About more audio

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

Trigger wrote: I feel that our best chance at getting new/other material would be via Bob himself. As far as I am aware he hasn't let any of his tapes go yet. What he could have is all the different rehersal versions of all the songs on 'Blizzard and Diary', if he really wanted that stuff to be heard he could leak it out to us........and we are still waiting! and how long will we have to wait, after all it is 27 years since 'Blizzard' was released.

Not only Bob, but, Tommy and Don both mention having recordings of the last months of the 'Diary' tour shows.........will they ever share those, that was 25 years ago and we are still waiting!

I believe that as soon as Ozzy is too frail to record or be wheeled out onto the stage. The Osbourne company will begin to take a good look at what they have stored away and begin to cash in on that. I think this is where we will find the things we are hoping for, I don't even feel that this is that far away now.

If they don't share with us, I wonder what the chances are of having any new Audio/video turning up in the new film? However the film does give us some hope however small.
I fear that that is the kinda' stuff Delores doesn't want to be seen :(
I think it's a shame really ...
frank
Student & Friend of Randy

Post by frank »

Skully wrote:Oh, I hope I didn't come across as being disrespectful to Mrs. Rhoads. Because that wasn't my intention at all. :oops:
no skully. what i meant is that if delores was treated badly by the osbournes or by any business transaction you would never hear her bad-mouthing or publicly bashing anyone in public. she's above that sort of stuff.

frank.
trigger wrote:I believe that as soon as Ozzy is too frail to record or be wheeled out onto the stage. The Osbourne company will begin to take a good look at what they have stored away and begin to cash in on that. I think this is where we will find the things we are hoping for, I don't even feel that this is that far away now.

i believe you're right ian.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

im skeptical about the whole sharon changing randys contract thing;
"Around 1999/2000, Don Arden contacted me offering to help us in our case against the Osbournes. Lee and I met with him in London and we thought we'd have a good chance. It was at this time that he told me about Sharon changing Randy's contract soon after he was killed. Not long after that, Don went back on his word and made up with Sharon and became our enemy, saying that we'd offered to pay him to lie. Nice family eh?
considering Arden was offereing to help Bob and Lee sue the osbournes he can hardly be considered a realiable source (and thats ignoring the fact that he was one of the craftiest figures in the music business).

sharon may well have changed randys contract but the deatils surrounding this are foggy... presuming she did alter his contract it may have at least saved randys estate from the Arden family!? we know niver the deatails of randys original contract nor his possible (sharon edited) version so im staying skeptical about this, if anyone has some more info on this it would be much appreciated.

Getting back to the point of this thread;
a) i think its clear both randy and his mother are perfectionists where music is concerned, so neither of them would want lackluster material released

b) i dont think a petition would achieve anything, surely Mrs Rhoads must realise the fans want new material regardless of its quality, she hasn't acted on this so far, so i dont see her changing her mind

c) i dont think Mrs. Rhoads has much material if any, i think K Dubrow would have more.

d) from what i gather from the AMG interview with Peter Marglolis the documentary will answer the question of whether or not the Rhoads family is holding back stuff and why!
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Very good points, rice pudding.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Skully wrote:Very good points, rice pudding.
thank you!
i try to keep an open mind :D
zennman
Cool Member

Post by zennman »

I believe the new documentary IS Mrs Rhoads' way of giving new material to the fans....
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I think you guys are missing my point. Delores Rhoads says no any time someone wants to put something out. Out of respect for her, those people do not release what they have.

Case in point, Frank wanted to let everyone hear his lesson tapes with Randy. Those are Frank's property and he has a right to put them out for public consumption in any format he wishes. Mrs. Delores Rhoads asked him not to, and he complied out of respect for her.

