About more audio

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Stiltzkin wrote:
Trigger wrote: I feel that our best chance at getting new/other material would be via Bob himself. As far as I am aware he hasn't let any of his tapes go yet. What he could have is all the different rehersal versions of all the songs on 'Blizzard and Diary', if he really wanted that stuff to be heard he could leak it out to us........and we are still waiting! and how long will we have to wait, after all it is 27 years since 'Blizzard' was released.

Not only Bob, but, Tommy and Don both mention having recordings of the last months of the 'Diary' tour shows.........will they ever share those, that was 25 years ago and we are still waiting!

I believe that as soon as Ozzy is too frail to record or be wheeled out onto the stage. The Osbourne company will begin to take a good look at what they have stored away and begin to cash in on that. I think this is where we will find the things we are hoping for, I don't even feel that this is that far away now.

If they don't share with us, I wonder what the chances are of having any new Audio/video turning up in the new film? However the film does give us some hope however small.
I fear that that is the kinda' stuff Delores doesn't want to be seen :(
I think it's a shame really ...
HI Stiltz

what new Randy Live/demo/outake/rehersal material in the future will be un-official and will be leaked to us, that I am certain of :wink:
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

The Flying Dutchman wrote: Hey Rocky,

I agree with you, but I think a petition won't work....

Why?
Because Mrs Rhoads probably believes she is doing the right thing for her son. And her son is not here anymore to tell her she should think different..... ( don't underestimate the power of believe...... )

You believe in God, right? What if I think you are wrong and want to make you think different by a petition?
A petition signed by thousands of people to tell you that you should think different.
What do you do? Will it make you think any different? And how will you feel?
Now go and tell a 85 years old lady to think different........ Mission Imposible really. If you push her to hard it will only make her unhappy in the end and she still will not change her mind...... It won't happen. So I think it's best to respect her wishes and not bother her too much with this in the last phase of her life. Like $haron once said, it's best to wait for the change of the guard. (sad but true.....)
my sentiment exactly...
no matter what you say a petition is widely perceived as agresive means to an end... if your realy serious about this idea you would be best just to write a letter explaining the rationale behind your/our beliefs as you rightly say;

hearing lesson tapes and rehearsal tapes and demos and outtakes would give us the opportunity to hear Randy grow from child to legend, step by step. Whether Delores Rhoads likes it or not, each step of the way did take place. It does for every musician. How would Randy's "image" or "reputation" be tarnished by hearing him play at a less than perfect level? He was a human being as well as a musical genius. Hearing the progression from beginner to advanced guitarist would actually be a motivation for people in that it would show them that Randy was once at a less advanced level and, through hard work and practice, he obtained greatness.

i still doubt it would do much good im sure Mrs.Rhoads has recieved many similar letters before and even if she did say "ok you can release what you want" it doesn't mean all the stuff we hope is hidden away will see the light of day.

in any case i still think its best to wait and see how things develop after the film is finished
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

My point was to right an explanatory letter and attach the signatures to that. The whole idea is to give her a point of view she may not have considered.

As for my belief in God, yes, I believe in God and if a thousand people were to petition me to change my mind, I would listen to their argument and then explain to them my reasoning for either changing or not changing my belief. It is the courtesy of listening to the argument that is the key.

That is all I was suggesting with Mrs. Rhoads. Everyone likes to ask, "Do you think more stuff exists?" Why waste so much time discussing it without acting upon it? I never said I was going to petition her, I said I have ideas about doing it.

I have talked to someone who knows Mrs. Rhoads and the family and he has told me that he's talked to Kathy about my idea of an audio timeline of Randy's life and that she was intrigued by the idea. If Kathy was intrigued, what makes everyone think that her mom would be completely against it?

By the way, there has been all the talk about Don Arden in another thread and how he reconciled with his daughter a few years before his death. He was 81 and reconsidered his reasoning after 20 years. People change all the time, regardless of age. You never know when or why a person will change. But if you never act upon your ideas you never accomplish anything.

So you can all continue to tell me, "It won't work" but you'll never, really know because you never actually tried.

And as for you, CHI-TOWN2, you went to visit the woman in 1984 and never went back. So what? I drove by Musonia in 2002 because I was in the area, I didn't go in and bother anyone, I just looked in the window and walked away. I don't call her, I've never spoken to her. I could care less where Randy's guitars are located. You are angry with someone over something and it ain't me. I happen to agree with you that calling her "Dee" is ridiculous if you are not a close friend or family member. I agree with you that a lot of people go off the deep end over Randy Rhoads with an almost religious fervor about the guy. You and I are on the same side on a lot of this, but then you attack me because I suggest actually asking Mrs. Rhoads to reconsider rather than sitting at my little computer talking for days about "what if" and "do you think"???

I tried to respond rationally to everything you said and your one line comments did nothing but antagonize. I'd like to hear your point of view in a calm rational manner, I'll bet you have a lot to contribute.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

RockyRhoads wrote:So you can all continue to tell me, "It won't work" but you'll never, really know because you never actually tried.
I think many, many people did act on this already and asked Mrs. Rhoads about stuff to be released. I know how she reacted when people asked on the memorial days about this. From what I heard she clearly doesn't like the subject and doesn't really want to talk about it. I think she knows very well about the strong demand from the public. So I think 'chasing' her with a petition is not the right way and will only make her feel uncomfortable/unhappy in the worsest case.
RockyRhoads wrote:Everyone likes to ask, "Do you think more stuff exists?" Why waste so much time discussing it without acting upon it?
I think the subject "Do you think more stuff exists?" is very intriguous since some people say "no more stuff exists" or "nothing was filmed" etc.. What not exists can't be released, right? :wink: I think it's very intriguous to speculate what stuff might be out there and finding clues to show these people are maybe 'wrong'......

