Bobs book is endorsed by the Rhoads Family

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

mojopin70
Mass Poster

Bobs book is endorsed by the Rhoads Family

Post by mojopin70 »

Heres a vid of the Rhoads family with Bobs book.

Note that Kelle Rhoads says that only Rudy Sarzos and Bobs books are worth any salt , and the rest "really arent that good"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... BMK9_5aQy4

:D
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: Bobs book is endorsed by the Rhoads Family

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Well how can you rate a book unless you put your own stamp on it. He's more then likely having a pop at Joel McIver's book 'Crazy Train' which i enjoyed. It's better then any book Kelle has wrote.. I laughed at Kathy saying that they are going to do 'what' for Randy's legacy in the future etc 2:41....watch this space...i'll believe it when i see it. What was this event held for ?
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

Quite nice clip, actually! I just wonder what do they think about Kelly Garni´s book...? I just finished reading it and I think that Angels With Dirty faces is very good book!!! :)
Mikel
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

He's judged as another maggot feeding off Randy's left overs... The Rhoads came to the discission that he was nothing more then an ex--'old friend' of Randy's strange how they fall out of love with everyone who does a book or profits from using Randy or the Rhoads name ???...
rhoads56
Cool Member

Post by rhoads56 »

I'd say they wish the hundred copies he sold were burnt.

Bob's book is something Ive been lusting after for a long time.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Didn't I post that whole series of videos just a couple days ago? Hmmm...

Funny that Kelle says good things about Rudy's book, considering Rudy was right there... I also found it interesting that Rudy wanted to look at Bob's book right away.

Personally, I thought Kelly Garni's book gave a good portrait of Randy as a kid growing up.
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

Paul Wolfe wrote:Didn't I post that whole series of videos just a couple days ago? Hmmm...

Funny that Kelle says good things about Rudy's book, considering Rudy was right there... I also found it interesting that Rudy wanted to look at Bob's book right away.

Personally, I thought Kelly Garni's book gave a good portrait of Randy as a kid growing up.

Yes Rudy Sarzos eyes light up when Kelle is holding Bobs book.....i cant work out how Sarzo recalled detailed conversations that appear in his book " off the rails" it reads like a film script and i still havent worked out how he did it.
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Well that's how Kelle Rhoads is such an ass he praises Rudy's book to the max. Then slags Joel's book for being inaccurate and having 149 bits of duff info in it.. As Kelle said in that cigar smoking video..."Do your research, bad press" etc etc.. but if your as switched on as some, Rudy's book has alot of mistakes and other facts that are miss leading and not factual. A good book by all standards but if he wants to tar someone "Get your facts right Kelle...". I'd like to read Garni's book just so i can make my own mind up. But it was only out in a limited supply. Is it still available ?. I bet Bob's book doesn't give Rudy much kudos.. I bet he had to nip to the toilet for a quick browse lets get to the chapter when Bob was out and i was in...Interesting reading...Really looking forward to Bob's book anyday now..
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Well that's how Kelle Rhoads is such an ass he praises Rudy's book to the max. Then slags Joel's book for being inaccurate and having 149 bits of duff info in it.. As Kelle said in that cigar smoking video..."Do your research, bad press" etc etc.. but if your as switched on as some, Rudy's book has alot of mistakes and other facts that are miss leading and not factual. A good book by all standards but if he wants to tar someone "Get your facts right Kelle...". I'd like to read Garni's book just so i can make my own mind up. But it was only out in a limited supply. Is it still available ?. I bet Bob's book doesn't give Rudy much kudos.. I bet he had to nip to the toilet for a quick browse lets get to the chapter when Bob was out and i was in...Interesting reading...Really looking forward to Bob's book anyday now..
Garni's book gets shat all over, which is unfortunate. It's also pretty good. I wouldn't put it in the same category as the others, but I liked it nonetheless, and am happy that he wrote it. Garni may not be everyone's favorite person, but who cares? It's another book about Randy's life, and his own, obviously. Everyone pisses and moans about the lack of Randy material out there, then complains when stuff is released. And honestly, a double "who cares?" if Kelle doesn't like Garni's book. Garni wrote it mostly about himself and his own life anyway, and Randy happened to be a part of that. How should Kelle have anything to say about that? Garni's life, I mean.