In my opinion, hearing lesson tapes and rehearsal tapes and demos and outtakes would give us the opportunity to hear Randy grow from child to legend, step by step. Whether Delores Rhoads likes it or not, each step of the way did take place. It does for every musician. How would Randy's "image" or "reputation" be tarnished by hearing him play at a less than perfect level? He was a human being as well as a musical genius. Hearing the progression from beginner to advanced guitarist would actually be a motivation for people in that it would show them that Randy was once at a less advanced level and, through hard work and practice, he obtained greatness.

In my opinion, Delores Rhoads is looking at this from the wrong angle. A petition from fans with a specifically spelled out request - i.e "formal" or "organized" - may help her see the idea from a fresh vantage point. She may still say no, but at least everyone one of Randy's fans who signed such a petition would know that they had tried.

The same sort of thing could be done for Bob or Tommy. Let me ask each of you this: If you received a letter asking you to consider something and it was signed by more than 1000 people, would you consider it? Don't you think that politician's know that people are fed up with certainissues? Yet they require petitions with X number of signatures to get things on the ballot.

I'm not saying, "Write and sign a petition and Delores Rhoads will open her attic for us to see Randy's kindergarten art project." I'm saying, "Write and sign a petition and present it to her and maybe she'll say yes to the next kind soul who wants to release his/her lesson tapes."

That's about as clear as I can make this, so if it still doesn't make sense, then I'm afraid the thread should be closed.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

i agree with all of your points and i would be willing to put my name to a petition but i dont think it will make a difference where Mrs.Rhoads is concerned as frank said shes a very "strong women"

honestly i think at the moment its best to wait... with the film in the works Mrs. Rhoads may change her tune soon
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

rice_pudding wrote:i agree with all of your points and i would be willing to put my name to a petition but i dont think it will make a difference where Mrs.Rhoads is concerned as frank said shes a very "strong woman"
I am reminded of Lord Alfred Tennyson, "It's better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all."

Replace the word "loved" with the word "tried" and it is appropriate, I think. We all talk about this subject and make assumptions without ever doing anything. What would it hurt, to try? And while we're at it, why not petition Bob Daisley and Tommy Aldridge? Even if we don't get anything, maybe someone would actually say, "The Osbournes have requested that I not release this material." That way the issue could be laid to rest.
AlienSatch

Post by AlienSatch »

Hi,
I think there are no more Blizzard/Diary materials and NO MORE videos.

27 years gone, and we still are holding on to ?.......

Tommy's soundboard tapes?... A fantasy....
Althought I hope I'm wrong, common sense leads me to believe this.

It's a good thing at least we got Blizz & Diary.

ALL THE QR STUFF IS SERIOUSLY CRAP. No self respecting metal head in the 80's would even consider that Rock N Roll or METAL. That was bubble gum late 70's crap.

The tide turned in the early 80's when METAL finally arrived, and QR with Randy didn't see any of that, until Carlos Cavazo came into the picture.
QR was crap until Carlos got there I hate to say.

No wonder Delores doesnt want the QR DVD footage out, I wouldn't want it out either. Let KD keep it. VH1 problems?.. yeah right ! ...

BUT RANDY WITH OZZY & The Blizzard Of Ozz topped ANY and ALL...

It's very hard to explain what Blizz & Diary are to the METAL world. THEY ARE LIKE THE VOWELS IN A ROCK N ROLL ALPHABET. Plain and simply "The Must Have LP's" of their time, and even still today, "TIMELESS".

In a very short time Randy escalated himself to the extreme heights of Guitar Hero in 2-3 years, UNBELIEVABLE REALLY !!!

It's hard to explain the hold Randy has on us all, and is only a matter of time until the rest of the music people and biz "realize" and "respect".

Without people like Randy, Ozzy, Bob, Tommy, Rudy & LEE people like Don Arden, Sharon & Kevin wouldn't have jobs.

G-d Bless Randy Rhoads and thanks for all that he gave us.

And a personal thanks to Randy for helping me advance in my own musical career, and all that he has given to us including (BLIZZ & DIARY).

And a warm shout out to Delores.

