What Ozzy said about Randy Rhoads

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

zmack mylde
Cool Member

What Ozzy said about Randy Rhoads

Post by zmack mylde »

I saw an interview where Ozzy said that with Randy Rhoads he met a person who for the first time in his life gave him hope. I thought this was deep. You have to remember Ozzy had a messed up childhood, he was abused and he pretty much had a messed up life until he met Randy, because even Black Sabbath fired him and left him bankrupt. To say Randy was the first person to give him hope is pretty deep. I couldn't imagine how Ozzy felt when Randy died. He must have been devestated. I give a lot of credit to Ozzy for soldiering on after the death of Randy.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I always assumed he meant Randy was the first person to give him hope as far as his musical career was concerned. Sharon took it upon herself to help him out of his depression after Sabbath fired him. She's the one who convinced him to try and she's the one who pushed him to keep his head up after Randy died.

Without Randy, Ozzy wouldn't have the career he has. Without Sharon, Ozzy'd probably be dead.
zmack mylde
Cool Member

Post by zmack mylde »

Paul Wolfe wrote:I always assumed he meant Randy was the first person to give him hope as far as his musical career was concerned. Sharon took it upon herself to help him out of his depression after Sabbath fired him. She's the one who convinced him to try and she's the one who pushed him to keep his head up after Randy died.

Without Randy, Ozzy wouldn't have the career he has. Without Sharon, Ozzy'd probably be dead.

I agree with that. A lot of people don't know how important Sharon Osbourne is in Ozzy's career they just assume she's just your typical housewife. That woman is intelligent and made Ozzy what he is today.
ken01fan
Cool Member

Post by ken01fan »

Yeah, I definately think Ozzy would be dead without Sharon! He's come pretty close to it even with her. I also don't think he would of had much of a career after Randy died if she wasn't there to push him along.
Randy Rhoads: Simply the best!!
lil_miz_rhoads
Cool Member

Post by lil_miz_rhoads »

That is true. Thank God he met Randy and sharon i love ozzy to death i dont even know what to do if he died. I just wanna say thank you sharon for helping ozzy get out of the habit for drugs. and thank you randy for being alive and being there for him.
My life is a Black abyss...
XXMisunderstoodXX