Brad Gillis talks about touring with Ozzy

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

shawn
Cool Member

Post by shawn »

Some interesting stuff, talks about getting a pedal board from the Ozzy camp. I do not think that I have heard that before.

Shockwave
Mass Poster

Re: Brad Gillis talks about touring with Ozzy

Post by Shockwave »

That was really detailed, lots of new info to me.

I knew Ozzy retained the amps and pedalboard after Randy died but I thought it was just to keep the shows going for the short term. Never crossed my mind that Ozzy actually owned the amps and pedalboard, makes sense in hindsight.

Mind is blown that Ozzy gave Brad Randy’s amps and pedalboard as well. Brad said he was given a couple of the amps so this got me thinking about a post on kathys Instagram from a few months ago. She posted a photo of her standing next to 3 of Randy’s Marshall stacks, 6 cabs but only 1 head. I wonder if Brad still has (or ever really had) the other two Marshall heads that are missing from kathys picture.

It also gets me thinking who did Brad sell Randy’s pedalboard to and how did it eventually make it’s way back to the rhoads family?
joediesle

Post by joediesle »

If Brad had Randy's amps and peddle board, where are they now? And why does the Rhoads family say they have them in a secure place? Are they lying?
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

The rhoads family are way to vague with us and they have controlled randys legacy to the point at which they have practically let Randy get forgotten.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

When Randy died Ozzy had all hs gear packaged up and sent home. That was everything, i know Bernie Torme played through his pedal board as his effects ended up being delayed on a flight from the UK to the USA. So this was would of been about April 1982. So going from that i would imagine his amp heads and cabs woukd of still been with the band on Bernie's departure. But all of Randy's gear was eventually shipped back home. The only item which was missing was his Zeus practice amp which was left under his bunk on the tour bus in March 1982. This was eventually sold on ebay a few years ago and it has been mentioned on here many times.
joediesle

Post by joediesle »

From what I read Randy Chambers has the Zeus amp and a peddle board not the big current one Randy used.