Another thing is that Mrs. Rhoads may very well not be aware what stuff is all out there. So I think it's better to act on those people who may have something first. And after that one can always confront the Rhoads camp later on with some findings. For instance Kevin Dubrow had a hard time to get the "RR years" be approved but in the end he got the approval. (after letting listening her to some recordings)
That's another thing why a petition will not work: a petition would be something like asking a global approval for all kinds of stuff to be released. And I think she likes to know for what actual stuff she gives her approval...., so that's another reason why she never would agree with a petition. (imo)

Rocky, I do appreciate you brought this subject up. Good food for talk! :)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:I know how she reacted when people asked on the memorial days about this. From what I heard she clearly doesn't like the subject and doesn't really want to talk about it.
See, now that's the kind of talk I needed to hear. You actually heard her comment on this subject. No offense to those who know Mrs. Rhoads, but no one can "know" her opinion without asking her.

I once had someone someone say, "So you must be against abortion," upon hearing that I was adopted. They knew one thing about me and assumed something else. I am against abortion, by the way, but not because I was adopted.

What I'm getting at is that now that Dutch has told me he heard Mrs. Rhoads speak on this subject, I'm going to let is rest.
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

I also was present when someone asked about footage at one of the memorials, and she basically gave a uncomfortable chuckle, and quickly changed the subject. It was easy to see she was uncomfortable with the subject. I said it once before, but to us Randy is a guitar hero, but he was her child. That trumps anyone else's desires. And believe me, I want as much RR as I can get :wink:
Randy Magic
Friend of Randy

Post by Randy Magic »

and to say they even were competition with Van Halen is crazy.
Well, that's an opinion. However, I must say...

You really had to be there to understand why there was a competition.

Gary

(sorry, I saw that and had to comment!)
Six_Strung_Out
Cool Member

Post by Six_Strung_Out »

Once again that last word is r-e-q-u-e-s-t
The last word is always r-e-s-p-e-c-t Legal documents end with this phrase respectfully submitted.

The late Al Hendrix, Jimi Hendrix's father, had Paul Allen of MicroSoft Corporation pay hefty legal fees to get the rights to his son's music back to him. It is very important that the Rhoads Family have total control of all their personal masters (professional or non-professional media) without some legal battle over Randy Rhoads's musical property.

We are all so lucky to have so many digital audio's here at Ultimate and over at TK. Do you think the Rhoads family has even heard them all?

Respectfully Submitted,

Ray
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Six_Strung_Out wrote:
Once again that last word is r-e-q-u-e-s-t
The last word is always r-e-s-p-e-c-t Legal documents end with this phrase respectfully submitted.
Legal Documents? Legal Documents are for the courts. A Request isn't a legal document, it's a Request. Why must you all take a reasonable suggestion and turn it into an argument? The thread started with saying that I believe that the only way to hear new material would be to ask Mrs. Rhoads to give her blessing when someone asks if they can release something. I didn't say I wanted to petition her nor did I say I was going to petition her.

Threads pop up all the time saying, "What do you think the chances are of hearing new material?" or, "Do you think we'll ever see new footage?" Well the answer to both questions is We will hear new material and see the footage when Delores Rhoads gives her blessing for it top be released So MY comment on the subject was to say that if everyone were to ask her you might have a better chance. LEGAL never came into the equation.

Now that Dutch and cableguy have told me their experiences with this subject, I say that the request won't work anyway (I never thought it would, but it's always better to do something rather than talk about something).

I guess, in the end, I'd like to see more of the "fans" on these message boards do something constructive rather than just hang out and talk about stuff. Write a poem, tab a song, write a song, draw a picture, etc. Do Something. Writing up a petition would have been doing something - less talk more action. No it's not gonna happen but at least y'all had something new to complain about for a few days.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Isn't it about time we've agreed to disagree on this subject?
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Skully wrote:Isn't it about time we've agreed to disagree on this subject?
Would that be a Formal Legal Request to Agree to Disagree or is it a casual informal request? :wink:

I was just trying to clarify that it was never a legal issue. I'm done with this thread now.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

RockyRhoads wrote:My point was to right an explanatory letter and attach the signatures to that. The whole idea is to give her a point of view she may not have considered.
ok, misunderstanding. i think people jumped up your ass a bit when they heard the word "petition". :lol:
RockyRhoads wrote:I guess, in the end, I'd like to see more of the "fans" on these message boards do something constructive rather than just hang out and talk about stuff. Write a poem, tab a song, write a song, draw a picture, etc. Do Something. Writing up a petition would have been doing something - less talk more action. No it's not gonna happen but at least y'all had something new to complain about for a few days.
+1
i wouldn't mind doing some tabs, especialy QR era cos you can buy ozzy sheet music in the shops but not QR :idea:
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

A casual informal request. ;) God knows I don't have the money for legal fees at the moment. :lol:
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

RockyRhoads wrote:
The Flying Dutchman wrote:I know how she reacted when people asked on the memorial days about this. From what I heard she clearly doesn't like the subject and doesn't really want to talk about it.
See, now that's the kind of talk I needed to hear. You actually heard her comment on this subject. No offense to those who know Mrs. Rhoads, but no one can "know" her opinion without asking her.
Hey Rocky,
One correction though, I never met Mrs. Rhoads. But I have some reliable sources. (one of them is Cableguy)
I was as curious about this as you and had someone who asked it for me at one of those memorial days. :wink:
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Six_Strung_Out
Cool Member

Post by Six_Strung_Out »

Let us all pray that some day we shall all be blessed with more of Randy's music.

Amen