Is this an original press promo photo

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Is this an original press promo photo

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I seen this on ebay and i've seen similar pics in the past but did Randy have any press promo photos taken at the time or are these made up with the interest that these are original promo items from the early 80's ??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... OX:NEWLIST
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

If these were from 1982 why would the seller have a buy it now of $9.99? real stuff has a larger price than that.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
siro_angel
Mass Poster

Re: Is this an original press promo photo

Post by siro_angel »

I like the picture.. so much passion..
"A man who aimed to bring his dreams to reality is not a fool, but the man who won't is."
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

:lol: Almost bought that promo pic, like 20 years ago...but thought that it was too expensive, nice pic still.
Mikel
wyldeone
Cool Member

Post by wyldeone »

These were put out with the Tribute Album..
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

wyldeone wrote:These were put out with the Tribute Album..
They were? In the album? if so, I didn't get one.....
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Sarab wrote:
I didn't get one either Gina! I was out standing in line on the day it was released :?
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Are you sure about this ? i thought the original early pressings had the gatefold poster only ?
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

Trigger wrote:
Sarab wrote:
I didn't get one either Gina! I was out standing in line on the day it was released :?
Ian, I remember going to the record store with my then boyfriend, and he was rolling his eyes when I went to pay for it. Not a Randy fan, obviously. No wonder I dropped him like hot lead.
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Sarab wrote:
Trigger wrote:
Sarab wrote: They were? In the album? if so, I didn't get one.....
Ian, I remember going to the record store with my then boyfriend, and he was rolling his eyes when I went to pay for it. Not a Randy fan, obviously. No wonder I dropped him like hot lead.
That was the right move 8)
however, Jessica is not a huge Randy fan she enjoys Sabbath more.
Question is should I drop her now or just hope she can see the light in years to come? :lol:
frank
Student & Friend of Randy

Post by frank »

Trigger wrote:
Sarab wrote:
Trigger wrote: I didn't get one either Gina! I was out standing in line on the day it was released :?
Question is should I drop her now or just hope she can see the light in years to come? :lol:
i'd put her on probation pending termination. she's kinda cute but that only goes so far.
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

frank wrote:
Trigger wrote:
Sarab wrote: Ian, I remember going to the record store with my then boyfriend, and he was rolling his eyes when I went to pay for it. Not a Randy fan, obviously. No wonder I dropped him like hot lead.
i'd put her on probation pending termination. she's kinda cute but that only goes so far.
I'd say she's a keeper, Ian. At least she knows who Randy is and things about him. My not-so-attractive ex, didn't have a clue, and didn't want any. :lol:

Anyway....back to the topic....
Did this photo come inside of the album, or was it an "extra" that was given when the album was purchased?
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Sarab wrote: Anyway....back to the topic....
Did this photo come inside of the album, or was it an "extra" that was given when the album was purchased?
Thank you Gina you guys love to chat about everything but !!!!!!!! give your jaws some oil please... :wink:
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
Sarab wrote: Anyway....back to the topic....
Thank you Gina you guys love to chat about everything but !!!!!!!! give your jaws some oil please... :wink:
Spoil-sport! :lol:
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
wyldeone
Cool Member

Post by wyldeone »

They were promo photos for the tribute album!! Not put in the album.. Cbs associated use these photos in the promotion of the album..