Seven Ages of Rock

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Seven Ages of Rock

Post by whoopiecat »

Last edited by whoopiecat on Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

I think that might be a little bit of bad editing. I know Ozzy and Sharon were not watching it while it happened, but I'm pretty sure someone was. Tour manager or some roadie I think.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Ozzy himself said many times that he was asleep on the bus, if he hadn't he would be on that plane with Randy..... (he said)
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

It's that old "don't believe everything you see on the internet" thing.
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Last edited by whoopiecat on Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

whoopiecat wrote:Absolutely, Gentlemen. I agree. It's just too bad, because it makes Mick Wall look silly, as he's a writer whose forte happens to be rock, and the comment makes him sound as if he didn't do his homework.
BTW, has anyone ever seen this documentary in it's entirety?
I'd be curious to see if it comes out the same as when it originally aired.
If so, I'd be suprised the Osbournes let that stand. That clip was also the first time I'd seen the bus after the accident. Not to sound weird, but I expected the damage to be far worse.
Also, those who saw the accident happen were Don Airey, the keyboardist, and Jake Duncan, the tour manager.
Supposedly, Wanda Aycock was outside as well.

W.
I have the whole documentary because I recorded it basically. But i clipped that to put it on youtube for the guys here and at the other sites because it wont be aired in the US obviously. A lot of it is factually incorrect. Its also slightly out of sync with time, but it could be worse! They could of not included Randy at all.
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Last edited by whoopiecat on Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

Its interesting, but ive been trying to get the link on the Wikipedia article on Randy, which is very messy at the moment, but this muppet keeps removing it and refusing to give an explanation why. Its copyright BBC and they allow the free reproduction of all of their own programs so i have no idea what this guy is doing to be honest :?
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Going away from the clipping for youtube theme. The events of March 19th 1982 are well documented and were part of a legal investigation. I have not read them for many years but they are easlily available for reading on-line I imagine.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
FlyingHigh

Post by FlyingHigh »

Ive seen that clip before. some unseen crash footage there i think. its a bit innacurate in some places but its fairly good other than that.