38 Years 3/19 Randy Rhoads - What song introduced you to him

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

orion_damage
Mass Poster

38 Years 3/19 Randy Rhoads - What song introduced you to him

Post by orion_damage »

When I heard the track Diary of a Madman, it had the same affect on me as Eruption. What's yours?
No1UNo
Cool Member

Re: 38 Years 3/19 Randy Rhoads - What song introduced you to

Post by No1UNo »

It was the summer of '81 and I heard "I Don't Know" while riding the Roundabout at our local town's Independence Day carnival / celebration. It changed my life to this day. One of my favorite days / memories.

Just the same, "Diary of a Madman" is one of my favorite songs to listen to of all time. And I suppose I'll put it on sometime today to remember The Master.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

For me it was Crazy Train on the radio in the spring of 1981... then that summer I was introduced to Dee, Suicide Solution and Goodbye to Romance at church camp. It's been a long crazy ride ever since.
nyhc7163

Post by nyhc7163 »

Mine also was the "crazy train" single from blizzard and then from there "I don't know" and the rest of Blizzard..It was in the fall of 1981
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

A friend gave me a tape with Mr Crowley in it and I was in love!
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

Someone gave me a mix tape in 1988 that had a couple Ozzy songs, Crazy Train and You Can't Kill Rock n Roll. A year later I started playing guitar.
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

Honestly I can't pinpoint anything as it was 35 years ago. All I can remember was getting the "speak of the devil" album (because I was a big sabbath fan)..this helped me realise that ozzy was the singer (haha) so the next album I got was Bark at the moon ... the next day I went and got Diary (because of the cover) and within 2 weeks I got a guitar to start to learn. Still playing now thanks to Randy (and Jake on the salt lake city VHS)