WTF ? (that's the best way to describe this)

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

P C M
Cool Member

WTF ? (that's the best way to describe this)

Post by P C M »

Read the last paragraph.

It come from this site here.....

http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/ ... B7000B0C07

From what I know and read.....I don't buy it or think that's even possible. :shock:
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Actually Don Airey ran into the burning building and pulled out the owner of the house. Randy, Rachel and Andrew unfortunately died on impact.

It's blatant mis-information like this that has lead to the making of the documentary. So we should all be thankful for people without a clue, without them there wouldn't be such a need to set the record straight.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

The funny thing about that comment is that it came from a reliable source Ozzyhead.com now defuncted but Mitch knew his Ozzy history? Just like Rocky says it was Tommy Aldridge and Don Airey who tried to put the fire out with a small fire extinguisher.The plane went up in flames on impact and it was a tradgedy from the moment they took off.It has been said that the pilot was being wrestled from the controls by Randy to stop him from hitting the bus so he actually did save the rest of the people from being involved in a bigger tragedy.This has been said by Don Airey and it does get mentioned in Rudy Sarzo's book..
Blaclsmith13

Post by Blaclsmith13 »

Funny(Well Not Funny HAHA)
Tommy
Cool Member

Post by Tommy »

I've read that both Rudy, Ozzy, and Don went into the house. But i do know that everyone on the plane died on impact... :(
dogfall

Post by dogfall »

The truth of the events of this day will be in the film!
LoVe Life
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

I've heard that it was Tommy who got the deaf man out. Never heard that Don did it. But I can see most of the guys in the band running to the house though to see what had happened, but maybe not necessarily going in.
chelrob

Post by chelrob »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:The funny thing about that comment is that it came from a reliable source Ozzyhead.com now defuncted but Mitch knew his Ozzy history? Just like Rocky says it was Tommy Aldridge and Don Airey who tried to put the fire out with a small fire extinguisher.The plane went up in flames on impact and it was a tradgedy from the moment they took off.It has been said that the pilot was being wrestled from the controls by Randy to stop him from hitting the bus so he actually did save the rest of the people from being involved in a bigger tragedy.This has been said by Don Airey and it does get mentioned in Rudy Sarzo's book..
Back in the day the news was that Randy asked the pilot to buzz the tour bus... but how do we know any of this? What could the source of information be? Everybody died on impact :?
12/31/1981, LA Sports Arena... I was there :)
Six_Strung_Out
Cool Member

Post by Six_Strung_Out »

In the heat of battle, during a war, things happen too quick to know who did what. Medals are awarded after a complete after action investigation. The documentary film on Randy Rhoads, now in progress, has the ability to clear up some of the "smoke" that always rises up after a disaster.

Ray
therhoadlesstraveled
Cool Member

Post by therhoadlesstraveled »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:It has been said that the pilot was being wrestled from the controls by Randy to stop him from hitting the bus so he actually did save the rest of the people from being involved in a bigger tragedy.This has been said by Don Airey and it does get mentioned in Rudy Sarzo's book..
If that is the real case, then Randy really was a hero.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Maybe Randy was trying to calm down Rachel........?
Rachel sat aside the pilot and Randy sat behind if I remember correctly.
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.