Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

I could be wrong, but I remember Bob Daisley once telling that they never performed that song live. They wrote and recorded it in one afternoon (because they needed a extra song for a single) and mixed the audience with it later on.
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:I could be wrong, but I remember Bob Daisley once telling that they never performed that song live. They wrote and recorded it in one afternoon (because they needed a extra song for a single) and mixed the audience with it later on.
Yeah, I'd heard that also, I'm pretty certain the track was never played live. With regards to what Trigger said about No Bone Movies and Goodbye to Romance been recorded at either Oxford or Southampton and been used for the tribute album, that's the first time I've heard that, I thought all the Tribute album was recorded in 1981 when Rudy and Tommy was in the band. But I must say, the EP recorded on that very first UK Tour with Bob and Lee is one of my favourite live recordings from Ozzy, it's a pity there wasn't more of it.
mikeysline

i just brought up

Post by mikeysline »

i brought up this -just cause love to see tape surface-bob did say it was all in one day and belived it was oxford-he said this at other forum
who knows maybe was recorded elsewhere?
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Fozzy41 wrote:With regards to what Trigger said about No Bone Movies and Goodbye to Romance been recorded at either Oxford or Southampton and been used for the tribute album
I heard both songs were recorded during the Southampton show.
It's a bit sad they never released that whole Southampton show......
(I refuse to believe they only recorded two songs of that show, there must be more out there....)
clashradio
Cool Member

original bass/drums tracks on Tribute No Bone Movies

Post by clashradio »

Since Ozzy had Bob and Lee's bass and drums removed on Blizzard and Diary, did he have the same done for No Bone Movies and Goodbye to Romance on the Tribute lp since these were from the Euro shows.
Fozzy41
Madman

Re: original bass/drums tracks on Tribute No Bone Movies

Post by Fozzy41 »

clashradio wrote:Since Ozzy had Bob and Lee's bass and drums removed on Blizzard and Diary, did he have the same done for No Bone Movies and Goodbye to Romance on the Tribute lp since these were from the Euro shows.
As much as I am a fan of Ozzy's, I wouldn't be suprised at anything the Osbourne camp would do, especially if Sharon's at the helm. I thought it was disgusting what they did to the remarsters, so who's to say they didn't do the same 15 years earlier when Tribute was first released, having said that, I thought I was reasonably knowledgable about Ozzy's recording career and I'd never heard of this until the orther day on the forum.