Sharon's fault Randy is dead ? ... Hiring Andrew Aycock ? ..

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

dogfall

Post by dogfall »

This subject seems to be one of the main reasons for the film to get the truth out. I have spoken personally with folks on the scene that day and have heard eye witness stuff about the struggle. I guess we will just have to wait for the film to be finished to get the end result.

This thread is full of opinions and are very interesting to watch and read.

Just remember one thing you can't always believe what has been in the press and magazines aka so called interviews because the person creating the story almost 90% of the time blows it up for good reading..
:idea:
LoVe Life
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

dogfall wrote:Just remember one thing you can't always believe what has been in the press and magazines aka so called interviews because the person creating the story almost 90% of the time blows it up for good reading..
:idea:
And, no offense intended towards this film, you can't always believe what people say about a tragic incident either. The incident in Minneapolis is a case in point, a lot of people saw the bridge go down and a lot of different stories are coming out about it. And this just happened. The plane crash in question was 25 years ago.

I think that the most likely comments have already been made. The likelihood of being able to see a struggle in the cockpit of a small plane traveling 140 mph, while not impossible, is highly unlikely.

Stevie

Post by Stevie »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:It's always puzzled me the fact that Randy didn't like flying and if anyone of you's have ever been up in a small private plane believe me its enough to put you off flying for life!!! so its a bit of a mystery WHY! he went up in that plane...
AGREED!!! WHY???? Of all things to do, geeez Randy. Looking forward to the film on their version, but apart from that, its a closed chapter for me as well. Too depressing by half.
"Five years ahead? I would love to have people know me as a guitar hero. Someday maybe put out a solo album where I can dig into a lot of instrumentals." ~~ RR ~~
Jeepman

Post by Jeepman »

dogfall wrote:This subject seems to be one of the main reasons for the film to get the truth out. I have spoken personally with folks on the scene that day and have heard eye witness stuff about the struggle. I guess we will just have to wait for the film to be finished to get the end result.
No disrespect intended,but if this or that was the cause of the crash,what difference does that make? Whether it was accidental or intentional...whether this "struggle" actually happened or not...it does nothing to change the fact that Randy Rhoads died that day. That's an unfortunate truth of this whole thing. Regardless of what led up to the events...that doesn't matter,and could never really be proven anyway. A very gifted,young musician,and man,lost his life on that day,and his life's story should be told.
Dan
Cool Member

Post by Dan »

Manco wrote:
dogfall wrote:This subject seems to be one of the main reasons for the film to get the truth out. I have spoken personally with folks on the scene that day and have heard eye witness stuff about the struggle. I guess we will just have to wait for the film to be finished to get the end result.
No disrespect intended,but if this or that was the cause of the crash,what difference does that make? Whether it was accidental or intentional...whether this "struggle" actually happened or not...it does nothing to change the fact that Randy Rhoads died that day. That's an unfortunate truth of this whole thing. Regardless of what led up to the events...that doesn't matter,and could never really be proven anyway. A very gifted,young musician,and man,lost his life on that day,and his life's story should be told.
Good call Manco. As far as this documentary: enough of the "teaser" stuff. It will be cool to see a new documentary but making it to "clear up" the story of the crash is kinda lame and I don't think that is what the producer is trying to do. I hope not at least. As Manco pointed out, we know the end result. The story of Randy is all about his incredible life - not his last morning on this earth. I've been to the crash site and the experience affirmed that, yes, it is where something tragic happened but not to place too much emphasis on it.

The documentary I hope serves to get the Randy story to a wider audience. Randy has become a legend and an icon over the past 25 years I've been a fan. Really cool to witness. People actually know who you are talking about when you mention his name. His friends I'm sure know a different side of Randy but to me he is the ultimate rock guitarist - looks the role, damn sure has the chops, and he was totally into his playing in every aspect.
Baking the cookies of discontent by the heat of the laundromat vent...
CHI-TOWN2

Post by CHI-TOWN2 »

Manco wrote: Regardless of what led up to the events...that doesn't matter,and could never really be proven anyway.

