Heres a question?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Re: Heres a question?

Post by Silver Rhoads »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Is that your response to show how much another song was stolen?
chasmcneal

Post by chasmcneal »

Silver Rhoads wrote:

Musicians borrow: I have little doubt Randy consciously borrowed Brouwer's work- and he turned it into a friggin' awesome and haunting intro to a cool song that, on the whole, doesn't remotely resemble Brouwer's etude. I don't think it minimizes Randy that he leaned on an influence, nor do I blame Brouwer for saying 'HEY!' At the end of the day though, I don't really think its a big deal.
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

compared to how many songs jimmy page stole from to write "stairway to heaven"...randy using this is a drop in the ocean :lol:
Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Post by Silver Rhoads »

chasmcneal wrote:
Silver Rhoads wrote:

Musicians borrow: I have little doubt Randy consciously borrowed Brouwer's work- and he turned it into a friggin' awesome and haunting intro to a cool song that, on the whole, doesn't remotely resemble Brouwer's etude. I don't think it minimizes Randy that he leaned on an influence, nor do I blame Brouwer for saying 'HEY!' At the end of the day though, I don't really think its a big deal.
Well said! It's doesn't bother me either. A few notes are similar. Randy's Diary is a superb and melodic piece of work.