Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

shawn
Cool Member

Randy Rhoads rare footage live Detroit 1982

Post by shawn »

xk319

Re: Randy Rhoads rare footage live Detroit 1982

Post by xk319 »

The band jam on film, I never thought I'd see the day. I bet it all looks great if you could see it through something other than a 2006 flip phone camera. I suppose that's on purpose though.

Thanks for posting the link.
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

I wish that video would be released or shared :l Sound and picture seem good...
Mikel
chasmcneal

Post by chasmcneal »

This is the same thing that was briefly posted on the Facebook group a few months back, yeah?
shawn
Cool Member

Post by shawn »

chasmcneal wrote:This is the same thing that was briefly posted on the Facebook group a few months back, yeah?
Yes I would think so. It is definitely been posted before but then taken down.
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

shawn wrote:
chasmcneal wrote:This is the same thing that was briefly posted on the Facebook group a few months back, yeah?
Yeah, that was a convoluted mess. Honestly I'm not 100% sure what happened but a Randy Rhoads Facebook page one day said the entire show was being released that Saturday only for it to fall to pieces the next day or so.

Something else involving the dude who was sharing the clips. I don't know, typical Randy Rhoads bullshit.
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

Every time we get a glimmer of hope of something good coming out, it seems to get shut down. I swear it'd be easier getting footage of aliens than footage of Randy Rhoads.
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

Ive actually seen UAPs a couple of times so i would agree with you Cryptic.
No1UNo
Cool Member

Post by No1UNo »

I don't lose any sleep over this stuff because I don't feel entitled to any of it and I am a pessimistic New Englander. I'm here for the music, but yes - footage would be a total bonus as a lot of us were little kids when Randy passed (I was 13) and never got to see him play live at a show. If I could time travel, one of my dates would be the '81 Boston or Cape Cod show to experience him. Heck, I'd see all the New England shows!

From a higher perspective, the hijinks boggle the mind. Everybody loves Randy - his family (very obviously), Ozzy & Sharon, Bob, Lee, Rudy, Tommy, Leslie, and Don. Kevin, Kelli, Drew. His many friends - some of which are graciously on this site, and so many others. But not enough that it's still all about dollars or credit - and that really zeroes in on those that own the sound or image rights. Unfortunate, but as the Old Hoodie says, "It is what it is".

Part of me wants to say, "Don't wait for anything new. Appreciate what you have and enjoy it everyday." But that is exactly why this site (and others) are dying. Hope only lasts for a short amount of time, and once people clue into reality and give up on it, they move on. That's what a lot of folks have done here. That is why the links to the audio section are broken and haven't been fixed, and that is why I can't even get MP3's of 3 very common audio sources (2 of which were officially released).

This seems appropriate and has multiple meanings:

How I wish, how I wish you were here
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year
Running over the same old ground
What have we found?
The same old fears
Wish you were here
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

shawn wrote:
yes same video. I am pretty sure Kathy has this footage in the best quality. They are look at how to release it but haven't guaranteed it will come out
alborg
Cool Member

Post by alborg »

sytharnia wrote:
shawn wrote:
yes same video. I am pretty sure Kathy has this footage in the best quality. They are look at how to release it but haven't guaranteed it will come out
The best way I believe the Randy footage can be released is within the context of an official documentary either all about Randy or just his Ozzy Years. That has been tried before and ended in a shit fight that no one won. Maybe someone else would need to start from scratch but I don't see that happening in this lifetime. What a fucking shame we sit here getting older, 38 years later, Randy's legacy squandered away due to greed and inaction and only really known by Ozzy fans and then you see what the Hendrix estate has done to keep his memory alive through the years. The general public knows who Hendrix was but ask about Randy...
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Too bad Donald Trump's not a big Randy fan... He'd release everything in exchange for votes ;)
chilinvilin
Cool Member

Post by chilinvilin »

Paul Wolfe wrote:Too bad Donald Trump's not a big Randy fan... He'd release everything in exchange for votes ;)
LMFAO