Anniversary of Montreal July 28th Show

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

AlienSatch

Anniversary of Montreal July 28th Show

Post by AlienSatch »

Just thought it was cool to commemorate the day Montreal was recorded, partial TRIBUTE. 7.28.81

:D
Randy Rhoads Rules.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Thanks for the reminder, memorable show!

Since the spotlight solo did appear on Tribute I think we can conclude this show was proffesionally recorded and I wonder if they ever gonna release this entire concert?
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

obviously its easy to get bootlegs of it, but whether they professionally release it after processing it etc i dont know. What a great show though and a memorable performance from the guys
RhoadsRulz4Eva

Post by RhoadsRulz4Eva »

A show to remember. Possibly should of been used instead of Cleveland on the tribute album but i think Randy's tone was MUCH better on Cleveland.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

RhoadsRulz4Eva wrote:A show to remember. Possibly should of been used instead of Cleveland on the tribute album but i think Randy's tone was MUCH better on Cleveland.
I agree Montreal is a better show, during July-August 1981 Randy was on fire. I don't think he ever played better in his entire career 8)
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

RhoadsRulz4Eva wrote:A show to remember. Possibly should of been used instead of Cleveland on the tribute album but i think Randy's tone was MUCH better on Cleveland.
Yeah! Cleveland is more a metal tone I guess and he als played better there imo.
Interesting thing is that the stage volume at Cleveland was not that loud because of the recording. (see Rudy's book) I always thought that show had to be real loud! 8)
Trigger wrote:during July-August 1981 Randy was on fire. I don't think he ever played better in his entire career 8)
+ 1
but I would say from May till August '81. (Cleveland was may 11th) To me that was the Ultimate Rhoads! 8) (best playing and best tone!)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:
Yeah! Cleveland is more a metal tone I guess and he als played better there imo.
Interesting thing is that the stage volume at Cleveland was not that loud because of the recording. (see Rudy's book) I always thought that show had to be real loud! 8)
Trigger wrote:during July-August 1981 Randy was on fire. I don't think he ever played better in his entire career 8)
+ 1
but I would say from May till August '81. (Cleveland was may 11th) To me that was the Ultimate Rhoads! 8) (best playing and best tone!)
I agree, although go back and listen to the Towsen show which was Randy's first show with Ozzy in his home country, he was brilliant. I think Randy had perfected the songs by Cleveland but by July he had got the riffs and fills pefect! 8)
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.