Sharon's fault Randy is dead ? ... Hiring Andrew Aycock ? ..

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

It's always been stated that Sharon's best friend at that time was Rachael Youngblood. Rachael had been the Arden's cook and maid. Sharon and Rachael were friends and Rachael was on the bus to cook as well.

So, unfortunately I believe your facts are wrong, Sharon's best friend actually died with Randy.
therhoadlesstraveled
Cool Member

Post by therhoadlesstraveled »

Very true, Paul. I overlooked that as well. It seems not too many people remember about Rachel.
AlienSatch

Post by AlienSatch »

Andrew Aycock getting that job was not so "random". There was some relationship that got him there. :?

Also, exchange "best" friend, with "close" friend. :lol:
Randy Rhoads Rules.
Dan
Cool Member

Post by Dan »

AlienSatch wrote:Andrew Aycock getting that job was not so "random". There was some relationship that got him there. :?

To the best of my knowledge, Sharon met Wanda on the ride to Leesburg. It has been mentioned Sharon felt put upon because Andrew's ex-wife needed a ride down to Florida. Never have read that she was anything more to Sharon than an extra passenger on that bus ride.

As far as getting the job, Andy lived at Flying Baron and worked for Jerry as a driver. No inside connection or anything that I've ever heard. He worked for Jerry, Jerry leased tour buses.
Baking the cookies of discontent by the heat of the laundromat vent...
CHI-TOWN2

Post by CHI-TOWN2 »

AlienSatch wrote:Andrew Aycock getting that job was not so "random". There was some relationship that got him there. :?

dont forget the Grassy Knoll.... :roll:
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Huh? Where do you get your information? If you have some source the rest of us don't know about, please let us know.

I've never heard that Sharon Osbourne was acquainted with Aycock's wife, let alone being friends with her, and I've been reading accounts of this accident for 25 years.

Rachael Youngblood has been alternately described as Sharon's "best" friend and "close" friend over the years. The term "best friend" is relative, as a person's best" friend can change a number of times in a life time.

To quote an authority on the subject of Randy Rhoads:
Wanda Aycock was not even friends at all with Sharon and she was only on the bus for that trip to catch a ride down to Orlando from Knoxville. She only got the ride because Andrew put Sharon in an awkward position in Knoxville and asked if he could give her a lift, which Sharon grudgeingly allowed. No "Sharon's best friend" OR "close friend". Sharon didn't even know the woman previously. Andrew Aycock got the job only because he worked for Jerry Calhoun's company for awhile and they had gotten the tourbus contract for the tour. No other reason. No link of his wife to Sharon or anything else.
dogfall

Post by dogfall »

When it comes down to it..none of this really matters.
LoVe Life