The McIver book is well done also, though it glosses over things more. It's not a definitive tome by any means, but it's good for the average fan getting into Randy fandom. It had a couple of new things, but no revelations.

I liked Rudy's book a lot, and I'm sure I'll like Bob's as well. It boggles my mind that there are complaints about books that are lucky to have been written. As much as I enjoy Randy's music, he is very much a niche guitarist, and it is only his tremendous talent that keeps us fans seeking out his material, and material about him. Many, many people don't even know who the hell he is, but we, the fans, do. The virtual windfall of Randy books in the last couple of years has been nothing short of amazing, and people would do well to acknowledge that.
rzbk777

Post by rzbk777 »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Well that's how Kelle Rhoads is such an ass he praises Rudy's book to the max. Then slags Joel's book for being inaccurate and having 149 bits of duff info in it.. As Kelle said in that cigar smoking video..."Do your research, bad press" etc etc.. but if your as switched on as some, Rudy's book has alot of mistakes and other facts that are miss leading and not factual. A good book by all standards but if he wants to tar someone "Get your facts right Kelle...". I'd like to read Garni's book just so i can make my own mind up. But it was only out in a limited supply. Is it still available ?. I bet Bob's book doesn't give Rudy much kudos.. I bet he had to nip to the toilet for a quick browse lets get to the chapter when Bob was out and i was in...Interesting reading...Really looking forward to Bob's book anyday now..
You can get Garni's book at Amazon and even on the Kindle, I thought it was worth reading.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:...if your as switched on as some, Rudy's book has alot of mistakes and other facts that are miss leading and not factual.
Exactly the feeling I got when reading Rudy's book. I've got it on the book shelf, but for me it's a once only read.
CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:Everyone pisses and moans about the lack of Randy material out there, then complains when stuff is released.
Couldn't have been said better.

I've got Joel's book on the Kindle and I liked it for the most part. Could have done without the fans raving about Randy section, but otherwise a good book.

I want to get my hands on Ron Sobol's Quiet Riot book/DVD next.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

paul the dvd is horrible!the footage and audio could have been done better by an amateur..the book is amazing tho!beautiful pictures hardback..really well put together.ive had them for about a year and a half.i watched the dvd and well yuck!i still havent read the book..im saving up for the velocity book..
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

Tito wrote:paul the dvd is horrible!the footage and audio could have been done better by an amateur..the book is amazing tho!beautiful pictures hardback..really well put together.ive had them for about a year and a half.i watched the dvd and well yuck!i still havent read the book..im saving up for the velocity book..
You're gonna really like the Velocity book, Tito. Just a great piece of writing, with the exception of the "hi, it's the voice again" at the beginning of each chapter, as some folks have mentioned. IMO, it doesn't take away from the rest of the book, which is stellar. Just the quality of the book overall is impressive. Lots of great photos and text. Enjoy it when you get it, man! :)
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Tito wrote:paul the dvd is horrible!the footage and audio could have been done better by an amateur..the book is amazing tho!beautiful pictures hardback..really well put together.ive had them for about a year and a half.i watched the dvd and well yuck!i still havent read the book..im saving up for the velocity book..
Good to know, Tito, thanks... I really am more interested in Randy's Quiet Riot years these days because I've read/heard about the Ozzy years for 30 years but not nearly so much about his QR days. I think it's great that a book devoted to that period has been released.

On a side note, I think it's sad that none of the RR books are available at brick & mortar places like Barnes & Noble. I was there the other day and they have books on Yngwie and the Runaways - how are either more 'known' than Randy?
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

On a side note, I think it's sad that none of the RR books are available at brick & mortar places like Barnes & Noble. I was there the other day and they have books on Yngwie and the Runaways - how are either more 'known' than Randy?
That's probably got more to do with the way that Barnes & Noble and other major bookstore chains insist on doing business than anything else. I agree, it's sad!
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley