Sharon's fault Randy is dead ? ... Hiring Andrew Aycock ? ..

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

CHI-TOWN2 wrote: As for a "struggle" on board...if that did happen, boy that leads to something thats very troubling.... :(
it was don airey who said that he thought he saw a struggle inside the plane right? grappling at the controls or something? it could also be true that randy was infact helping Aycock to pull up on the controls to regain control of the plane!? considering what Dan found out about the model of plane its possible...

thats what id prefer to believe anway :(
CHI-TOWN2

Post by CHI-TOWN2 »

unless i missed a huge part of this story, i dont think Randy ever had flight-training....to interfere with a pilot flying a plane at tree-top level at 140 MPH would be very very dangerous....
Dan
Cool Member

Post by Dan »

rice_pudding wrote:
CHI-TOWN2 wrote: As for a "struggle" on board...if that did happen, boy that leads to something thats very troubling.... :(
it was don airey who said that he thought he saw a struggle inside the plane right? grappling at the controls or something? it could also be true that randy was infact helping Aycock to pull up on the controls to regain control of the plane!? considering what Dan found out about the model of plane its possible...

thats what id prefer to believe anway :(
From what Jerry said, a pilot in any other plane might have got the plane out of the situation (side-slip, what ever) but that model plane forgives nothing apparently.

I see it as the dude buzzed a few times and on that last one he dipped the wing to far and could not pull up and out. Nothing on purpose. He was "hotdoggin' it" as we used to say. Give the passengers a little thrill.

As far as Randy fighting for control - what would he have done once he got control from the back seat? I don't see how anyone from the ground could see anything going on inside the cockpit.

I think people mean well but I think time fills in little "details" on tragic events as a means of reconciling. That had to be horrible to witness and I know a few of those guys still struggle with it. Damn shame.
Baking the cookies of discontent by the heat of the laundromat vent...
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

CHI-TOWN2 wrote:unless i missed a huge part of this story, i dont think Randy ever had flight-training....to interfere with a pilot flying a plane at tree-top level at 140 MPH would be very very dangerous....
true but, if your scared of flying and you think you might crash... people can do unexpected things :?

in any case what i mean is Aycock may have lost control and made this apparent to his passengers, if he couldnt get a firm grip on the controls, randy may have helped him to get some more leverage on the controls. :? ... just a thought
Last edited by rice_pudding on Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Dan wrote: As far as Randy fighting for control - what would he have done once he got control from the back seat? I don't see how anyone from the ground could see anything going on inside the cockpit.
neither do i
CHI-TOWN2

Post by CHI-TOWN2 »

rice_pudding wrote:
CHI-TOWN2 wrote:unless i missed a huge part of this story, i dont think Randy ever had flight-training....to interfere with a pilot flying a plane at tree-top level at 140 MPH would be very very dangerous....
true but, if your scared of flying and you think you might crash... people can do unexpected things :?
exactly....
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

I still have to think what Rudy said in his book about the final night with Randy, they were watching a video about 'Midway', somebody ever seen that movie? Lots of kamikaze 'air acrobatics' there......
Not sure if Mr. Aycock had seen that vid as well, but who knows?
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

It's always puzzled me the fact that Randy didn't like flying and if anyone of you's have ever been up in a small private plane believe me its enough to put you off flying for life!!! Trigger you could probably add to this how are your lessons going ?..so its a bit of a mystery WHY! he went up in that plane...But we cannot bring the man back so its a closed book and i'm happy with the music and the memory of such a cool guy its just a pity he wasn't here for a bit longer...
CHI-TOWN2

Post by CHI-TOWN2 »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:It's always puzzled me the fact that Randy didn't like flying and if anyone of you's have ever been up in a small private plane believe me its enough to put you off flying for life!!! Trigger you could probably add to this how are your lessons going ?..so its a bit of a mystery WHY! he went up in that plane...But we cannot bring the man back so its a closed book and i'm happy with the music and the memory of such a cool guy its just a pity he wasn't here for a bit longer...
i went up with a friend 1 time...never again :shock: ....those things run too much like car engines...
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
CHI-TOWN2

Post by CHI-TOWN2 »

what is odd is why the 4 people who didnt see the accident, their affadavit is available to the public...yet the 2 who did see the accident {Airey and Duncan]... their sworn statements havent ever been seen. Like to see a freedom of information act filed.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

There is no way an FAA guy who wasn't there at the time can say it wasn't an accident without tremendous amounts of proof. Don and Jake must have said something awfully incriminating to get an Faa guy to say that.

Remember the Korean airliner (flight 007)shot down by the Soviets in 1983? My dad was part of the investigation crew on that "accident" and he's been on many other crash investigations. HE read the reports and said the same thing Dan did about the crash on March 19, 1982. It was an accident based on pilot error.
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

[quote]Main Entry: ac·ci·dent
Pronunciation: \ˈak-sə-dənt, -ˌdent; ˈaks-dənt\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French, from Latin accident-, accidens nonessential quality, chance, from present participle of accidere to happen, from ad- + cadere to fall â€â€
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:It's always puzzled me the fact that Randy didn't like flying and if anyone of you's have ever been up in a small private plane believe me its enough to put you off flying for life!!! Trigger you could probably add to this how are your lessons going ?..so its a bit of a mystery WHY! he went up in that plane...But we cannot bring the man back so its a closed book and i'm happy with the music and the memory of such a cool guy its just a pity he wasn't here for a bit longer...
Slow! I won't be fully starting until Spring, I drive very old VW's and small planes and them sound and behave the same. I am confident in the engines in those tiny planes because I feel that old designs seem to to be the most reliable.

They do move around alot :? ! but I like the thrill of it feeling so feeble! just reminds me of driving the 64 VW bus 8)
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I have to admit one thing!

When I first saw this I read..........

'Shaun's fault Randy is dead?.. hiring Andy Aycock?..'

I wondered what it had to do with Guitaridol!

Then I noticed my mistake.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.