Dissing Randy?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Dissing Randy?

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

This is a Guitar World article that discusses Kevin DuBrow's desire not to be part of the film they are working on. Not sure why it characterizes his desire as 'dissing'...

http://www.guitarworld.com/article/rand ... _the_shaft
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I read that and I can say it is because Kevin refuses to work with Rudy. Kevin has made it abundantly clear he never wants to be involved in anything Rudy is involved in. I'm surprised he allowed Rudy to mention his name in his book.
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

Its sad that two well known musicians cannot set their differences aside for a good cause. I feel Rudy has the upper hand in this one though and has taken the better route, refusing to let past instances ruin his memories of Randy!
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

That's sad to hear, because Kevin (if you like it or not) has been an essential part of the Randy story. Without him we may never heard of Randy Rhoads......
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
P C M
Cool Member

Post by P C M »

Okay,first of all....don't get me wrong on this. Kevin is bit of a dick at time's. I remember in /83,people use to throw tennis ball's with the word (f*g) at him on stage because of his ego. It's a shame he backed out. I have nothing against him and he has a right to do whatever he choose's to do. I just don't understand why he agreed to do it then,back out. This is about Randy.....not Rudy.
dogfall

Post by dogfall »

Out of respect of all people involved this thread should be locked or removed. I would let all the folks on blabbermouth discuss this.. just an :idea:
LoVe Life
frank
Student & Friend of Randy

Post by frank »

kevin's kevin. he thrives on being outrageous and i wouldn't expect any less. actually i rather like him. colorful character.
Stevie

Post by Stevie »

Its a typically sensationalist, irresponsible headline from GW, obviously anyone that knows Kevin's history with RR can read between the lines here. I say just let it be man, it is a shame he pulled out, but just respect his wishes in the end. People quickly forget the good he has done in the past. Im sure in time his stash will see the light of day, esp after the movie will begin a rekindling of Randy's genius :)

Oh and in the name of free speech, please dont lock up any threads unless really necessary, thanks.
frank

Post by frank »

Stevie wrote:Its a typically sensationalist, irresponsible headline from GW, obviously anyone that knows Kevin's history with RR can read between the lines here. I say just let it be man, it is a shame he pulled out, but just respect his wishes in the end. People quickly forget the good he has done in the past. Im sure in time his stash will see the light of day, esp after the movie will begin a rekindling of Randy's genius :)

Oh and in the name of free speech, please dont lock up any threads unless really necessary, thanks.
skezza and trigger are very liberal with the threads stevie. they even let sarab run amuck.
not to be contentious, but help me out. what good has he (kevin) done in the past?
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

frank wrote:
skezza and trigger are very liberal with the threads stevie. they even let sarab run amuck.
:shock: you and the other one guitaridol5682 corrupted me, so you have only yourself to blame :P
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
frank

Post by frank »

Sarab wrote: :shock: you and the other one guitaridol5682 corrupted me, so you have only yourself to blame :P
oh honey, you came diseased. i take no responsibility.
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

frank wrote:
Sarab wrote: :shock: you and the other one guitaridol5682 corrupted me, so you have only yourself to blame :P
oh honey, you came diseased. i take no responsibility.
:shock: and here I thought you cared. :wink:
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
brenton4you

Post by brenton4you »

I agree w/Frank,,,KEVIN is KEVIN. He said to me about 1988?!? at the WHISKEY a Go-Go that FRANKIE banali should join BADLANDS and then they could change the name of the band to
JAKE AND THE FAT MAN(PS for all those who do not know this was a TV show sometime ago)
Kevin has always been a bit of a funny/kinda pr**k. I ALSO know he didnt make RANDY huge or "FIND" him,,,infact I believe HE TALKED himself into the singer position w/RANDY and KELLI Garni.
Just my 2 cents
peace
ITS ALL ABOUT THE RHOADS
Stevie

Post by Stevie »

frank wrote: skezza and trigger are very liberal with the threads stevie. they even let sarab run amuck.
not to be contentious, but help me out. what good has he (kevin) done in the past?
Ok then!!

Hmmmm, I guess I just saw him as a keeper of the flame in a small way, recordings, radio specials, pics etc, not exactly self-promotion. I wouldn't call him a complete twat, thats all. But please if anyone begs to differ, bring it on 8)
frank

Post by frank »

Stevie wrote:
frank wrote: skezza and trigger are very liberal with the threads stevie. they even let sarab run amuck.
Ok then!!

Hmmmm, I guess I just saw him as a keeper of the flame in a small way, recordings, radio specials, pics etc, not exactly self-promotion. I wouldn't call him a complete twat, thats all. But please if anyone begs to differ, bring it on 8)
fair enough. i'll buy that.