Randy Rhoads is the center of all my musical education

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

lil_miz_rhoads
Cool Member

Randy Rhoads is the center of all my musical education

Post by lil_miz_rhoads »

When I first heard of Randy, I thought that he was a great person and it's been over a year now but I haven't changed. My interest in heavy metal all timer Ozzy Osbourne started when I was nine I think now I'm almost eleven and Iv'e heard alot of Randy Rhoads and Ozzy. But out of all of my musical influence out of cello violin flute saxaphone and clarinet the guitar is better than any of these and by the way is there anyway you can find Randy Rhoads online lessons from the past?
My life is a Black abyss...
XXMisunderstoodXX
RhoadsFan

Post by RhoadsFan »

I dont know about lessons from the past but I found this little soloing stratagie thingy thats helped me out quite a bit. you might want to take a look.

http://www.guitarworld.com/article/solo ... ndy_rhoads
“If you guys are going to be throwing beer bottles at us, at least make sure they're full.â€Â
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: Randy Rhoads is the center of all my musical education

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

lil_miz_rhoads wrote:When I first heard of Randy, I thought that he was a great person and it's been over a year now but I haven't changed. My interest in heavy metal all timer Ozzy Osbourne started when I was nine I think now I'm almost eleven and Iv'e heard alot of Randy Rhoads and Ozzy. But out of all of my musical influence out of cello violin flute saxaphone and clarinet the guitar is better than any of these and by the way is there anyway you can find Randy Rhoads online lessons from the past?
Hi this isn't on-line but its available to buy and i've heard that this is as good as it gets for budding guitarists who want to play RR tunes check it out
http://young-guitar.stores.yahoo.net/ygx0-rr.html

This is a similar book for all the Jake E Lee fans if you have a browse through the different tab books i'm sure you'll find a guitarist of interest
http://young-guitar.stores.yahoo.net/ygx13-jake.html
JR97

Post by JR97 »

You can learn a lot learning RR's stuff. Learning the tunes off of Blizzard and Diary were the best guitar lessons there were for me. That guy runs the full gamut of styles, licks, and scales. Unfortunately, since the grunge days, anything remotely virtuoso is a pariah. I think the world is ripe for a guitar hero. So practice up and maybe it's you!
lil_miz_rhoads
Cool Member

Post by lil_miz_rhoads »

you guys should try www.homestarrunner.com and go to sb emails. Once you get there find haircut. strongbad draws a guitar on this dudes face and then out of nowhere hes all like i dont want to eat a guitar. strongbad goes your not eatin it your making hot licks with your...teeth!
My life is a Black abyss...
XXMisunderstoodXX
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

JR97 wrote:You can learn a lot learning RR's stuff. Learning the tunes off of Blizzard and Diary were the best guitar lessons there were for me. That guy runs the full gamut of styles, licks, and scales. Unfortunately, since the grunge days, anything remotely virtuoso is a pariah. I think the world is ripe for a guitar hero. So practice up and maybe it's you!
+1 on everything you said