Was Randy a millionaire?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Last edited by whoopiecat on Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

I honestly have a hard time taking what Don Arden says about his daughter seriously. I mean, I know Sharon's been a hard ass and worse, but still...Don Arden was at the top of the heap as far as that's concerned.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
Trigger wrote:I think many of us spend more now than Randy was able too do in his short life.
Why is that? Just because an XBOX 360 or Playstation 3 cost almost as much as a car did in 1981? :D :D :D :D :roll:
and in 1881 you would have got 7 covered wagons, 3 shacks and a deed to a gold mine out west, for the same price as that old 'Veedubya'! :lol: :wink:
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
ammalato

No Way

Post by ammalato »

No Way was Randy a millionaire. He was impressed with Kelly Garni's "modest" house in Las Vegas When hesaw it, and he was still living at home with Dee in Burbank. I do find it odd though that even to this day, after all the jackson royalties and everything else, that Dee still works at Musonia and lives in the same house in burbank. Supposedly even Randy's room is tact as it was in '82. SOMEONE PLEASE GET PHOTOS!

She even has the same phone number as what Randy printed on the receipts for the Sandoval V. (Please do not bother her anyone!)
frank
Student & Friend of Randy

Post by frank »

delores is from a generation that lives frugally and practices a hard-work ethic. she will work until she is unable or the good lord takes her.

we went into randys room after he passed. kathy wanted to show us this stereo receiver that he had bought in germany. i remember it was a rack mount set up and stood about 6 feet tall. we spent about 45 minutes looking for the power button. we finally gave up.
Stewie
Mass Poster

Post by Stewie »

Must been a hell of a cool stereo :) Frank, do you know anything else that was in Randys room? I'd love to know :)
frank

Post by frank »

cableguyxx wrote:
Skully wrote: I think Randy was doing alright at the time of his death. He did splash a few thousand for a nice Spanish made classical guitar.
Frank would probably have a better answer for this, but from what I've read about that guitar, he used his royalties from Blizzard to buy it. I think it's been mentioned that he was comfortable financially, but far from rolling in dough, but that he was good with his money as well(go figure). He probably did well with the teaching at Musonia also. Paul's statement is very true regarding Ozzy though. For many fans who have discovered Ozzy only in recent years or through the Osbournes show on MTV, they only know him as "The Godfather of Metal", or the Prince of Darkness. Back in the early '80s, Ozzy was more of the Clown Prince of Darkness. He definitely started something with Randy, Bob & Lee, but I don't think the money started rolling in until the mid to late 80's. Maybe even a bit later than that. It took him a good long while to get to the status he's got today.
back when, randy used to dream of buying a house in the hills of glendale. later on, his dreams had been upgraded somewhat...last we spoke he was talking malibu. the boys' world was enlarged in his short time on the world stage.
frank

Post by frank »

Stewie wrote:Must been a hell of a cool stereo :) Frank, do you know anything else that was in Randys room? I'd love to know :)
umm yeah, there was a bed. the room was pretty basic stewie.
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

:arrow:
Last edited by cableguyxx on Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
greebo830

Post by greebo830 »

Yes It was don ardens in TOTT. for the first years Ozzy made hardly any money from the albums. hence the big bust up between sharon & don. Ozzy was stuck in the same contract he'd signed after leaving B.S. He basically made about 20 pence for every album that was sold. Randy was on a paid contract through the record label so was actually richer than Ozzy at the time of his death. Sharon was the executor of Randy's will cause the will was made as park of sharon managing him. As for the jackson royalties, Theres never been a formal contract between Dolores And Jackson and over the years has had to fight to get any money out of the company especially after Grover Jackson lost overall control of the company. I know this because I worked for jackson in the legal department between 85 - 92.
RhoadsFan

Post by RhoadsFan »

Wait wait wait....so he wasnt a millionaire?????!!!??? your all joking right... if your not all i got to say is Woooowwww. If anyone deserves to be a millionaire its Rhoads for being such an inspiration to everyone who picks up a guitar because of him.
“If you guys are going to be throwing beer bottles at us, at least make sure they're full.â€Â
ken01fan
Cool Member

Post by ken01fan »

Yeah, it's really unfortunate that Randy never got to reap the benefits of his hard work and accomplishments. :(
Randy Rhoads: Simply the best!!