Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

dogfall

New Interview with Kelle and Dee -American Made Guitars

Post by dogfall »

LoVe Life
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Never heard much of Kelle before but this is really a great interview! It's a bit long but really worth listening. (for every musician) Also lots of stuff about Randy there. The things he said about the upcoming documentary are very promising too!

btw: Where can I find some downloads of his music? (I checked out his myspace)

Thnx for sharing! 8)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
AMG

New Interview with Kelle and Dee

Post by AMG »

Special thanks to dogfall,

The moderator is right the interview with Kelle Rhoads and Dee is long a full hour. I could have shortened it up but Kelle had so much to say about Randy and even more to say about the Musonia School of Music and his new CD so I just kept it all in, plus Delores (Dee) made a special audio appearance. It is a really great interview but there is more on the way with many more people that knew Randy including exclusive excerpts from one of Randy's students recorded during his lessons with Randy and an interview with Karl Sandoval the luthier that built Randy's Polka V. Plus some others I'm working on that I'm keeping secret for now. My Interview with Kelle really is an interview about him and his classical music, it was special that he spoke so much about Randy without much questioning from me. Keep your eyes open much more is on the way. Kelle does not use a computer but he does have an address and order info on his myspace site. http://www.myspace.com/kellerhoads

AMG
www.americanmadeguitars.com
The Flying Dutchman

Kelle is indeed a great person to interview! Lots of interesting stuff he told. I wished he would have some little samples on his myspace. Looking forward to more interviews! Thnx!

Welcome aboard! :wink: 8)
AMG

Music samples

Post by AMG »

A music sample would be ideal, I know that Kelle does not use a computer. I will talk to him about that. Maybe we can get him to have the person helping him with his myspace to put something up. Its a great CD, the recording is not studio polished, he admits it is a bootleg type recording, but I feel that that is one thing that makes it more real and true to the time period he is inspired by.
www.americanmadeguitars.com
The Flying Dutchman

That would be great! I'm very curious about his music since I always liked piano stuff from the romantic period like Chopin, liszt etc. I wonder if he is also into Rachmaninov? His 'bootleg' approach sounds very interesting as well. That kind of music needs to be pure. Also with the Randy stuff I rather listen to the unpolished boots!
Six_Strung_Out
Cool Member

Post by Six_Strung_Out »

That would be great! I'm very curious about his music since I always liked piano stuff from the romantic period like Chopin, liszt etc.
Wow, you really struck a nerve with those words.

When I hear Randy play guitar I always hear some melody lines that sound like they were written on a keyboard. What he might have sounded like on piano or pipe organ haunts me to this very day.....

I am very happy that his warm family is keeping the white hot talent of Randy alive.
The Flying Dutchman

To me the way he constructed his solos feels a bit romantic (and some of his songwriting) to me as well. Like the etudes of Chopin, they are mathematic perfect! You can't change much anymore.

Welcome aboard! :wink:
dogfall

Post by dogfall »

Karl's Interview is up! good one.
LoVe Life