absolutely....unless you were actually on that plane, its all speculation....especially after 25 years.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Dan wrote:The documentary I hope serves to get the Randy story to a wider audience. Randy has become a legend and an icon over the past 25 years I've been a fan. Really cool to witness. People actually know who you are talking about when you mention his name. His friends I'm sure know a different side of Randy but to me he is the ultimate rock guitarist - looks the role, damn sure has the chops, and he was totally into his playing in every aspect.
I remember when Oliver Stone's 'The Doors' movie/film came out back in 1991 this opened up a new era for new Doors fans the film portrayed the life and death of Jim Morrison in a film which was very big at the box office.Some of the people who watched that film had probably never heard a tune by 'The Doors'.Which is the point i'm picking up on,this RR film should be done for the fans, new and old.With the interest of making it informative and hopefully full of new facts and stories from the fans and people who knew him best his friends and family etc..
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Last edited by whoopiecat on Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
stress2stress2
Cool Member

Post by stress2stress2 »

The post you're thinking about was probably mine.

I contacted Jake about a year ago and gently asked him if he would grant an interview about his work with Randy. Frankly, I explicitly told him that I wasn't interested in discussing March 19, 1982 AT ALL .

His reply was:

"Well, Tim, to be honest, I don't know if that's a particular part of my life
that I really want to re-visit"

All of us should respect his (and anyone else's) request to avoid revisiting that terrible time in his life.

I can't even begin imagine the weight that this kind of thing carries for Jake, Don, Ozzy, etc.

My recommendation; step into thier shoes for a minute. Ouch.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

stress2stress2 wrote:I contacted Jake about a year ago and gently asked him if he would grant an interview about his work with Randy. Frankly, I explicitly told him that I wasn't interested in discussing March 19, 1982 AT ALL .

His reply was:

"Well, Tim, to be honest, I don't know if that's a particular part of my life
that I really want to re-visit"

All of us should respect his (and anyone else's) request to avoid revisiting that terrible time in his life.
Hey Tim,
Thanks for sharing that!
For Jake and Don it must have been really hard since they made the same flight that day prior to Randy and saw it all happen......
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
therhoadlesstraveled
Cool Member

Post by therhoadlesstraveled »

Dan wrote:
Film Director wrote:And your proof to back your claims up would be what exactly?
My God man, are you this stupid?
Just a question he posed man. That's a bit harsh. Not posting a response is always an option. Questioning someone's "stupidity" often has a funny way of turning back on yourself. Just some friendly advice. :wink:

Satch, I think you posted a perfectly valid question, especially given the times. I don't agree she holds any responsibility but you should be able to ask reasonable questions on here without getting a personal attack.
+1
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

therhoadlesstraveled wrote:
Dan wrote:
Film Director wrote:And your proof to back your claims up would be what exactly?
My God man, are you this stupid?
Just a question he posed man. That's a bit harsh. Not posting a response is always an option. Questioning someone's "stupidity" often has a funny way of turning back on yourself. Just some friendly advice. :wink:

Satch, I think you posted a perfectly valid question, especially given the times. I don't agree she holds any responsibility but you should be able to ask reasonable questions on here without getting a personal attack.
+1
Dan put that very well, I couldn't have said it better

+2
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
AlienSatch

Post by AlienSatch »

Thanks for the support guys..... I'm not stupid :lol:

And what I didn't mention before is that SHARON'S BEST FRIEND WAS ON TOUR WITH THEM, AND HER HUSBAND WAS ANDREW AYCOCK !!!

That's how he got the job !!! Sharon's best friend's husband.

:evil:
Randy Rhoads Rules.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

AlienSatch wrote:Thanks for the support guys..... I'm not stupid :lol:

And what I didn't mention before is that SHARON'S BEST FRIEND WAS ON TOUR WITH THEM, AND HER HUSBAND WAS ANDREW AYCOCK !!!

And where does this info come from?
CHI-TOWN2

Post by CHI-TOWN2 »

AlienSatch wrote:Thanks for the support guys..... I'm not stupid :lol:

dont know where your gettin your info from..Wanda Aycock was NOT Sharon Arden's "best friend"......she joined the tour only a mere 30 hours or so before the accident.