Randy's Guitar Tech

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Six_Strung_Out
Cool Member

Post by Six_Strung_Out »

Thank you Mr. Margolis for sharing your work-in-progress.

This subject reminds me of the "Dead Sea Scrolls". Trying to find and decipher ancient memories, and present them with creative continuity, sounds like a real challenge.

I wish you great luck in finding those many hidden archives that were made during Randy's life.

Ray

[/b]
Film Director

Post by Film Director »

Ray
It is not so much trying to find the "hidden archives" as it is trying to track down some of the people who were involved with Randy at various stages of his life. Some walk right in the door with boxes of pictures and memories, others are found with Google, Myspace, word of mouth and some simply don't want to be found or refuse to cooperate. We have successfully made contact with over 80 people so far and have scheduled interviews all the way into September. We have friends, girlfriends, neighbors, family members and relatives, band members, crew members, students and so on and so on . When I finally make contact with Gracie Miller I know I will have found the needle in the haystack. Have a nice weekend.
Peter M. Margolis
Film Director
Los Angeles, CA.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Hey Peter,

Could you track down Pete Mertons (Randy's guitartech with Ozzy) and is he involved in documentary?
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Film Director

Post by Film Director »

No sign of Pete Mertons yet. Just some old photographs from the early 80's.
He is on our list, however.
Peter M. Margolis
Film Director
Los Angeles, CA.
Zakk Daniels
Mass Poster

Post by Zakk Daniels »

Film Director wrote:No sign of Pete Mertons yet. Just some old photographs from the early 80's.
He is on our list, however.
Hi Peter,

I was wondering if you have gotten in touch with any of Randy's half brothers. Paul Rhoads for one lives in CT. Will the half brothers be involved at all?
Work Sucks!! Thats why I am on here reading posts!!
Film Director

Post by Film Director »

Not sure about the half brothers yet.
The problem is that they did not really know him that well. So I don't know how much there is to talk about but I am certainly up for the idea if I think it can service the film.
Peter M. Margolis
Film Director
Los Angeles, CA.
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zakk Daniels
Mass Poster

Post by Zakk Daniels »

Film Director wrote:Not sure about the half brothers yet.
The problem is that they did not really know him that well. So I don't know how much there is to talk about but I am certainly up for the idea if I think it can service the film.
That would be really cool to get their perspective on Randy.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I don't know if I can mention details on site, but we do have links to Randy's half brothers via a member here at UR.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Zakk Daniels
Mass Poster

Post by Zakk Daniels »

Trigger wrote:I don't know if I can mention details on site, but we do have links to Randy's half brothers via a member here at UR.
I would love for them to be involved. I bet it would be great to hear their thoughts on Randy and his dad. I understand that Randy and his dad were a lot closer than the media portrayed. It is a private matter, so I am not sure if the half brothers would participate. If they did, that would be so cool.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Zakk Daniels wrote:
Trigger wrote:I don't know if I can mention details on site, but we do have links to Randy's half brothers via a member here at UR.
I would love for them to be involved. I bet it would be great to hear their thoughts on Randy and his dad. I understand that Randy and his dad were a lot closer than the media portrayed. It is a private matter, so I am not sure if the half brothers would participate. If they did, that would be so cool.
I have seen pictures of Randy, his dad and his half brothers back stage at a show in 81 or 82. I think they did have a bond between them :D
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Zakk Daniels
Mass Poster

Post by Zakk Daniels »

Trigger wrote:
Zakk Daniels wrote:
I have seen pictures of Randy, his dad and his half brothers back stage at a show in 81 or 82. I think they did have a bond between them :D
Yeah, I know the picture. There is a post on tk from Paul, explaining that Randy and his dad were close and spoke on the phone on many occassions.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Finally we got to hear something from Pete Mertons :
A.J. found Pete Mertons on Friday so cross him off the list.
His interview will take place in November.
see http://www.fpath.com/rrforum/showthread.php?t=250

Excellent news! 8)
Six_Strung_Out
Cool Member

Post by Six_Strung_Out »

Finally we got to hear something from Pete Mertons
I wonder if Peter Mertons will give away any of his guitar tech trade secrets that he shared with Randy? I also wonder how well Peter Mertons knew Randy outside of their mutual work on tweaking Randy's guitar arsenal?

Sounds like the documentary is making solid progress in it's interview phase.