J.
Last edited by AlienSatch on Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Randy Rhoads Rules.
CHI-TOWN2

Post by CHI-TOWN2 »

A PETITON :roll: ....you guys insist on becoming part of the story, dont ya....here, save some time ......since some people love calling that poor woman over and over, call her today and tell her about your petition, and what your intentions are...easy, just call her, shes in the phone-book. I dare ya...remember to tell her that Kevin Dubrows remarks inspired you to do this....unreal!
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

RockyRhoads wrote:In my opinion, Delores Rhoads is looking at this from the wrong angle. A petition from fans with a specifically spelled out request - i.e "formal" or "organized" - may help her see the idea from a fresh vantage point. She may still say no, but at least everyone one of Randy's fans who signed such a petition would know that they had tried.
Hey Rocky,

I agree with you, but I think a petition won't work....

Why?
Because Mrs Rhoads probably believes she is doing the right thing for her son. And her son is not here anymore to tell her she should think different..... ( don't underestimate the power of believe...... )

You believe in God, right? What if I think you are wrong and want to make you think different by a petition?
A petition signed by thousands of people to tell you that you should think different.
What do you do? Will it make you think any different? And how will you feel?
Now go and tell a 85 years old lady to think different........ Mission Imposible really. If you push her to hard it will only make her unhappy in the end and she still will not change her mind...... It won't happen. So I think it's best to respect her wishes and not bother her too much with this in the last phase of her life. Like $haron once said, it's best to wait for the change of the guard. (sad but true.....)

Personally I believe the O$bournes are sitting on tons of stuff........ (footage and audio)
And it's very hard to make me think different on that! :wink: :lol:
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Randy Magic
Friend of Randy

Post by Randy Magic »

My 2 cents: Please leave Delores alone. The documentary IS her contribution to Randy's legacy and will include any material she has been sitting on - ALL of it will be QR related, or family/personal stuff. She has NO BOO stuff that I am aware of.
believe that as soon as Ozzy is too frail to record or be wheeled out onto the stage. The Osbourne company will begin to take a good look at what they have stored away and begin to cash in on that.
I totally agree, as is their pattern. Of course, this will ONLY happen after Delores has passed. Not before. And, I hope that is a long way off, obviously.

KD has already released most of what he has on video, though may have some audio that is still unreleased, as well as a few pics. The most likely source for "new" stuff will be Bob, Lee, and Ozzy/Sharon. And, that's that.

Gary
CHI-TOWN2

Post by CHI-TOWN2 »

Randy Magic wrote:My 2 cents: Please leave Delores alone. The documentary IS her contribution to Randy's legacy and will include any material she has been sitting on - ALL of it will be QR related, or family/personal stuff. She has NO BOO stuff that I am aware of.
believe that as soon as Ozzy is too frail to record or be wheeled out onto the stage. The Osbourne company will begin to take a good look at what they have stored away and begin to cash in on that.
I totally agree, as is their pattern. Of course, this will ONLY happen after Delores has passed. Not before. And, I hope that is a long way off, obviously.

KD has already released most of what he has on video, though may have some audio that is still unreleased, as well as a few pics. The most likely source for "new" stuff will be Bob, Lee, and Ozzy/Sharon. And, that's that.

Gary
...they cant leave her alone..they are obsessed.
dogfall

Post by dogfall »

I would think that if anything new is to be released it would be in conjunction with this film or released after the film. She is a smart buisness lady! also other things come to mind.

"The Ozbournes" before anything new that Randy did with Ozzy can be released they have to ok it because of the copyright on the music.

As for Quiet Riot 1&2 its shows why the band did not get a deal! I don't think those albums are very impressive and to say they even were competition with Van Halen is crazy.

I think QR 1 and 2 have "The Who" feel on some of the songs.
Randy's playing is great on the albums but the songs were not that good at all! and i think Randy knew this.

So if your son leaves you and you know he didn't care for the recordings, i would think you would not put them out in honor of his wishes.
Very simple. :idea:
LoVe Life