Sharon's fault Randy is dead ? ... Hiring Andrew Aycock ? ..

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Actually it's Dana Strum's fault. He's the guy who talked Randy into going for the audition, right? If Randy hadn't gone for the audition, George Lynch would have gotten the gig and Randy would have continued with his teaching. Quiet Riot would have broken up due to frustration of not getting a record deal and none of us would have ever heard of Kevin DuBrow.

And while I'm at it, the real culprit behind 9/11 is... oh never mind that would be offensive.
Jeepman

Post by Jeepman »

dogfall wrote:"Accident"

This is the key word! I know for a fact that this word associated with March 19th 1982 is a very controversial word. "Accident" seems more of an easy way to put it and may look better in the public eye.

I would wait until the film is finished you may be surprised that the word "Accident" should be taken with a grain of salt.
Is this to imply a "controversy?" :? Highly doubtful.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Was listening to an EVH 1982 interview recently and he used the word "plane stupidity".
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:
Was listening to an EVH 1982 interview recently and he used the word "plane stupidity".
EVH commented on it?
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

The Flying Dutchman wrote: Was listening to an EVH 1982 interview recently and he used the word "plane stupidity".
Ed said some nice things about himself in that interview as well, as I recall...

I think dogfall put the quotes on the word accident because some folks think that it was more of a "mistake" or an "error in judgement" as opposed to an "accident".

I've never heard an eye-witness report of the actual incident (when it struck the bus), only reports of the aftermath from folks on the bus at the time of the incident. I've heard people say they've read or heard something from Don Airey, but I've never seen anything myself.

Maybe the documentary will shed light, matbe not... time will tell.
AlienSatch

Post by AlienSatch »

Hi Guys,
I think really maybe I just wanted to know what you guys felt on the matter.

Afterall they did find the cocaine at the drivers seat right ? Tommy went and got it right ?..

"A bad descision", or a series of events, and bad decisions that lead up to the tragic day ?

This post is not 100% serious, I think I just wanted to know if anybody else ever had that idea go through their mind.

Sorry if this is to upsetting to have another hair raiser.

I just dont want to accept, and have to ignore the ORIGINAL REPORTS that have stayed with the stigma of this accident for this long, and it wasn't just " Flying High Again".

It's not an "accident" when doing 3-4 fly-by's past a tour bus full of people.
And Randy was NOT Flying High Again. Just dont get it.

I am not trying to throw fuel on a a fire, like I said I wondered if "that thought" had ever crossed else's mind.

1 edtit here:I think I worded by Thread wrong. I think I might have been better to ask if you guys think anyone else was responsible for RR's demise based on all the info.?...

ALSO, Junior member here, and not many posts made, please excuse my lack of chat room saavy for now? I will take it to heart for the future.

I love RR and so upset he's gone.

To the ADMIN's feel free to remove thread if this just wont work with the harmony of the site. I got carried away. No lynchings OK ? ...
Last edited by AlienSatch on Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Randy Rhoads Rules.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

AlienSatch wrote:Hi Guys,

Afterall they did find the cocaine at the drivers seat right ? Tommy went and got it right ?..

"A bad descision", or a series of events, and bad decisions that lead up to the tragic day ?
You need to remember the mindset in the early '80's. I had a class in high school where a police officer came in to tell us about the dangers of drugs. When the subject of cocaine came up, he said there was no evidence that it was addictive and that the real drug to worry about was heroin.

So the coke - and remember Ozzy was a fan of coke - may not have been seen as an issue.
Jeepman

Post by Jeepman »

RockyRhoads wrote:
AlienSatch wrote:Hi Guys,

You need to remember the mindset in the early '80's. I had a class in high school where a police officer came in to tell us about the dangers of drugs. When the subject of cocaine came up, he said there was no evidence that it was addictive and that the real drug to worry about was heroin.

So the coke - and remember Ozzy was a fan of coke - may not have been seen as an issue.
"Officer Friendly,"right? :lol:
dogfall

Post by dogfall »

It's very simple, i'm talking about what Don seen during flight and the plane clipping the bus while the pilots wife is standing in the doorway.

