I'm kinda pissed

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

I'm kinda pissed

Post by Paul Wolfe »

So I started up my "myspace" page again and joined this RR group.

They are using an image I created and posted here and at my old myspace page. When I mentioned to the group moderator that it'd be nice to get credit for it, he says he filed for copyright of that image.

The damn internet is a thief's playground. See if I share any more creations of my own.
Dan
Cool Member

Post by Dan »

Can I go show the guy some of my "zeal"?
Baking the cookies of discontent by the heat of the laundromat vent...
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Dan wrote:Can I go show the guy some of my "zeal"?
Feel free, my brother!

(Welcome, by the way...)
frank
Student & Friend of Randy

Post by frank »

hey paul, that was a short leave of absence. glad you're back. hope all is good.
Dan
Cool Member

Post by Dan »

RockyRhoads wrote:
Dan wrote:Can I go show the guy some of my "zeal"?
Feel free, my brother!

(Welcome, by the way...)
Thanks bro. Had to come see where you're playing these days. Got your trusty old V hanging above my head as I type this.
Baking the cookies of discontent by the heat of the laundromat vent...
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

You take good care of that guitar.. I miss it.
Andy P

Post by Andy P »

I wonder if that's true. I would think that the Rhoads family would have the image and likeness of Randy to themselves. I would hope! If that is true, then perhaps he won't have it for long. that sucks man!
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

Don't let it stop you from making others, dude. Just plaster your myspace site over it next time :wink:

I actually thought the same thing the first time I saw Randy with wings somewhere else, but not so much for me, more for Todd who actually made my vision a reality. He had mixed feelings about it, because as he put it, he never got permission from the photographer who took the original picture. Changed my perspective a bit......just a bit :lol:
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I think that the issue I have most with this is that the guy admitted that he had no idea who made it, yet he wants to copyright it anyway.

If you know you didn't create something, then you shouldn't try to take credit for it.

I never took credit, because it'sjust a photoshop kinda thing I made with pictures I had available. It's not a big deal, really, I just think it shows a lack of respect by the guy who's using it on myspace.
roderick

Post by roderick »

Use a creative commons license next time. It's legally binding but describes the terms under which others can use it (ie: non-commercial, give atttribution, etc.).

http://www.creativecommons.com

At the very least, he can give you credit in the "alt" tag.

The question is, did you create your derivative work from an image you had copyright for or permission to alter.

I'm not an attorney and this stuff can become a mess fast. That's why creative commons licenses are great for a community like this that likes to share.
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

I'd be pissed too!
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.