Randy Rhoads Tribute Cover Photo Video

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

zennman
Cool Member

Randy Rhoads Tribute Cover Photo Video

Post by zennman »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eskUubbCpOM

I never realized how great the moment was on the Chicago 82 concert when the Tribute photo was taken. Randy was absolutely on fire on that Mr Crowley outro. This bootleg was always kind of annoying with the source tape losing it's tracking every 15 seconds or so... I'm glad I revisited this magic moment for myself.

After a crash course in Final Cut Pro, I decided to slightly edit the video to share the moment with the world... Hope you like it...

I'm gathering all of this video for a in-store RR display at the music store where I work. Karl Sandoval paid us a visit this week and we bought one of his PDV's. So I'm setting up a cool video display with RR videos looping all day long in the store along with the PDV and the Jacksons....
siro_angel
Mass Poster

Re: Randy Rhoads Tribute Cover Photo Video

Post by siro_angel »

Well I never lol... notice how Randy never looses his feel or anything while being picked up its like he could be lifted upside down and he'll still play bang on!

I know its annoying but at least we get to see Randy as close to live as possible :P

ooooh i wish i could hold a KS PDV :( lol id love to have met Sandavol he seems a great guy :)

Simon
"A man who aimed to bring his dreams to reality is not a fool, but the man who won't is."
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Great! Thnx! :D Historical moment there......

It's funny how Ozzy gonna stand right in front of Randy and Randy immediately goes to the left of the stage, for sure he wanted in the spotlight when doing his solo! 8)

btw. I always wondered where the rest of this Chicago footage is......
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
wyldeone
Cool Member

Post by wyldeone »

On this video it had tracking problems but it seemed like the more I transferd it for people the worst it got.. I belive I have a copy with less jumps in it , the worst song was crazy train.. Im still trying to get a hold of the person that I got it off of Years Ago.. He shot it .. I believe the jumps were put there on purpose so I wouldnt give it out.. I didnt for a long time Then I gave it to someone and now its everywhere.. Anyway Zenman if you need a cleaner copy I could send one out..
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I'd heard that before about the jumps being added intentionally. I'm hoping Peter Margolis can contact the guy who shot it and we can see a good quality version in his documentary. He does mention in Guitar World about being in contact with someone who has front row video shot on Super Eight. That Chicago stuff isn't front row, and neither is the Palladium stuff, so it could be new stuff never seen before.

I'm wondering if he's heard from "Lintball" about the soundcheck footage?
wyldeone
Cool Member

Post by wyldeone »

Im hoping for the same thing.. The guy I got it from was friends with Ken Adamady.. former manager from Cheap Trick.. I used to see the guy at record shows and I havent seen him or had contact with him in years.. But he did tell me there was more footage which I thought would be true since it ends right before suicide and RRs solo.. People think this was 8mm footage but it wasnt it was shot on a old video camera.. Also there was rumored of 8mm footage (silent) from Poplar Creek theater in Il.
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

Fabulous, zennman! Thanks!
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
DayNah
Cool Member

Post by DayNah »

Thanks for posting that!...AWESOME!
janey

Post by janey »

Hi folks,
I happened on your site looking for info, and it seems like poeple here are pretty knowledgeable, so I hope you can help me. Does anybody know where I can get a good photo quality copy of the picture on the Tribute album? I was at that show, and I recently found my ticket stub, in amazingly pristine condition. Anyway, I thought it would be cool to frame the 2 together. Any info would be much appreciated. :D
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Hi Janey

I am at my dads at the moment but when I get back I can help you. I have exactly what you say framed in my living room
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Mike541x
Cool Member

Post by Mike541x »

Great video. What an awesome moment for Ozzy and Randy. The Chicago footage has always been one of my favorites. I wish we could see more. I wonder who taped this show?
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

Lovely and totally mezmerizing guitar Solo: Mr. Rhoads played with grace, passionate zeal, love & emotions :!: Breathtaking & trailblazing all the way! :shock: 8) Great vintage video.
The legendary Randy Rhoads is an electric "Crazy Train" Guitarist/Musician to the max!
barkatozz

Post by barkatozz »

www.myspace.com/barkatozzbass
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

Thanks Barkatozz :) What a picture, just brilliant. Anyone know who took it ?
Mike541x
Cool Member

Post by Mike541x »