I like many others think that this was caused by a domestic fued between the pilot and his wife.
Kinda like the OJ thing Randy was at the wrong place at the wrong time.
I also thing that cocaine fueled his anger.
:arrow:
LoVe Life
Jeepman

Post by Jeepman »

So,basically,an accident.
CHI-TOWN2

Post by CHI-TOWN2 »

dogfall wrote:It's very simple, i'm talking about what Don seen during flight and the plane clipping the bus while the pilots wife is standing in the doorway.

I like many others think that this was caused by a domestic fued between the pilot and his wife.
Kinda like the OJ thing Randy was at the wrong place at the wrong time.
I also thing that cocaine fueled his anger.
:arrow:

to me, the whole "he was mad at his ex-wife" thing just doesnt make sense. The fact that the plane barely clipped the bus is an important clue. If someone really wants to crash a plane directly, on purpose, it is not difficult. The 2 trips that were made, plus the multiple fly-bys of the bus dont support that. Also, there must have been no erratic behavior from Aycock prior to the flights, because surely Randy, Rachel, Jake and Don would never have gotten on board. Unfortunatley, a lot of these idiots that get a pilots license all think they are "ACE" pilots .....and gotta prove to others how "good" they can fly. Sadly, thats what i think happened in this case....this guy caused a lot of pain :(
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

RockyRhoads wrote:Actually it's Dana Strum's fault. He's the guy who talked Randy into going for the audition, right? If Randy hadn't gone for the audition, George Lynch would have gotten the gig and Randy would have continued with his teaching. Quiet Riot would have broken up due to frustration of not getting a record deal and none of us would have ever heard of Kevin DuBrow.

And while I'm at it, the real culprit behind 9/11 is... oh never mind that would be offensive.
OH, NO!!! We'd never hear of Kevin Dubrow???
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
Dan
Cool Member

Post by Dan »

Film Director wrote:And your proof to back your claims up would be what exactly?
My God man, are you this stupid?
Just a question he posed man. That's a bit harsh. Not posting a response is always an option. Questioning someone's "stupidity" often has a funny way of turning back on yourself. Just some friendly advice. :wink:

Satch, I think you posted a perfectly valid question, especially given the times. I don't agree she holds any responsibility but you should be able to ask reasonable questions on here without getting a personal attack.
Baking the cookies of discontent by the heat of the laundromat vent...
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

CHI-TOWN2 wrote:
to me, the whole "he was mad at his ex-wife" thing just doesnt make sense. The fact that the plane barely clipped the bus is an important clue. If someone really wants to crash a plane directly, on purpose, it is not difficult. The 2 trips that were made, plus the multiple fly-bys of the bus dont support that. Also, there must have been no erratic behavior from Aycock prior to the flights, because surely Randy, Rachel, Jake and Don would never have gotten on board. Unfortunatley, a lot of these idiots that get a pilots license all think they are "ACE" pilots .....and gotta prove to others how "good" they can fly. Sadly, thats what i think happened in this case....this guy caused a lot of pain :(
I've got to agree. The reports of what Don Airey saw have never been published to my knowledge. Did the pilot buzz the bus when Don was on board? If so, why would anyone have gotten on board that plane?

From what I've seen of planes making low flybys, it would be easy to dip one wing just a little low and, boom, it's all over. Accidents happen at air shows all the time with professional pilots at the controls. So a recreational pilot or part-time pilot could easily have made a mistake especially after driving all night.
CHI-TOWN2

Post by CHI-TOWN2 »

also, from Rudy's own book, Jake Duncan stated that when he and Airey flew that morning, they were buzzing the bus to try and wake up Tommy....not much of a leap to think Aycock was trying it again 20 minutes later with Randy and Rachel on board. As for a "struggle" on board...if that did happen, boy that leads to something thats very troubling.... :(
Last edited by CHI-TOWN2 on Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.