Was Randy a millionaire?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

zmack mylde
Cool Member

Was Randy a millionaire?

Post by zmack mylde »

Did Randy get to enjoy the fruits of his accomplishments by becoming a millionaire? It seems after the albums were recorded they toured non stop with out a chance to take a break.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Not as far as anybody knows :?
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Randy didn't see much of the fruits of his labor. In 1983 when Ozzy played the US Festival the lineup was like this:

May 29th, 1983:

Quiet Riot [12:10 - 12:50 pm]

Motley Crue [1:20 - 2:20]

Ozzy Osbourne [2:50 - 4:00]

Judas Priest [4:30 - 5:40]

Triumph [6:10 - 7:20]

Scorpions [7:55 - 9:10]

Van Halen [10:00 - midnight]

Ozzy was 3rd on the bill! Nowadays the show would be built around him, but back then he was still struggling on his way up. None of them saw any sort of millions while Randy was alive.

Hopefully the contracts have given Randy's earnings to his mother.
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Last edited by whoopiecat on Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
Zakk Daniels
Mass Poster

Post by Zakk Daniels »

I believe the house that TOTT was filmed at was actually Sharon's fathers house. Don Arden had money, I may be wrong, but I believe that is Don Arden's house that Rudy describes in the book and on the TOTT special.
Work Sucks!! Thats why I am on here reading posts!!
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

ozzy and sharon lived in a cottage that was owned by Don Arden, presumably until the big bust up. After that i think they lived on the tour bus and hotels for a while. The Osbournes didn't start making real money until they split from Arden, its even questionable how much money they made from ozzys first 3 LP's (at least initialy). Thats as much as i know offhand.

Randy a millionaire? i dont think so, but he never seemed to spend much money, i mean he didn't buy a house or anything did he!? so i would think he had accumulated quite a bit of money.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

whoopiecat wrote:From departed band members, Randy's family and Ozzy Inc., some of the following has filtered down thru the years. What is accurate or a falsehood, I cannot say.
1. The terms of Randy's contract were changed immediately after his death.
2. Delores had to take the Osbournes to court in the 80's for Randy's royalties.
3. Sharon is in some way, shape or form an executor in Randy's estate.
Anyone who can back up or debunk the myts of the above statements.
I know the Osbournes weren't rich back then, but they were doing pretty darn good. Rudy's description of their home in his book, as well as the TOTT segments from inside the house show that they were pretty far from broke.

W.
I don't know about Sharon being the executor of Randy's estate. I remember reading an interview with the big wigs at Jackson guitars and they were mentioning how well the RR models were selling and that if it continued that way, Dee would own the company. :lol:

I think Randy was doing alright at the time of his death. He did splash a few thousand for a nice Spanish made classical guitar.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

He had a new VW sports car that he only got a few months use of. But that doesn't really make him a greedy cash waster. I think many of us spend more now than Randy was able too do in his short life.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Trigger wrote:I think many of us spend more now than Randy was able too do in his short life.
Why is that? Just because an XBOX 360 or Playstation 3 cost almost as much as a car did in 1981? :D :D :D :D :roll:
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

:arrow:
Last edited by cableguyxx on Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Six_Strung_Out
Cool Member

Post by Six_Strung_Out »

Question: Was Randy a millionaire

Answer: No, but his Guitar sounded like a million dollars
stress2stress2
Cool Member

Post by stress2stress2 »

Spanish classical guitar: $2000
Sandoval PDV: $795
Pinstripe Jackson: $995

RR playing them.......priceless.
wyldeone
Cool Member

Post by wyldeone »

I had a copy of one of Randys last paychecks from his personal effects from the crash.. I think it was 1,200 for 2 weeks touring.. I know it was something like that.. I will try to find it.. it might of got destroyed in a flood we had here last sept.. does anyone else have a copy of this?? Im sure im not the only one.. also have a black and white photocopy of his drivers licence..
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

I'd say after taxes, 1,200 isn't bad for two weeks considering what year it was. I mean, not millionaire status obviously, but not bad at all.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Zakk Daniels wrote:I believe the house that TOTT was filmed at was actually Sharon's fathers house. Don Arden had money, I may be wrong, but I believe that is Don Arden's house that Rudy describes in the book and on the TOTT special.
Yeah that was Don Arden's house Ozzy stayed with them in that house for about a year.It all gets mentioned in the book about Don 'Mr Big'