C.C. Deville's a Randy fan too

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Madman56
Cool Member

C.C. Deville's a Randy fan too

Post by Madman56 »

Just a quick story I thought I'd share. I went to a Poison/Ratt show on the 30th, and was able to hang out with the band backstage all day and watch them prepare for the show and relax etc. Well, I wore one of my Randy shirts to the show, and I was watching C.C. DeVille try out some new equipment when when of his assistants said, "Hey C.C., did ya see this guys shirt?" So C.C. looks up and says "Mr. Randy Rhoads, very nice!" Well, that pretty much made my day, but then he goes back to trying out the new stuff and throws in a little Steal Away in there, and gives me a smile. So, later in the day before they get on stage we bump into each other again and he tells me to listen to his playing that night, and I'll hear a lot of Randy's influence. Very cool day, and experience for me that just goes to show you how much Randy's influence pops up. If someone can show me how, I have a pic of C.C. pointing at my shirt that I'll post.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

its really cool knowing that pro guitarists learn randys riffs in their own time even if they dont go to huge lengths to acknowledge him as an influence in the public eye 8)

thanks for the cool story sounds like you had a good day :)
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

CC is one of my favorite guitar players... I consider him kin to Chuck Berry, although with a bit more flash :lol:

These days I tend to prefer guys who play to the song over the guys who are technically incredible. I'd prefer Poison to Vai's solo records any day. As David Lee Roth used to say, it's gotta be catchy and danceable... that's my preference in guitar playing these days.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

That's cool to hear!

Not really into him, but didn't he play that song "Every rose"?
That solo to me has a bit Randy in it. Good solo! :)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Stevie

Post by Stevie »

Madman, thats all well and nice, but what did you think of Ratt? Warren is a huge influence on my playing and I dont think Ill ever get to see them live. Which guitars is he favouring live now? I think four of his big guns have been reissued, but of course cost a pretty penny for the average such as myself. So sad to hear about RC as well, I witnessed his last solo laid down on a vid the other day. Anyway, feedback here would be appreciated, thanks.
"Five years ahead? I would love to have people know me as a guitar hero. Someday maybe put out a solo album where I can dig into a lot of instrumentals." ~~ RR ~~
Stevie

Post by Stevie »

Ooops
"Five years ahead? I would love to have people know me as a guitar hero. Someday maybe put out a solo album where I can dig into a lot of instrumentals." ~~ RR ~~
rhoadsscholar
Student & Friend of Randy

Post by rhoadsscholar »

That's good to hear about poison. I'll be checking them out when they come to michigan.

I found out a pretty cool thing. if you buy poison'd (their new album) at Target, it comes with a certificate good for two lawn seats here at DTE theater , they would normally be 25 a piece). so I'll be going with my 18 year old son to see Ratt / Poison
GUITAR STUDENT AND FRIEND OF LEGENDARY GUITARIST William Randall Rhoads. ALL ABOARD.
Madman56
Cool Member

Post by Madman56 »

Stevie wrote:Madman, thats all well and nice, but what did you think of Ratt? Warren is a huge influence on my playing and I dont think Ill ever get to see them live. Which guitars is he favouring live now? I think four of his big guns have been reissued, but of course cost a pretty penny for the average such as myself. So sad to hear about RC as well, I witnessed his last solo laid down on a vid the other day. Anyway, feedback here would be appreciated, thanks.
Hey Stevie, Ratt was very good. I was able to watch them (and take a couple pics) from backstage which is a really cool view to be able to watch a band do their thing. As for Warren's gear, I'm sorry to say I'm not much of a gear head, so I'm not sure. I can tell you that he has always been one of my faves from that era too, and he absolutely smokes still. Like I said, I took a couple pics, and I'd be happy to send them along to you if you want. I met Warren a couple years back at another show, and he was very quiet and reserved. I wasn't able to talk to him this time, just kind of watched from afar, which was still real cool. I'm actually not sure where he was during the day, because the only ones from the band I saw quite a bit of were Stephen Pearcy and John Corrabi. My nephew got Stephens autograph, but he didn't seem real interested so I kept my distance. John Corrabi is a really cool, funny guy and talks to you like you're a long lost friend. All the members of Poison were extremely nice, I can't say enough nice things about them. The band sounded great live, and C.C. impressed me with his playing.
DayNah
Cool Member

Post by DayNah »

Stevie wrote:. So sad to hear about RC as well, I witnessed his last solo laid down on a vid the other day. Anyway, feedback here would be appreciated, thanks.

Yeah I watched the same vid a few weeks back....Sad to hear about Robin...
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

Cool story Stevie. Thanks for sharing.
Madman56
Cool Member

Post by Madman56 »

HOPE THIS WORKS...
Attachments
Me & CC.JPG
Madman56
Cool Member

Post by Madman56 »

Warren kicking some ass
Attachments
Warren Wailing Bstage.JPG
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

nice pics!!!
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
Madman56
Cool Member

Post by Madman56 »

Thanks, glad my computer illiterate brain figured out how to post them :D
Dan
Cool Member

Post by Dan »

New respect for CC. Not one of my favorites but I liked him on the Behind The Music I saw for Poison. He mentioned he is not exactly a natural and has to work harder than most at guitar. I can fully respect and appreciate that.

Very cool to know he is a fan too. How could anyone not be though? :wink:
Baking the cookies of discontent by the heat of the laundromat vent...