Don Arden died at the weekend.

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Don Arden died at the weekend.

Post by Trigger »

Well the Ozzy Band's first manager and the Jet records owner died this weekend, as you will know he is Sharon Osbourne's farther.

He was born Harry Levy in Manchester in 1926 and had an unpleasent reputation. I mention it in this section because he released Randy's last two studio albums and worked to make Ozzy and Randy a touring sensation, anymore than that I think others can ad.

Ian
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

That is certainly the end of an era.

Thoughts with Sharonx
Last edited by Cpt Matt Sparrow on Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

It's hard for family members during a time of loss such as this. I wish Mr. Arden's family peace.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Reading about Don Arden makes Sharon seem like a saint!
Anyway, it's hard losing a father. My thoughts are with the rest of the family.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

i've often wondered what happened to Don Arden.

i knew he was unwell and figured he'd passed away a couple of years ago unbeknown to the public, clearly not though, he was a fighter till the end...

i hope he passed peacefully...
Madman56
Cool Member

Post by Madman56 »

Six_Strung_Out
Cool Member

Post by Six_Strung_Out »

RockyRhoads wrote:It's hard for family members during a time of loss such as this. I wish Mr. Arden's family peace.
Thank you for expressing the human side of loss Mr. RockyRhoads.

Mr. Arden published a book a few years ago. He left us all his viewpoint of life. I have not read it. Just found out about it today.

siro_angel
Mass Poster

Post by siro_angel »

To me Don Arden was the rock version of Scarface, who brought himself from a bad background to a success only to die at the end. He will be missed, he was a very unique person.

Im sorry if comparing Don Arden to Scarface was offensive, but its how i thought of him as.

My thoughts are with Sharon and the family.

Simon
"A man who aimed to bring his dreams to reality is not a fool, but the man who won't is."
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

He had a certain way of dealing with the business side of things that's for sure. Definatley a one off, even if his methods were not always popular. I don't know all the facts but I always thought it a bit harsh of Sharon to totally ignore her father for 20 years, never allowing him to see the grandkids or anything, only to make peace with him when he was almost on his deathbed, quite sad really. I always thought blood was thicker than water, but obviously not in Sharon's case.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

i can kinda understand why sharon blocked him out of her life after what he'd done (not that im taking sides). i think in reality both sharon and Don were to stubborn to break the ice...
siro_angel
Mass Poster

Post by siro_angel »

rice_pudding wrote:i can kinda understand why sharon blocked him out of her life after what he'd done (not that im taking sides). i think in reality both sharon and Don were to stubborn to break the ice...
Sounds like my mum and my sister, my sister is too stubborn to apolegize for attempting to break up my family, and rip them apart, but alas she doesnt believe she should apolegize, i do hope she does and see sense.

Simon
"A man who aimed to bring his dreams to reality is not a fool, but the man who won't is."
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

I remember reading about how Don put several "hits" out on here. If that's the case, I could see why she'd sort of have a grudge.
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

Did anyone hear the tribute to Don on British Radio 5 Live I think it was this morning. I got to listen to a bit but not all. It may well be on a BBC Podcast so I will have a look for you :)
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Do you realize that's what I just said? :lol: